my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

The NinSheetMusic Redesign Suggestion Thread: Site features

Started by Jamaha, May 05, 2013, 03:40:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

^True, but then you'd have to go to each specific category on the side
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jamaha

Coming up.

Check out the new useless browse page:
http://www.ninsheetm.us/browse

There is a reason why I set it up that way. The reason is so that I can add more browsing options, including browsing by arranger.

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Sebastian

Dont know if Im too late or not
But here are some suggestions I have:

1. Above the popularity sign there could be a little number that stands for how many times the song was downloaded/viewed.

2. Currency Idea - As we talked about earlier, accepting/completing requests could be used as currency either for getting your own update to having Olimar or Deku (2 best arrangers) arrange the song of your pick. I think this idea would greatly help the Fulfilled request board be fuller than the Request board. That would be awesome!

3. There could be Levels of arrangers. We have Vetaran arrangers but what if we had Levels of arrangers. For example, it could go Level 1 (Beginner) Arranger, Level 2 (Intermediete) Arranger, Level 3 (Advanced) Arranger, Vetaran Arranger, and finally Updater (unless you guys think 2 updaters is enough). This would help motivate arrangers to get better. Maybe rewards could come with advancing through the ranks.

4. We could have an Ambassador. Someone who welcomes new people formally via pm. I know.....this one is a little corny  :P  Ambassador Mlf

5. Last, but not even close too least.... I think Jompa should be a Vetaran Arranger. He's helped/helps me with my arrangements and is very patient :) He also knows a lot about Music Theory and is a heck of an arranger  ;D
Hope I didnt embarass you, Jompa  8)

Maelstrom

Definitely agree on that last one. Jompa deserves that rank.

MaestroUGC

Oh sure, give it to Jompa of all people.

No I'm not bitter.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Sebastian

JDMEK5

Though I agree that Jompa should get it for sure, I think Maestro totes should too. Why? Cuz he's so awesome of course. And because why not?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Olimar12345

Well for starters, the veteran arranger program only works for those who submit music for updates. That way we can gauge the arrangers abilities/knowledge based on what they physically bring to the table. It's not just some sticker (thought, at this point in time it seems like that). But rest assured guys, these thing are being considered for all currently submitting arrangers.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

Quote from: Olimar12345 on June 18, 2014, 06:06:46 PMWell for starters, the veteran arranger program only works for those who submit music for updates. That way we can gauge the arrangers abilities/knowledge based on what they physically bring to the table. It's not just some sticker (thought, at this point in time it seems like that). But rest assured guys, these thing are being considered for all currently submitting arrangers.
Good! It did seem like just a sticker....

Zunawe

Quote from: mariolegofan on June 18, 2014, 04:03:41 PM3. There could be Levels of arrangers. We have Vetaran arrangers but what if we had Levels of arrangers. For example, it could go Level 1 (Beginner) Arranger, Level 2 (Intermediete) Arranger, Level 3 (Advanced) Arranger, Vetaran Arranger, and finally Updater (unless you guys think 2 updaters is enough). This would help motivate arrangers to get better. Maybe rewards could come with advancing through the ranks.
I think this could turn into a problem. Not that it's not a decent idea, but let's not start assigning labels to people for the sake of a title. This veteran arranger thing, while a good goal for the ambitious, is meant to get higher quality stuff onto the site faster. It's not a status. If Deku and Olimar feel too overwhelmed by updates, they have the right to share the power.

It's kinda fun to think about it as an RPG, but we probably shouldn't implement this.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

MaestroUGC

But I'm the only one around here who actually arranges (by which I mean the technical goal of this site is transcription, a direct translation to piano; versus what I do, which is reworking the original pieces into new forms).

But who am I to argue with Olimar?

Sebastian

Quote from: MaestroUGC on June 18, 2014, 06:45:47 PMBut I'm the only one around here who actually arranges (by which I mean the technical goal of this site is transcription, a direct translation to piano; versus what I do, which is reworking the original pieces into new forms).

But who am I to argue with Olimar?
Vetaran Arrangers ''transcribe"
What you do doesnt really put you on the site, but thats ok :)
You have masterful compositions :)

Quote from: Zunawe on June 18, 2014, 06:45:10 PMI think this could turn into a problem. Not that it's not a decent idea, but let's not start assigning labels to people for the sake of a title. This veteran arranger thing, while a good goal for the ambitious, is meant to get higher quality stuff onto the site faster. It's not a status. If Deku and Olimar feel too overwhelmed by updates, they have the right to share the power.

It's kinda fun to think about it as an RPG, but we probably shouldn't implement this.
you gotta good point
but Im NOT saying a Vetaran Arranger is just a title

MaestroUGC

I used to submit to the site, does that count? In fact I still have something on the site.

So there.

Sebastian

yeah, I know you have one on the site :) Im just sayin' that you'll need more experience with transcribing if your going to be a Vet. Arranger. You have the music theory and compositon down though :)