The NinSheetMusic Redesign Suggestion Thread: The Forum

Started by Jamaha, May 05, 2013, 03:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zunawe

Quick question concerning the new etiquette stuff. I recently necrobumped a couple of my threads that were created for the purpose of sharing things I had made. Should exceptions be made for necrobumping threads created by the bumper for a similar purpose (i.e. Personal Arrangement Threads, Art Threads, etc...)?
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

MaestroUGC

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 04, 2016, 12:12:02 PM- The double posting/necrobumping rule does not apply to your own Arrangement Thread, or other creative threads (like art, original compositions, reviews, etc.) as long as you're bumping it with a new arrangement or appropriate creative content. If you wish to comment on someone else's dead arrangement thread, just send them a PM. Try to avoid "I'm planning to do X, Y and Z" posts if you're going to necro-bump; just post the material when it's ready.
Modified to reflect those additional creative threads.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Altissimo

Quote from: Sebastian on February 04, 2016, 12:52:26 PMSkype would be the best place for it. This new "board" would easily fall under spam, imo.

well how do u know, u'd never use it anyway

anyway i sERIOUSLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND the "this is a sheet music website why do we need this shit" because i have literally been at a pokémon forum - MULTIPLE pokémon forums - and a warrior cats forum - MULTIPLE warrior cats forums - both series for children - where talking about nsfw stuff was okay in certain areas and nobody ever tried to say it wasn't appropriate because "pokémon"/"warrior cats" like... sometimes people just want to discuss shit...........

MaestroUGC

There's no reason we need "special clubs' or anything of the sort on the forums. There's nothing preventing you from talking about anything as long as it is within reason, doesn't break any rules, and marked "NSFW" if necessary. If you're worried about "not offending the kiddies", then you should be mature enough to realize that what you want to talk about may not be appropriate here in the first place.

Otherwise if you wish to have a private conversation, you can do so either through private messages or outside of the forums.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Altissimo on February 04, 2016, 02:39:31 PMwell how do u know, u'd never use it anyway

anyway i sERIOUSLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND the "this is a sheet music website why do we need this shit" because i have literally been at a pokémon forum - MULTIPLE pokémon forums - and a warrior cats forum - MULTIPLE warrior cats forums - both series for children - where talking about nsfw stuff was okay in certain areas and nobody ever tried to say it wasn't appropriate because "pokémon"/"warrior cats" like... sometimes people just want to discuss shit...........
Yay! I love the warrior books! They have forums for that? Anyway, the new rules board is really going to help this site. Nice work you guys!
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

mikey

alti has a point
I don't even care about an NSFW thing cause I wouldn't use it, but I'd love a place where I could talk about undertale's shortcomings without brainy or someone coming in saying "gib it a chnce gaem is purfitc u must h8 ppl if u dun liek gaem"
unmotivated

BrainyLucario

I've stopped doing that, Noc. Feel free to do that on the undertale topic again.

mikey

why can't we quote posts from locked topics
eg the rules
unmotivated

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

BrainyLucario

Help! It's the attack of the mastersuperfan's!!!!! I think my forum glitched out or something.
Spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BrainyLucario

Oh. Thanks! That worked! I was getting a little creeped out...Has this ever happened to anyone else?

mikey

turning it off and on again worked?  What is this.
unmotivated

BrainyLucario

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 04, 2016, 06:23:55 PMturning it off and on again worked?  What is this.
I restarted my browser not my phone. That worked