Bvisness's Arrangements (Just one so far - NEW Wind Waker)

Started by bvisness, January 03, 2014, 04:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bvisness

I have just one arrangement up so far, a much more playable version of the Great Sea theme from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Great Sea
[PDF]
[MUS]
[MID]

JDMEK5

First off, welcome to NSM! We hope you enjoy it here!

As far as the sheet, I must say (completely honestly at that) that this is one of the nicest-looking first arrangements I've ever seen. Good job!

I didn't check note accuracy or anything but right off the hop I noticed some formatting things like italicized arranger and game name, capitalized title and composer, etc. And the decimal on the tempo marking is a little superfluous. Might want to think of leaving it at 144 (no decimal). But yes, definitely redo this in Finale and use it right from the beginning.
When I first arrived on the scene, Finale had no music-editing software that was free so I couldn't really do anything with the site for some time.

Having finale under your belt right from the start will save you a lot of time and headache in the future.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

fingerz

Welcome, bvisness! Good work with that arrangement! Is that really your first? :O Wow, you've got some serious skills there...

Yeah, just download the free version of Finale Notepad and you'll be on your way. :)
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

bvisness

I really have to give credit to my brother, who just figures these things out by ear. I just sat down with him and transcribed what he was playing. We make a good team! ;)

fingerz

Ahahaha! Wow, you got an invaluable brother then! You two could become an arranging duo. ;)
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Sebastian

bvisness

I finally got around to re-transcribing this first sheet in Finale Notepad, and I've updated the original post accordingly. Unfortunately, my version (Notepad 2012) is stupidly limiting in ways described in the original post. If anyone with a higher version of Finale wants to help me out and touch up the issues I mentioned that would be lovely.

Let me know if there are any other things to improve about my first sheet! I'd love to actually submit this once it meets the submission criteria.

Maelstrom

This is the thread you're looking for
Nice arrangement! Much better than my first! Keep arranging and they will just get better from here.

bvisness

Ah, thank you. I'll get this updated soon so it's ready for actual submission.

bvisness

Finally got Great Sea completely updated. The PDF and MUS files have been updated. My first arrangement is officially complete!  ;D