News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

9 years of NinSheetMusic

Started by Jamaha, April 11, 2013, 05:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamaha

It's that time of the year when I realize that another year has passed from NinSheetMusic's previous anniversary. This time the actual number of years is nine. Not quite a decade but getting rather close.

As I started writing this post, it really got me thinking. Nine years. That's a heck of a long time. NinSheetMusic has been around for about 40 % of my life. For me it's also the website I've been visiting for the longest time (the fact that I own and run it might or might not have something to do with that). If only I had known what me googling for Nintendo sheet music back in 2004 would result in.

It's been fun to watch NinSheetMusic grow these past years. I won't bore you with statistics but there's been steady growth in visitors, sheets on the site and fans on Facebook. Of course as there's no profit in this so I don't really need to worry about the number of visitors. Nevertheless, it makes me glad that more and more people enjoy what we're doing. It feels good to help people play music from the games they love.

The next time I'll be writing an anniversary post like this is for the 10th anniversary. That's quite a milestone. Guess I should plan something special.. ahem, let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet.

So with that, I'd like to thank everyone who's been visiting the site, be it for a month or for nine years. These have been a fun nine years and we'll see what the future holds.

- Jamaha

K-NiGhT

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

Clanker37

9 years! Wow! That's 60% of my life. Can't wait for the full decade celebrations! :D

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

FSM-Reapr

MaestroUGC

This was neither mushy enough to be sentimental nor meticulously detailed enough to convey some wry humour. This milestone benchmark is below our glimmering standards as both a site and a forum of near-anonymous entities.

A+/piano
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Dude

Bloop

9 years is... (9/14x100) around 65% of my life. I didn't even realize NSM existed this long. Oh well.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

blueflower999

Quote from: Jamaha on April 11, 2013, 05:56:14 AMIf only I knew what googling for Nintendo sheet music back in 2004 would result in.
This.
Happy birthday, NSM!
Bulbear! Blueflower999

BlackDragonSlayer

I forget what sheet exactly I was looking for when I first found NSM (although it took some time before I actually joined :P). I think it was Castle Lololo...

EDIT: 9th reply? Oh...!!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Winter

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

TheZeldaPianist275

Happy birthday JaMaHa's sister!

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Pikminsi

Congrats! I haven't been visiting very long (I believe about half a year but I made my account recently.) Anyways, this is where I get all of my Nintendo sheet music, so thanks!