The NinSheetMusic Redesign Suggestion Thread: The Forum

Started by Jamaha, May 05, 2013, 03:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

KefkaticFanatic

It was mostly my idea (organizationally) so you can blame me.

But it's a very basic addition that was a long time coming so y'all best not complain.  People now have a place for their orchestral arrangements if those ever get popular again :o

me irl
[close]

Tobbeh99

I got a couple of ideas for new forum features and design:
1) Make the introduction Thread on the front page of the forum (http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/). New members might have a hard time finding the introduction thread, and by doing this it'll be a lot easier for them to get into the community.
2) Allow members to make new polls.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Sebastian

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on September 13, 2015, 02:38:20 PMI got a couple of ideas for new forum features and design:
1) Make the introduction Thread on the front page of the forum (http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/). New members might have a hard time finding the introduction thread, and by doing this it'll be a lot easier for them to get into the community.
Or even on the front page of the main site. I know of 3 members off the top of my head that didn't find the forums for a while after finding the original site.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I second the idea of the intro thread being marketed broadly. I didn't see it when I made my first post, and that had to be moved to the intro thread.
Not that big of a deal but still a good idea.
what is shitpost

Dude

Quote from: Dude on June 29, 2015, 05:13:14 PMSo yeah,
Quote from: Dude on June 26, 2015, 02:33:19 PMdamn i wasn't paying attention and mlf deleted his posts
can we please turn that off now i'm tired of him doing that
thank you for your time and consideration
This was a serious request.
bringing this up again because MLF is a little bitch.

Olimar12345

This would be useful to have at least on a moderation level.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FireArrow

Wait, mods can't see edits and deleted post? That's pretty standard and something we need.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Olimar12345

Oh, I actually don't know. I'm not a global moderator.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

but I need the post deletion cause sometimes I type stuff and I post it and I read it and realize it could be taken mean out of context and delete it
unmotivated

JDMEK5

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 22, 2015, 09:36:04 PMbut I need the post deletion cause sometimes I type stuff and I post it and I read it and realize it could be taken mean out of context and delete it
^Me too.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Olimar12345

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Olimar12345

But we're talking about removing the ability to delete posts, and the ability to show a message before it was edited.

Cobraroll

What are the odds of the forum ever getting a Like system? Is there a mod for that in this kind of forum software?
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.