News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

TWG LI: A Role Reunion

Started by davy, April 11, 2013, 02:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davy

TWG LI: A Role Reunion

Wolves:
1. Skuntank - Master Wolf Coroner
Every time a player dies, this player will be told the dead player's role. (TWG XXXIX: Perfect Apples)
2. Mr. Mutou - Negation Wolf Expeller
Sends a message to the host every Night Phase with a name of a player. That player's power will fail. Can send a message to the host during any phase, multiple times in the same phase if needed, with the name of a player and a role. If the player and role correlate, the player will die. If not, Mr. Mutou may not expel that role or player from the game. (TWG XXX: Disability Girls)
3. Andrew Jackson - Duelist wolf
If in a KitB he will always survive. In the result of a KitB with three or more players, he can choose a player that will be ignored in the dice roll (a free pass). Unlimited uses. If the Hero of Hope becomes a wolf, Andrew Jackson becomes a Human. (TWG XXXVII: Time for a History lesson)

Independents:
4. Messenger
Sends the name of one player every phase to the Host. At the end of that Phase, that player and the Messenger will both be aware of the player's role. (However, the player will not know who the Messenger is.) (TWG XIX: Mind Games)
5. Totem Guy - Tribune
Sends in a tribune 150 words or less.  If either the Happy Mask Salesman or Strange Man dies, he may take over for them, becoming orange as well if he takes over the HMS.  However, he will maintain his tribune abilities. (TWG L: Zombies!)
6. Happy Mask Salesman - Wolfsbane
Will be told what players have a Latern at the beginning of each night.  (TWG XLVIII: 72 Hours Remaining)
7. Strange Man - Wolfsbane
Can guess the names of all players with laterns during the night phase. If he's correct, those players and all players seer'd red (wolves except for skuntank and millers) will die and the laterns will be lost. (TWG IX: The Latern keeper)

Humans:
8. Traitor - Human counterpart of the Wolf.  Does not count toward the Wolf population.  Does count, however, to the Human population. (TWG XXII: Theatre)
9. Magnus - Morph
During the day he will select a username (by PM) and effectively "become" that player for the course of the following night. (Ex/ If Magnus selects a wolf, he may vote for wolfings). If this player attempts to morph into the Strange man, the morphing will result in becomming a normal human. If this player morphs into Mr. Mutou, he'll die at the end of the night phase. (TWG XL: Uprising Madness).
10. Hero of Hope – Tribune
Sends in a tribune 150 words or less. Has a 20% chance of becomming a wolf at the start of the game. (TWG XXXI: Just another SBURB session)
11. Maya Fey - Medium
Every Night phase, can PM the host two y/n questions to ask any dead player in the game.  At the end of the phase, the Medium recieves the answers to the questions.  The dead person doesn't have to be truthful in answering these questions. (TWG XVI: Objection)
12. Daisy
Will be told she's a human. Will receive a PM upon death notifying her of her role. May choose to reveal the role of one person after she dies. (TWG XLII: Waluigi Time)
13. Scientist - Herring
Will be told he's a human. (TWG XXVIII: Pokémon Black and White)
14. Raiden who hisses - Miller
In the Day Phase update, if Raiden is alive a hiss sound will be heard. Will be told he's a human. (TWG XXXVIII: Snakes on a Plane)
15. Brutal Human
Will be told he's a human. Will receive a PM upon death notifying him of his role. When lynched, chooses a Player that voted for him/her and kills him/her. (TWG XXIV: Sauce Is Pretty Coll)

