News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

dajwxp - I Burned The Giratina. (240916: POKEMON SUN/MOON! :D)

Started by daj, December 11, 2013, 06:54:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daj

took out the picture because not lazy.

daj's thread of happiness!
(and nerdy music/pokemon jokes that no one really gets)

originally bach's name was a bad pun. and then he burnt the giratina. frikkin dog.
whyyyyy fire fang is 10% burn

An archive! Yay!~

~

Navigation 101:

These are buttons, and you may click on them.
But, like, once you get to the archive proper. Not now.

PDFThis is the score of an arrangement.
(links to box.com)

Score + AudioThis is an awesome way to preview an arrangement.
(links to Youtube)

Live Recording    This is an arrangement that I cared enough about to practice and record.
(links to Youtube)

File DumpThis shows all the files of an arrangement project.
Either I had too many files to link to (full releases) or I didn't care enough to do individual links.
(links to box.com)

Difficulty Meter
The more lit-up bars, the more challenging the piece.

Pokemon!

~

DPPt:

Route 216 (2014/2016)
Undeniably the awesomest project I've ever done.
2014 version isn't the best.

TWO PIANOS FULL RELEASE (2016):                 

SOLO REDUCTION (2016):
   FOUR HANDS SIMPLIFIED (2016):
FOUR HANDS (2014):

~

Oreburgh City (2016):
Roark's Cranidos is frikkin OP. Headbutt at Level 14?! That's a 70 Power move!
Four Hands on-site as of 070716! ^^

FOUR HANDS (2016):    
SOLO REDUCTION (2016):       
SOLO REDUCTION (2016):
(simplified)

~

Eterna Forest (2016):
The most genius-filled track of the DPPt collection. Haunting, calm and distorted at the same time.

*note:
must be able to count
TWO PIANOS (2016):       

~

Snowpoint City (2016):
"This would make a good alarm clock ringtone." ~cashwarrior

PIANO SOLO (2016):          

~

Fight Area (2016):
You can show up on weekends to bash up your rival!

PIANO SOLO (2016):       

~

Valor Lakefront (2016):
"It's the most flat piece I've done."

Quote from: Latios212 on July 10, 2016, 08:04:29 AMbut it's in three sharps

PIANO SOLO (2016):          

~

Route 210 (Day) (2016):
Dancing in the rain and ultra-tall grass! And tough trainers. And fog. sigh.
A fantastic track that plays along in the most irritating maps throughout the Sinnoh region~

PIANO SOLO (2016):          
PIANO SOLO SIMPLIFIED (2016):     

~

Champion Cynthia (2016):
Virtuoso! Or, at least it is until you reduce a solo part to a four-hand arrangement.

FOUR HANDS (2016):          

~

Hearthome City (Night) (2016):
much chill.

PIANO SOLO (2016):          

~

Battle (Champion)! (2016):
spoiler: Cynthia gets rekt in the video.

TWO PIANOS (2016):          

~

RSE:

Littleroot Town (2016)
so much nostalgia, ahh.

PIANO SOLO (2016):       

~
BW:

Abyssal Ruins (2016)
for cashwarrior1, who is awesome.

PIANO SOLO (2016):       

~

XY:

The Dump of Arrangements (2013)
Welcome to Kalos Region, Lumiose, Parfum, Bicycle, Frost Cavern, Snowbelle, AZ! all in one key somehow, transitions provided.
Not the most accurate transcriptions (at all). Play at your own risk.

PIANO SOLO (2013):       

~

Sun/Moon:

BGM of the Japanese Gameplay Trailer! ^^ (2016)
hypehypehypehypehyyyypeee!!!!

PIANO SOLO (2016):       

...and then the other stuff.

~

(GBA) The Legend of Zelda - The Minish Cap:

Vaati's Theme (2016)

PIANO SOLO (2016):   

~

Cave of Flames (2016)

PIANO SOLO (2016):   

~

Cloud Tops (2016)
On-site as of 070716! ^^

PIANO SOLO (2016):   

~

(PC/MOB) Hearthstone - Heroes of Warcraft:

Pull Up A Chair - Main Theme

PIANO SOLO (2016):   

Waddle Bro

daj

Jompa

I can see you don't like the normal italian expression markings :P not that there is anything wrong with that - kinda funny.
There are very good!
Birdo for Smash

daj

Quote from: Jompa on December 11, 2013, 09:15:16 AMI can see you don't like the normal italian expression markings :P not that there is anything wrong with that - kinda funny.
There are very good!

Yep! It's not that I can't do the italian markings, but they're boring and kinda what we term a "pointless formality". Plus, this is game music, and is supposed to be really light hearted. Most of the time. Well, in Pokemon at least (it's so utopian, really).

Oh, and thanks for that, hehe ^^

fingerz

Hey, that's some nice work ya got there! :D I'm very impressed by the quality of your works and the humour your pour into them too! I've got just a couple of things to talk about in terms of submitting for this site (if you're gonna do that):

1. Sure, Sibelius is a good software to use (I say this 'cause I have to use it next year for Uni), but you should think of getting a Finale product. Everyone here works off the American system which is Finale, hence why everything is .MUS files. I think you can still get a free version of Finale Notepad 2012 from their official site, plus there's ways of getting their other products too... :P

2. There's formatting guidelines around here too. I'm too lazy to link it here for you so you're gonna have to find them yourself.

