News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

The NinSheetMusic Redesign Suggestion Thread: The Forum

Started by Jamaha, May 05, 2013, 03:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamaha

Quote from: Maelstrom on April 12, 2015, 03:12:11 PMOh. Missed those posts........
All I know is it was a second chance. Rember that you can easily access the forums and potentially create another account simply by deleting all cookies.

Umm, no.

AwesomeYears

Quote from: Maelstrom on April 12, 2015, 03:12:11 PMRember that you can easily access the forums and potentially create another account simply by deleting all cookies.
Especially the oatmeal ones. ;)

Sebastian

Dude

So yeah,
Quote from: Dude on June 26, 2015, 02:33:19 PMdamn i wasn't paying attention and mlf deleted his posts

can we please turn that off now i'm tired of him doing that

and also, can we add a "view post before it was edited" thing if that's possible

thank you for your time and consideration
This was a serious request.

Maelstrom

I don't think it's going to happen. I mean, it'd be nice, but I'd like to think that people delete and edit posts because they'd like to change what they said for the better. Offensive things would be removed, unnecessary post would be deleted, etc.
What would happen if it was turned off?
Arguments would go on longer, as people could not edit their posts to better and more sensitively state their opinions.
People would constantly have to deal with lousy past posts being drug up, despite the fact they may no longer agree with them.
I don't know about you, but this is not the NSM I want to be a part of. If someone deletes their post because they realized what they said was being taken the wrong way, I respect their opinion.

JDMEK5

Quote from: Maelstrom on June 29, 2015, 06:05:44 PMI don't think it's going to happen. I mean, it'd be nice, but I'd like to think that people delete and edit posts because they'd like to change what they said for the better. Offensive things would be removed, unnecessary post would be deleted, etc.
What would happen if it was turned off?
Arguments would go on longer, as people could not edit their posts to better and more sensitively state their opinions.
People would constantly have to deal with lousy past posts being drug up, despite the fact they may no longer agree with them.
I don't know about you, but this is not the NSM I want to be a part of. If someone deletes their post because they realized what they said was being taken the wrong way, I respect their opinion.
Seconded.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Olimar12345

On the other hand, people might give more thought before posting if they knew it'd be a more permanent operation.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

Quote from: Olimar12345 on June 30, 2015, 02:29:27 AMOn the other hand, people might give more thought before posting if they knew it'd be a more permanent operation.
I think you're overestimating us.

Dude

I was thinking more along the lines of how gamefaqs does it.  Like with mods answering the poster's requests to do deletes and shit if it is deemed necessary.

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Maelstrom on June 29, 2015, 06:05:44 PMIf someone deletes their post because they realized what they said was being taken the wrong way, I respect their opinion.
I disagree with this in the sense that if you're willing to say something, you should be able to stand behind it!!

Quote from: Maelstrom on June 30, 2015, 05:49:13 AMI think you're overestimating us.
Overestimating by saying people might give more thought to their posts if they knew you couldn't back out from fe. their lowkey insults?? Please, we're not all 12 here.

Dude

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Dude on June 30, 2015, 08:55:43 AMI wonder what the average age is here.
That's actually a really good question. I'd have to say around 17?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

Maelstrom

But it's the internet, so you need to subtract around 5 years to account for how badly some people act.

But has anyone really thought about how irritating this would be for the mods?
Every time someone signed up for a TWG, it would require a mod.
Every time someone wanted to add another sheet to their OP in the personal arrangements thread, it would require a mod.
Every time someone wanted to fix a broken link, it would require a mod.
The list goes on and on.

I only really see this as worsening flame wars, not making them better.
I can also see it being used to constantly bring up previous statements people couldn't take back. I don't want to singe anyone out, but I can think of a few specific scenarios that would happen quite often under this new rule. And I don't want that to happen.

K-NiGhT

Yeah, I can see why this would be wanted, but all in all it'll just make things get way too toxic. Lord knows we've had enough of that around here this year.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

Dude

Quote from: Maelstrom on June 30, 2015, 09:46:54 AMBut has anyone really thought about how irritating this would be for the mods?
Every time someone signed up for a TWG, it would require a mod. TWC are mods in that board
Every time someone wanted to add another sheet to their OP in the personal arrangements thread, it would require a mod. Should this be managed in the nsm portal? I never really looked at it but I assume you can edit there...
Every time someone wanted to fix a broken link, it would require a mod. Use the fucking preview button for once, jesus.
The list goes on and on. Do tell.
Also it wouldn't be just global mods, it'd be all nsm staff who can look at the list of posts that the original poster has flagged for deletion, but will be archived until removed by a global mod.

That way punishment will actually happen to people who post shit.

EDIT: Wait I never said they couldn't edit, just have a "Show previous edits" link.