Items:
Armor of Achilles - This item is sent to a random human (not the traitor) at the start of the game. This armor, when in the possession of a player, will protect him from being wolfed, but not lynched. If the player is lynched with the armor, then the armor is lost forever. The player can choose to send the armor to any other player by PM'ing the host and letting him know which player to send it to. (TWG VI: Rise of the Olympians)
4 Lanterns of the Night: These Lanterns are given to three random players, but not to Independents. Also, if the first three Laterns are given to wolves or the traitor, the final one will be given to a random human (except traitor) so that at the start of the game there's at least one Latern in human possesion. Holding a Lantern allows the player to know the names of the other players with Lanterns. Every Night phase, the players with lanterns will submit one vote each to the host in order to choose one person who is currently holding a lantern to be seer'd. The person with the most votes is then seer'd (in the event of a tie vote, a KitB occurs). The seering results will then be sent to the other three players with lanterns who were not seer'd. By PM'ing the host, laterns can be passed to a random other player, but never to an independent, during day only. The players with Lanterns will always know who has the other lanterns. Whether or not they allow anyone who doesn't hold a lantern to possess their knowledge is entirely up to them. If a player holding a latern dies, he'll keep the latern in his tomb (as in the strange man must still guess that person). (TWG IX: The Latern Keeper)

Wolves know eachother (Roleflip of Hero of Hope/Andrew Jackson is done before the wolves are told what players are there partners). Humans and Independents don't know eachother.

Win Conditions:

HMS and/or Latern Keeper≥Wolves+Humans: Independents win.
Wolves≥Independents+Humans (consisting of at least one human or the Messenger): Wolves win.
Wolves are dead and Independents≥Humans: Independents win.
Wolves and Independents are dead and there is at least one human alive: Humans Win.

1. Yugi
2. Blueflower999
3. TheZeldaPianist275
4. Bubbles7689
5. FSM-Reapr
6. Dude
7. gzgregory
8. spitllama
9. BlackDragonSlayer
10. shadowkirby
11. vermillionvermin
12. Waddle Bro
13. Kman96
14. Hunter of Souls
15. Wolf

Replacements:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

All role PM's have been sent. It's now night 1. Night one ends April 12th on 4:30AM AKST/5:30AM PST/6:30AM MST/7:30AM CST/8:30AM EST/1:30PM GMT/2:30PM CET/3:30PM EET/11:30PM AEST(I'm not sure which Australian time zone you are in, yugi, could you tell me?)

It was early in the evening when a Strange Man walked through the woods to his cabin. With him he carried three lanterns. Tonight was the night of the NSM TWG Role Reunion, and since the reunion would take place in his cabin, he wanted to be the first who arrived there. When the Strange Man entered his cabin, he noticed that he wasn't the first who had arrived, since there was also an armor laying on the table, and the man was sure he didn't put it there himself. The armor had a description on it which said:

ARMOR OF ACHILLES
Worn by Concerto No. 20 in D minor during TWG VI: Rise of the Olympians. This would have protected him from being wolfed during that game, but since the wolves never tried wolfing him anyway, this actually didn't do anything.

The Strange Man decided not to investigate how the armor came in his cabin and put his lanterns next to the armor. Now he just had to wait for the other roles to arrive.

It took some time before Maya Fey arrived. The Ace Attorney character looked a bit around and noticed that aside from the Strange Man no one has arrived yet.

'It surprises me that I'm not the last one that has arrived here,' Maya Fey said, 'I still had to finish the case about the murder of Liggy, and I was even afraid that the party would have already ended, when I would be finished with the case.'

'Oh, you had a case today,' the Strange Man said, 'how did it go?'

'Well, it was the strangest case I've ever experienced,' Maya Fey said, 'A lot of people died during the case because the offenders killed them to prevent them bringing up evidence. Luckily Dude and I finally figured out that Universe-X, ETFROXX and gzgregory were the offenders, before they had the chance to kill us.'

Maya Fey had just finished her sentence when both roles heard someone proclaiming: 'NSM TWG Role Reunion! 11th of April in the Strange Man's Cabin,' and soon after saying this, the Messenger entered the cabin.

'Why are you still proclaiming that while you have already arrived at my cabin?' the Strange Man asked.

'Because I had nothing better to do,' the Messenger said, 'also, I had to make up for my original game, TWG XIX, where I never got to tell any of my team members my message, because Jub3r7 and I were completely fooled by Mashi, who claimed to be unknown, but was actually a wolf. So we decided to claim Messenger and tried to help the human team. However Mashi, knowing that we were an enemy, decided to wolf us.'

