News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

Pokésorter

Started by Zunawe, April 23, 2013, 05:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

Quote from: Zunawe on July 30, 2013, 01:20:08 PMI'm going to assume that you use your shiny rhyhorn for a lot of battles.
^No. :P It would already be a Lv 100 Rhyperior if that were the case.

Quote from: Zunawe on July 30, 2013, 01:20:08 PMThere are, however, consumables that will reduce the number of EVs your pokemon has. Serebii has a very detailed explanation of EVs along with a list of the items that reset your EVs and give you EVs. In Gen IV, you have to EV train before reaching level 100 because you only receive the bonus after leveling up, as you stated.
So if I were to reduce EVs, would I keep the optimized statistics gained through them? Or would I lose the statistical changes too?

Quote from: Zunawe on July 30, 2013, 01:20:08 PMIn Gen V, and I would assume onward, the effect is immediate.
So the stats get updated on their own without the need to level up? Does that also mean you can still EV train something that's already at Lv 100?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Zunawe

If you were to reduce your EVs, all bonuses gained from them would be lost at the next level up. However, that means that you can put the maximum points into another stat. Say your Rhyhorn is really really slow, and even with a big boost in its speed stat wouldn't get a first turn anyway. That means that you can sacrifice a few speed points for your attack. Once you decrease your EVs, you can regain them wherever you want as long as you don't already have 255 EVs in that stat.

Lets say that you have these EVs:
HP: 28
Att: 103
Def: 255
Sp. Att: 24
Sp. Def: 78
Spd: 22

That's 510 total EVs, with these stat bonuses:
HP: 7
Att: 25
Def: 63
Sp. Att: 6
Sp. Def: 19
Spd: 5

If you remove 40 from your defense stat, you go down to a bonus of 53 for defense. However, you can now distribute the 40 into other stats, like attack for example. Your new EV count would be
HP: 28
Att: 143
Def: 215
Sp. Att: 24
Sp. Def: 78
Spd: 22

With the bonuses
HP: 7
Att: 35
Def: 53
Sp. Att: 6
Sp. Def: 19
Spd: 5

And yes, probably because they figured people pay enough attention to the mechanics of EVs, you can EV train pokemon at any level from Gen V presumably onward.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Zunawe

I've finished the simple version. It will only ask for the pokemon, its nature, its stats, and whether or not it's shiny. It will also only display the sprite and the stats. The file extension is different from the regular version, because there's no easy way to switch between the two. If you were to edit a stat in the simple version, it would seriously screw with the regular version's equations.

The link is up on the OP.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Zunawe

I haven't done anything with this in quite a while. I don't even know if a single person has downloaded it. Figured I'd update it anyway. It now supports the pokemon introduced in Gen VI, though I haven't found a complete set of sprites for the 6th generation. Everything works as far as I know, but the image displayed for Gen VI pokemon is just a question mark. If anybody finds one (or for that matter cares about this program), please link me to it.

By the way, "complete set" means a well-organized collection of at least all male non-shiny sprites of all forms of pokemon from the front with the same size and file type. I don't care if they're gifs as long as all of them are the same size and style from the same generation.

I program things

Waddle Bro

I'll try this out when I'm bored.

Zunawe

Quick bump. I've still got all this stuff available. If anybody knows of a place that has consistent still images of all pokemon in gen VI, that would be useful. Also trying to gauge interest. I'm quite proud of this program, but it's been sitting in my Dropbox folder for something like two years now. I'll probably end up putting it on Mediafire or something so I can clear up my Dropbox a bit.

Edit: Also, god dang. Almost 3 years ago now...

I program things