Other than that, excellent work! I hope to see plenty more come this way! Just don't steal the Pokemon X/Y ones I've put down on my list 'cause I AM going to be doing them. ;)
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

daj

Quote from: fingerz on December 11, 2013, 01:00:52 PMHey, that's some nice work ya got there! :D I'm very impressed by the quality of your works and the humour your pour into them too! I've got just a couple of things to talk about in terms of submitting for this site (if you're gonna do that):

1. Sure, Sibelius is a good software to use (I say this 'cause I have to use it next year for Uni), but you should think of getting a Finale product. Everyone here works off the American system which is Finale, hence why everything is .MUS files. I think you can still get a free version of Finale Notepad 2012 from their official site, plus there's ways of getting their other products too... :P

2. There's formatting guidelines around here too. I'm too lazy to link it here for you so you're gonna have to find them yourself.

Other than that, excellent work! I hope to see plenty more come this way! Just don't steal the Pokemon X/Y ones I've put down on my list 'cause I AM going to be doing them. ;)

Appreciated ^^! Also, I've taken a look at your reserved list, and yeah, sure, I won't do those. After all they're kinda insane and I can imagine how unplayable it would be sooo :p

Anyway, I'll address your points.

1. Yeah, I kinda got that at some point of time xD. I think I'll be working on a Route 217 duet (that is, the blizzard route from DPPt) for four hands, aaaand the Xerneas/Yveltal request - hey, that's two submissions already ^^. Think I'll mainly be using Sib, but it doesn't hurt learning new software~

2. And I hate it. I even had to vent on my other forum for a while xD. But nah, I'm ready to follow the rules now, don't worry~

Also, quick question - does this place mandate the use of Italian terms, such that you get an absolute musical effect, or does it allow these slightly less formal performance directions? I mean, I prefer these lassiez-faire style instructions because they leave more space for musical development - in classical, we call it "French style". But hey, anything's cool~

Olimar12345

The only thing you have to put is the tempo marking, so you're free to use any expressive text you want (within reason :J )

Also welcome to the site!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

fingerz

Quote from: dajwxp on December 11, 2013, 06:19:56 PMAlso, quick question - does this place mandate the use of Italian terms, such that you get an absolute musical effect, or does it allow these slightly less formal performance directions? I mean, I prefer these lassiez-faire style instructions because they leave more space for musical development - in classical, we call it "French style". But hey, anything's cool~

No, you shouldn't have to be stuck to using Italian terms. You should use dynamic markings, obviously, but other than that, you're allowed to put performance directions. Personally, I love seeing things like that! :D Percy Grainger (Australian composer) used to make me laugh when he wrote slacken off lots as dynamic markings. XDDD Maybe not that vague and you'll be fine. ;)
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Clanker37

Welcome! I'm sure you will enjoy your stay here! It will be nice having someone in the same timezone as me!

It's nice to see someone with a different arranging style, as well.

FierceDeity

Quote from: fingerz on December 11, 2013, 06:46:25 PMPercy Grainger (Australian composer) used to make me laugh when he wrote slacken off lots as dynamic markings. XDDD

Literally half of the reason I love Grainger right there. Stephen Melillo is even weirder though :P once I go back home for break, I'll try to find my part for Once More Unto the Breach so I can show you some of the ridiculous shit he wrote XD just to give you an idea, there's a note of encouragement running vertically on the left side of the first page, ending with "Godspeed!" So uh, yeah. Some composers can be rather interesting...

Oh, and dajw, welcome to NSM! Also, it's spelled Lumiose City :P

daj

Quote from: Clanker37 on December 11, 2013, 11:44:52 PMWelcome! I'm sure you will enjoy your stay here! It will be nice having someone in the same timezone as me!

It's nice to see someone with a different arranging style, as well.

Waaait. You're in the same timezone? Soooo Singaporean? Malaysian? Chinese? Indonesian? Anything is cool ;D!

Quote from: FierceDeity on December 12, 2013, 01:22:18 AMLiterally half of the reason I love Grainger right there. Stephen Melillo is even weirder though :P once I go back home for break, I'll try to find my part for Once More Unto the Breach so I can show you some of the ridiculous shit he wrote XD just to give you an idea, there's a note of encouragement running vertically on the left side of the first page, ending with "Godspeed!" So uh, yeah. Some composers can be rather interesting...

Oh, and dajw, welcome to NSM! Also, it's spelled Lumiose City :P

Wow, I've lived in the hole of classical music and the cave of modern music simultaneously for too long xD. Would be cool to see that, whee~

Also CRAP. I have to go open finale again and that program is so tough to use aaargh
And it's just to change one letter ;;

~

Also, added a Verdanturf Cello + Piano arrangement that I never got down to recording and a Route 216 (the snowy route in DPPt) for four hands! Both are pretty tough, especially the Route 216 - it's impossible to play in time ;D

mikey

unmotivated

daj

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 12, 2013, 05:22:34 AMI like this guy :D

Yay! I like you too! Not in a gay way, but I like you too!~

Anyway, the Route 216 is marked as "incomplete". Realised that I'm missing sixteen bars somewhere xD

Clanker37

Quote from: dajwxp on December 12, 2013, 04:00:04 AMWaaait. You're in the same timezone? Soooo Singaporean? Malaysian? Chinese? Indonesian? Anything is cool ;D!
Perth, Australia. Yes we exist. No nothing exciting happens here.

Finale takes some getting used to, but after a while it because almost second nature.