'Well, that is a good strategy, why didn't you use that strategy yourself?' another role, which had just entered, said.

'Because I'm not a traitor like you,' the Messenger said to the newcomer, 'also, although Jub and I did not manage to win our game, you didn't win yours either.'

'Hey now,' the traitor said, 'You know as well as I that TWG XXIV is known as the game with the worst luck for the wolf team, so if luck would have been on our side we would have won the game.'

'Don't try to fool me, traitor,' Maya Fey said, 'the traitor from TWG XXIV would gain seering powers after night 3, but you won't gain seering powers in a lifetime. You're the traitor from TWG XXII, who was lynched during day 2, and you've painted yourself orange to look as if you are the traitor from TWG XXIV.'

'How did you know that?' the traitor asked, shocked.

'Because I've read TWG XXII in case I ever had to do a case about the death of TWG on NSM due to inactivity,' Maya Fey responded.

'WELL, THE FACT THAT IT DIDN'T DIE SHORTLY AFTER TWG XXII IS ALL THANKS TO MY ORIGINAL GAME,' shouted the Brutal Human who had just entered the cabin in a rather noisy way, 'AND YOU, TRAITOR, NEVER TRY TO IMMITATE ANY CHARACTER FROM MY GAME EVER AGAIN!'

'A little bit more silent please,' the Strange Man said, 'I might be old, but I'm not yet deaf, and I'd rather not have you make me deaf.

'Plus you don't have to be so arrogant about your game,' Maya Fey said, 'Sure you won the game, but if shadowkirby hadn't guarded you, you would have been killed and you would have been unable to set up an alliance.'

'SUPERFIREKIRBY IS A STRONG TWG PLAYER ON NSM, SO THE CHANCE THAT HE WOULD BE GUARDED AND WOLFED WAS QUITE BIG' responded the Brutal Human.

'Actually, the chance that a random human is guarded and wolfed during the same night in an eleven-player game is 1/100,' the Scientist, who had just entered the cabin, said, 'and judging from shadowkirby's and vermilionvermin's PM's, their seer and wolf targets were quite random.'

'Wait, did you actually read all the PM's sent during TWG XXIV?,' the Strange Man asked surprised, 'do you have enough time for that?

'Well, Mashi was watching lost during TWG XXVIII, and I had to do something in the meantime, so I just checked all the messages he received during his earlier TWG's on NSM,' the Scientist said.

'I see you've done your math lessons well.' Mr. Mutou, who just entered the cabin, said, 'as opposed to you, Brutal Human, I think I'm going to expel you.'

'Hey now,' the Strange Man said, 'It's my party, and I decides who stays here, not you.'

'Plus, you've already expelled enough roles during TWG XXX,' Maya Fey said.

'True, and that was all thanks to davy, who was stupid enough to trust Kman96 and me, even though we claimed traitor,' Mr. Mutou responded.

The Brutal Human objected that davy wasn't that stupid, since he prevented the Hunter's death during TWG XXIV, and the Traitor was angry at Mutou for faking his role, albeit in another game, and they nearly started fighting when the Hero of Hope Entered.

'And here I was with high hopes that we would have a fun reunion,' the Hero said, 'I was even going to use my letters that I still had from TWG XXXI that Dude never used, to write you messages of hope.'

'Are you using letters to deliver your messages?' the Messenger said, 'why didn't I think of that. It's much easier than the word of mouth.'

'But if Dude never used those letters, what did he do during TWG XXXI?' the Strange Man asked.

'Well, he voted once, and he was wolfed during night 3,' the Hero said, 'it was quite an interesting game, actually. First, the reviver was lynched, preventing the humans of reviving any fallen humans, then during day 2, there was a KitB between a wolf and a human thanks to another human role whose vote counted for 2. The wolf ended up dying in the KitB, but it caused players to become suspicious of that other human. Then during day 3, there was another KitB between the human whose vote counted for two and another human, which caused the other human to be lynched. And finally, there was a KitB during day 4 between two other human roles, with one of them being the vigi. The vigi eventually died during the KitB, causing the wolves to win.'

