News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Chat logs

Started by KefkaticFanatic, February 22, 2008, 07:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

braix

Discipline is neccesary.
He did things, and he must recieve his punishment regardless of whether he apologizes or not. Ignoring rules also makes people that think they can get away with everything.
Just because you're sorry for burning my meat doesn't make it any less burnt. He serves his sentence and comes back it's pretty simple.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

blueflower999

Quote from: braixen1264 on August 29, 2015, 10:52:51 AMDiscipline is neccesary.
He did things, and he must recieve his punishment regardless of whether he apologizes or not. Ignoring rules also makes people that think they can get away with everything.
Just because you're sorry for burning my meat doesn't make it any less burnt. He serves his sentence and comes back it's pretty simple.
But he's banned permanently.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 29, 2015, 10:50:41 AMThat is not a precedent I am willing to set. Just because you're sorry doesn't mean your actions are excused, that isn't how the real world works. We've punished people for less and didn't give them any such consideration, so we will not give him such for being so outlandishly vile.

^^^^^^^

Doing something like he did doesn't warrant a "slap on the wrist." It's a serious, serious offense and it honestly doesn't matter if he's sorry. It's not like he made some throwaway comment once--over the period of two days, he repeatedly, graphically told someone to commit suicide, and with long stretches of time in between: meaning that even after thinking and reflecting about why his actions were wrong, he chose to do it again. Forgiving him is one thing, but he shouldn't be excused from punishment.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

braix

I read 6 months somewhere my bad.
Still, we can forgive him but that doesn't validate his actions. He did what he deserved to get banned and thats that

*sigh* fucking ninjas
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Maelstrom

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 29, 2015, 10:55:43 AMDoing something like he did doesn't warrant a "slap on the wrist." It's a serious, serious offense and it honestly doesn't matter if he's sorry. It's not like he made some throwaway comment once--over the period of two days, he repeatedly, graphically told someone to commit suicide, and with long stretches of time in between: meaning that even after thinking and reflecting about why his actions were wrong, he chose to do it again. Forgiving him is one thing, but he shouldn't be excused from punishment.
This.
If/when you have kids, just forgiving them without punishment when ever they apologize won't help them grow in the least.

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on August 29, 2015, 10:45:40 AMWell, here's my question for you Maestro.
Why are these forum rules in place? Generally speaking, I would say they're here so that everyone enjoys themselves without fear of being harassed, so that NSM remains (relatively) civil and peaceful, and ultimately so that we have general guidelines to abide by.
So, he broke the rules. He made life very unpleasant for Maya and company.
He made things uncivil. Which is better, locking him out for however long, so that when he comes back he feels angry about "I tried to apologize and make things better, they wouldn't let me", or give him a single chance to make things better?
Which is worse, locking him out and isolating the problem, or trying to let him fix the problem himself?

Ok, PDS. I definitely see your point here. And I would agree that you should let him back in if we were 100% sincere. But we aren't. For all we know, he was laughing his ass off coming up with this "sincere" apology. And secondly, this section of the forums has really gone through a lot of turmoil recently. In my opinion, we should probably let the dust settle before we even consider letting him back in. I mean, at this stage of the game, it would be like introducing a singularity to the center of our forums. And last but not least, I don't think it's your call. Honestly, I don't think the staff should agree to let him back in unless Maya is okay with it. I mean, who did this guy hurt the most? I think, basically, that the decision should work like this:

Maya: No.  Staff: No.  Verdict: Don't let him in.
Maya: Yes.  Staff: Yes.  Verdict: Let him in.
Maya: Yes.  Staff: No.  Verdict: Don't let him in.
Maya: No.  Staff: Yes.  Verdict: Don't let him in.

Maya should definitely have a say in this outcome. I don't care how sorry he is. Although based on Maestro's reply, there isn't going to be a "Yes" from the staff. And I agree with that. He has to pay for what he did.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 29, 2015, 10:49:09 AMmy 2 cents: I don't want to see him "fix the problem"

That's what I'm worried about, too. This could all be made up just to take one more shot at Maya, hoping he lands a knockout punch. I don't even know how there are such things as narcissists in this world. It's sickening.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 29, 2015, 10:55:43 AM^^^^^^^

Doing something like he did doesn't warrant a "slap on the wrist." It's a serious, serious offense and it honestly doesn't matter if he's sorry. It's not like he made some throwaway comment once--over the period of two days, he repeatedly, graphically told someone to commit suicide, and with long stretches of time in between: meaning that even after thinking and reflecting about why his actions were wrong, he chose to do it again. Forgiving him is one thing, but he shouldn't be excused from punishment.

Exactly. I don't see why we should ever let someone in again who does something that is punishable by law.

Quote from: braixen1264 on August 29, 2015, 10:57:36 AMI read 6 months somewhere my bad.
Still, we can forgive him but that doesn't validate his actions. He did what he deserved to get banned and thats that

*sigh* fucking ninjas

The 6 months was TG's ban.

EDIT: Lots and lots of ninjas. Not gonna tally them up.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Yeah, you all have swayed me pretty damn good.
Especially TMP- Maya was the one being attacked here. She should have a say in whether or not he can come back.
what is shitpost

mayastarr041

That's why I'm conflicted. I forgive him and I don't. I couldn't care less if he called me a brat. I forgive him for insulting me and telling me to kill myself. I don't care about that.

BUT he insulted my friends and parents. NO ONE, I MEAN NO ONE INSULTS MY MOM LIKE THAT. HOW DARE HE SAY THOSE THINGS. MY MOM IS NOT SATAN'S BITCH, SHE ISN'T ROTTING IN HELL, SHE DID KILL ME BECAUSE SHE THOUGHT I WAS A BRAT, MY DAD WILL NOT KILL HIMSELF. That was the last straw when he insulted my mom. He doesn't know the damn pain and suffering I've inflicted on myself, he doesn't know fucking shit. That matter, I could never ever forgive him, EVER.
He made me into this. He unleashed the explosive side of me and its hurting me bad.

But I forgive him for insulting me.
Hero of Trains is the BEST! Love you girl!

mikey

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on August 29, 2015, 11:06:39 AMYeah, you all have swayed me pretty damn good.
Especially TMP- Maya was the one being attacked here. She should have a say in whether or not he can come back.
Spoiler
[close]
unmotivated

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: mayastarr041 on August 29, 2015, 11:08:44 AM.....

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 29, 2015, 11:09:13 AM
Spoiler
[close]

In all seriousness, I think DT's fate has been settled. You shouldn't be expected to forgive him for what he did, Maya. That is just plain cruel and thoughtless, what he said.

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

mayastarr041

Karmas a fucking bitch aint it?  ;)

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: mayastarr041 on August 29, 2015, 11:16:58 AMKarmas a fucking bitch aint it?  ;)

AHEM.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 29, 2015, 11:09:13 AM
Spoiler
[close]

;D Just teasing. Anyway, I don't even know if you can call karma on this one. That guy knew what he was doing when he started saying stuff like that. He knew what the consequences would be. He just assumed that we would take his apology at face value and he could get another shot at you. Little does he know that there's no way we're gonna let that happen.

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mayastarr041

Oh come on! Im just saying the truth and its just a curse word!