News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

Miyamoto's New IP

Started by DonValentino, August 29, 2013, 01:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonValentino

After playing Pikmin 3, I've grown curious on what could Miyamoto's new game be. Pikmin was his last masterpiece, but will his new game be as good as Pikmin? Could it be better than Mario himself?! Or a total disappointment (*cough*Wii Music*cough*)?

Nowadays creating something fresh and original like Pikmin back in 2001 is very very hard with all kinds of games out there.
However I know Miyamoto can do it, but I just can't wait to see what it is! Besides, almost everything Miyamoto does transforms into another of Nintendo's big franchises.

I just want to see something as new and original as Pikmin, but please, not another platform game... :P
Either way, I feel it's going to be big.

Dudeman

Quote from: DonValentino on August 29, 2013, 01:52:18 PMI just want to see something as new and original as Pikmin, but please, not another platform game... :P
You know, that made me think: what genre has Nintendo NOT tried yet? You've got your basic platformer (Mario), your puzzle-based Medieval-themed RPG (Zelda), your FPS (Metroid, although we haven't seen that in a while), your RTS (Pikmin), your turn-based strategy RPG (Fire Emblem, Pokemon, and Earthbound/Mother), your vehicle/kart racer (F-Zero/Mario Kart), and your on-rails shooter (Star Fox). Am I forgetting anything/what has Nintendo not done that they could do? Maybe (dare I say it)...horror? Although Metroid had some of that...
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

blueflower999

Nintendo has said publicly that they don't intend on producing M rated games, so if they did try the horror genre, it would probably not be anywhere near as scary as some of the stuff that Capcom or other companies spit out.

tbh I've been interested in visual novels recently. Wouldn't mind seeing Nintendo making some of those.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: blueflower999 on August 30, 2013, 11:50:52 AMNintendo has said publicly that they don't intend on producing M rated games, so if they did try the horror genre, it would probably not be anywhere near as scary as some of the stuff that Capcom or other companies spit out.

coughcougheternaldarkness

Although I guess they only published that.

Clanker37

I think Luigi's Mansion is the closest Nintendo will ever get to horror :P

I hope we get another 3D platformer. Not linear, like 3D Land, but more exploration, like 64