'That's a hell lot of KitB's,' the Scientist said.

'I wish my game had that many KitB's,' Andrew Jackson, who had just entered the cabin (why do I feel like I'm repeating myself), said, 'I mean, if I can survive an attempt to kill me by Richard Lawrence, I could surely survive some KitB's and kill my opponents.'

'And what did happen during your game?' Mr. Mutou asked.

'It started with some confusion if the game was humans versus wolves or team versus team,' Jackson responded, 'And afterwards, nearly all wolves counterclaimed the same role, which could occur because they didn't know each other, and the wolf that didn't, which was davy, made the mistake of claiming to be a wolf and was therefore lynched.'

'See, I told you that davy was a fool,' Mutou said to the Brutal Human.

Another fight was about to start between Mutou and the Brutal Human, and the Hero of Hope was desperately trying to keep them from fighting when suddenly the Messenger said: 'Hey, do you guys also hear that hiss sound?'

Shortly afterwards Raiden Who Hisses entered the cabin.

'Hi guysssssssss,' he said, 'sssssorry that I'm sssssso late. I wassss ssssstill playing TWG ekssssss eksssss eksssss vee eye eye eye, and even though I wasssss never lynchchched, the wolvesssss won.'

'Okay, that's understandable,' the Strange Man said, 'but why are you hissing so much?'

'You would be hissssssing too if you had sssssssmelled that thing that issssss chasssssing me,' Raiden ressssponded responded.

The Strange Man opened his mouth to respond to Raiden asking what was chasing him, but then he, and with him everybody except for the scientist, turned pale due to a horrible smell that was coming from outside.

'Hello guys,' Skuntank said, 'I have already finished Sentry Duty, and won TWG XXXIX, so when I heard the Messenger, I decided to come here. That's okay with you guys, isn't it? Chaw-haw-haw!'

The Strange Man was going to object, but before he had the chance to the Scientist said: 'but of course Skuntank, we're more than happy if you join us here. It has been such a long time, hasn't it?'

'It sure has, Athena,' Skuntank responded to the Scientist, 'We have had such a good time in the dreamyard.'

'Oh my gosh, you're that scientist from Pokémon Black and White 2,' Andrew Jackson said, 'I love that game!'

'But that's anachronism,' Mutou protested, 'you died in 1845 and the first Pokémon game came out in 1996!'

'You died in 1845?' Magnus, who had just entered, said, 'that means you've lived for 78 years! I only lived for one natural day during TWG XL.'

'Oh, and how did that occur?' the Strange Man asked.

'Well, FSM and I fake claimed Hades,' Magnus explained, 'but no one believed us that we were fake claiming so we were lynched, and davy took advantage of that.'

'SEE DAVY ISN'T THAT BAD OF A PLAYER,' the Brutal human said.

To prevent another argument, the Hero of Hope suggested that they should wait for the next role and listen what he/she had to say.

Daisy, who was the next one to enter the cabin, unfortunately didn't know anything about davy, because he didn't play in her original game TWG XLII.

'But I can tell you how the game went,' she said, 'gzg and I were on the top of our game. We made quite a great suspicion list, and we managed to win the game.'

Then the Happy Mask Salesman entered. When he noticed Skuntank's stench he said: 'We've met with a terrible fate, haven't we?'

'Really?' Scientist Athena said, not noticing that the HMS was talking about Skuntank's stench, 'did your game went that bad?'

'That was not what I meant, but yeah, it could have gone better,' the HMS responded, 'I nearly had all the masks, but people became suspicious of me and Maestro, and then –'

Before the HMS finished his sentence, he noticed the lanterns laying on the table.

'Oh my gosh,' the HMS said, 'what a wonderful lanterns. This one was carried by askalice, this one by master gamer, this one by Concerto, and that final one wasn't used during TWG IX.'

