The NinSheetMusic Redesign Suggestion Thread: The Forum

Started by Jamaha, May 05, 2013, 03:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitllama

Live Feedback was a luxury. Submissions have always been limited to ~2-4. We're just reverting to what we had before for the time being.

Edit: also wrong thread..
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Sebastian

Now that we have a popularity thingy, we should have a place where it says " Most downloaded sheet/arrangment of the week" and then it would say which sheet was downloaded most this week.

Dude

Is it possible to have the topics in the forum games board not show in the latest post thing on the index? It looks...immature? I don't know that if that's the right word... But it just doesn't look professional in my opinion.

The Deku Trombonist

Bloop

If there are going to be more unofficial arrangement projects, wouldn't a Unofficial Arrangement Projects subforum be appropriate? Or just simply "Arrangement Projects" and sticky the official ones. I think they deserve their own spot.

Maelstrom

Quote from: Bloop on August 30, 2014, 04:31:48 PMIf there are going to be more unofficial arrangement projects, wouldn't a Unofficial Arrangement Projects subforum be appropriate? Or just simply "Arrangement Projects" and sticky the official ones. I think they deserve their own spot.
Yeah, but too many arrangement projects would be a pain. It would be nice to categorize the finished ones, but it may just mean random people make them.

Bloop

Maybe adding a thread to it: "IMPoRTAnT:: REaD FIrST!¡!: HOw TO StARt AN ArrANGEmENT PROJeCT?!¿!?¡"

That might attract some attention. It surely attracts my boyfriend's OCD.

Sebastian

Quote from: Bloop on August 30, 2014, 04:31:48 PMIf there are going to be more unofficial arrangement projects, wouldn't a Unofficial Arrangement Projects subforum be appropriate? Or just simply "Arrangement Projects" and sticky the official ones. I think they deserve their own spot.
I agree

Quote from: maelstrom. on August 30, 2014, 04:34:39 PMYeah, but too many arrangement projects would be a pain. It would be nice to categorize the finished ones, but it may just mean random people make them.
If they are unofficial I doubt it. Unofficial ones help motivate others to arrange and many many more sheets get done. Maybe the next project shouldn't be something I want...lol...but should be the request board. There are hundreds of requests not done just sittin in there collecting dust. We should clean out at least some of the requests....? Maybe some giant " Do 100 Request Projects" or something :p

Maelstrom

Actually, there are a few arrangement projects buried in the request board.

But I want to know why the fulfilling the requests thing died. Because no one cared, or was it too much work?

MaestroUGC

Quote from: maelstrom. on August 31, 2014, 11:24:49 AMBut I want to know why the fulfilling the requests thing died. Because no one cared, or was it too much work?

Yes.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

JDMEK5

I always found that arrangements either never got done or were really sloppy if I didn't thoroughly enjoy the song I was doing. I trust I wasn't the only case of this.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

braix

Quote from: JDMEK5 on August 31, 2014, 06:36:47 PMI always found that arrangements either never got done or were really sloppy if I didn't thoroughly enjoy the song I was doing. I trust I wasn't the only case of this.
I'm glad that this isn't just me. >-<
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Yugi

We should add a tag that changes whatever text is put under it to a random selection of wolf's posts.

I feel like this change is important, and a big step in making this forum more accessable to users.

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Sebastian

Quote from: Yugi on October 03, 2014, 04:14:47 AMWe should add a tag that changes whatever text is put under it to a random selection of wolf's posts.

I feel like this change is important, and a big step in making this forum more accessable to users.
Why?
You guys don't still think I'm wolf? ::)