News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

Unpopular Opinions!

Started by Yugi, July 03, 2013, 08:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dude

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on February 10, 2014, 01:06:50 PMA witty one, aren't you? But seriously, saying someone shouldn't be able to watch a let's play because they can't afford a game is like saying someone shouldn't be able to watch a sporting event because they can't afford to join a club or league. It's absolutely ridiculous. It's not even something worth wasting the energy of having a stance on because it's so inconsequential, really.

"It's like saying someone shouldn't be able to watch a sporting event because they can't afford cable/internet/whatever."

~A better example of that kind of sports analogy.

Now look at how silly you sound.

SuperFireKirby

It should be the LPers paying developers for using their work since they're the only ones making money off of it(along with video hosting sites). Yes, game developers deserve money for their work, but it should be from people like PewdiePie and the Gamegrumps, who are raking in the cash and not paying royalties for it.

Some people simply don't have the money to pay for useless shit like video games, so they watch LPers. Get your head out your ass and get over it.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Dude

*is completely ignored for having better logic*

Rude.

SuperFireKirby

I was gonna say something, but I wanted to keep the post focused. My analogy was awful, yes, but I don't mind. At least I'm not cluttering my argument with ad hominem fallacies(SLOW!).

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Dude

SuperFireKirby

MaestroUGC

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on February 10, 2014, 01:32:50 PMIt should be the LPers paying developers for using their work since they're the only ones making money off of it(along with video hosting sites). Yes, game developers deserve money for their work, but it should be from people like PewdiePie and the Gamegrumps, who are raking in the cash and not paying royalties for it.

Some people simply don't have the money to pay for useless shit like video games, so they watch LPers. Get your head out your ass and get over it.
This is the primary reason why I will never monetize my LP channel nor any videos of my arrangements; simply on the grounds "I cannot take credit or profit for a product derived from another man's work."
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Ruto

But I buy secondhand games all the time so the developers aren't getting anything from that.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Dude on February 10, 2014, 11:26:19 AMWhoa! There's drama that wasn't started by me!
^_^

Quote from: Dude on February 10, 2014, 11:24:00 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Quote from: Dude on February 10, 2014, 01:27:45 PM"It's like saying someone shouldn't be able to watch a sporting event because they can't afford cable/internet/whatever."

~A better example of that kind of sports analogy.
I'd say the best analogy would be:
"It's like saying someone shouldn't be able to watch a sporting event because they can't afford tickets to the game."
Reasons being: cable/internet/whatever is only the medium in which to view the event. The event itself is comparable to the video game that is being played.

Also, I'm not sure how I feel about LPs. I think, if the person is entertaining enough (hint hint), then they're fun to watch, or if you're not even going to buy the game (or can't afford it)... but usually, I don't bother with them (I've seen a few Game Grumps episodes, some of Maestro's, and one-or-so of Chuggaaconroy's, for example).

Quote from: Ruto on February 10, 2014, 02:18:57 PMBut I buy secondhand games all the time so the developers aren't getting anything from that.
That's where the debate over whether used games should be unusable or not came from (and needless to say, people were not happy, as evidenced by the original backlash against the Xbox One).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FierceDeity

Quote from: Ruto on February 10, 2014, 02:18:57 PMBut I buy secondhand games all the time so the developers aren't getting anything from that.

While I don't oppose the buying of secondhand games entirely, I still think that the business practices of companies like Gamestop are evil.

mikey

Quote from: Dude on February 10, 2014, 01:17:44 PMomg that was sooo funny :|
Wow now I'm joining the drama snowball.  Thanks dude.
No I was just making a point not trying to be funny.
And apparently now :| means sarcasm.
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

He's just being a prick. You get used to it.

If it means anything, I thought it was funny.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Ruto

Quote from: FierceDeity on February 10, 2014, 02:33:05 PMWhile I don't oppose the buying of secondhand games entirely, I still think that the business practices of companies like Gamestop are evil.

Random people on eBay actually...Gamestop's stuff aren't even that cheap for secondhand games, but the seller would make more money selling it to me directly anyway (so we're all happy).

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Dude

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 10, 2014, 02:35:22 PMWow now I'm joining the drama snowball.  Thanks dude.
Did I ever say anything about lp's to you? No? Then shup. I'm just saying your failed attempt at being funny was bad.
Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 10, 2014, 02:39:13 PMHe's just being a prick. You get used to it.
Considering I was helping your argument a while ago, that's not a very good way to thank me.

MaestroUGC

Just one big happy family, aren't we?
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.