'I thought you were a mask salesman,' the Strange Man said, 'but if you have all that knowledge, you should have told me that during TWG IX, because Jake and I were getting nowhere with the guesses.'

'Hey, can someone help me out here?' a voice said from outside the cabin.

The fourteen roles went outside and saw the Totem Guy trying to get his totem pole inside the cabin. However, it was too large, so it wouldn't fit through the door, unless someone would help him turn it horizontally.

'Oh my gosh, a totem pole!' the Messenger exclaimed, 'that's even cooler than letters!'

'Well, it would have been cool if it had been used in TWG L,' the Totem Guy said, 'but davy found me and Mashi out during day 2, before we had posted any totems.'

'Ah, I see you've all gathered here,' another voice said.

The fifteen roles turned their heads and saw davy, along with fifteen other NSM TWG players. These were Yugi, Blueflower, TZP, Bubbles, FSM, Dude, gzgregory, spit, BDS, shadowkirby, vermillionvermin, Waddle Bro, Kman, Hunter of Souls and wolf.

'What are you guys doing here,' all roles asked together, 'it's a role reunion, not a player reunion.'

'Well,' davy said, 'there's no TWG reunion without a game, and there's no game of TWG without players.' And with those words each role disappeared and had become one with a player.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Yugi

BlackDragonSlayer

Alrighty then!! Let's get this party started! :D

To begin: Would it be risky for any of the specials to claim, or do you think it might be helpful to get an alliance going early?
Additionally, we need to decide whether it would be better to go after the wolves or the independents first.

I love posting a 2:51 AM (PST)!! My brain feels so awake in an oddly sugar-rush-like-way
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

A great idea just came into my head (if anybody has any objections, please state them now... or, rather, in the morning, when you're all awake :P):
The player who has the Armor of Achilles should wait until the Day phase to claim; that way, they're not lynched, and they can pass it to another player, who claims during the Day as well... this increases the chances that the wolves may unknowingly wolf that player (meaning that nothing happens, correct??).

If we have an alliance leader (then again, I'm not entirely sure whether or not it would be smart to claim?), this will work even better, since the wolves won't be able to claim that they (one of them, rather) have the armor, if the person who previously had the armor is wolfed after he gives the armor to somebody else.

Seems like it might work??

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Yeah... no alliance leader... Mr. Mutou gets in the way of that. :-\

And with that, I'm off to bed... I'll just read the role descriptions over again so I don't miss anything.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yugi

Nice story.

Will player names be in it as well?

FSM-Reapr

I suggest that the player who has the Armor of Achilles should claim, but not tell us his role because of Mr. Mutou.

Waddle Bro

TheZeldaPianist275

^And why is that? This could be just me being narrow-minded, but I see no way that could help.

On another note, here's a cheap strategy for finding independents. Whoever has a lantern passes it around during the day, till every player's touched it. The failed passes are independents.

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on April 11, 2013, 05:56:19 AM^And why is that? This could be just me being narrow-minded, but I see no way that could help.
Because only a human would receive the Armor, making him confirmed. Also the fact that he can't be wolfed or killed by Mr. Mutou gives us a powerful alliance leader.

Greg

I think we should be careful with that plan. After all, there's a Messenger, and there's a possibility that the wolves and independents might get together at some point, so that Mutou could expel that player with the Messenger's info.

Kman96

So excited for this. I havent played in gammmmmmes!

IM BACK, BABY!
Party Hard!
[close]

TheZeldaPianist275

That doesn't confirm him. What if a new, inactive player like Wolf gets it and someone lies? Also, you cannot confirm the player who receives it's humanity.

FSM-Reapr

The Armor is sent to a random human. -___-

davy

I feel that I should clarify something about power activation.

If you want to activate a power (including wolfing) PM me, and only me (do not sent it to other players), state the power you want to activate, and bold the name of the player(s) that you are targeting, if any.

Also, I'm going to say this now, so that you won't forget it (I hope), send all messages related to this TWG to me
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game