[ARCHIVE] Braixen's Arrangements

Started by braix, February 01, 2014, 08:36:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

braix

Quote from: dublincalif on October 29, 2015, 05:32:35 PMYou don't know how long I've been waiting for somebody to transcribe the wii shop channel theme. In fact I've tried to do it myself with no success at all. Much thanks to you!!
You're welcome! I'll actually try to fix that arrangement soon, along with all my other ones. So look forward to that :)
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

braix

Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

braix

Pokémon Gold and Silver
Snowbelle City
[MID] [MUS] [PDF] [MUSX] [Original]

I was feeling snowy this week, so I arranged Snowbelle City. There's probably errors in the chords and notes in places; I just went with my gut and put in what sounded right.

Latios212

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 09, 2015, 07:41:27 PMPokémon Gold and Silver
Snowbelle City

EEEEeeEee SOMETHING NEW

Snowbelle City is my favorite Pokémon from Gold and Silver
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeila

It should be in 6/8 with tempo marking dotted quarter = 63 (or 62, not much of a difference)

braix

Do you mean dotted half = 63?
Dotted quarter = 63 doesn't work :P

Zeila

Ah jeez, well yea it should be dotted half = 63. Since it's in 6/8 then it should be dotted quarter = 126

Sorry, it should be dotted quarter = 63 as long as you half the note values (so three quarter notes ultimately turn into 1 dotted quarter)

Altissimo

i decided to take a quick look at snowbelle city (it's one of my favorite x/y songs) and i actually noticed a few accidental issues. m. 35 should be a D# in the melody (leading tone for E minor), and then m. 36 D#-E-F(#) instead of E-flat-F-flat-G-flat
edit: oh and m. 51, should be F(#) instead of G-flat in the LH chord

I might actually take a closer look later but that's all I see for now. Nice arrangement!

braix

Quote from: Zeila on December 10, 2015, 08:28:55 PMSorry, it should be dotted quarter = 63 as long as you half the note values (so three quarter notes ultimately turn into 1 dotted quarter)
That seems like an awful lot of work. Could you explain why it's 6/8 instead of 3/4? Is it for the entire song?

Zeila

It's just the vibe I get from it. I feel that the song is supposed to be calming, majestic, and whatnot (for lack of a better description). The phrasing is kind of like what you have already, but I don't see the song being at presto. Plus, if you notate it as 6/8, you end up saving space.

I could understand why you wouldn't want to change it as it does seem like a lot of work, but you don't have to change every note one at a time. If you go to utilities (I believe) > change > note durations, you can choose 50%. If you don't like how finale rebars the music (since I don't think dynamics and stuff will move), you can uncheck that too and manually cut and paste measures over. It will still take a bit of time, but not nearly as much

And yes, it is for the whole piece. If you (or anyone else) have any disagreements then feel free to say so. Also, if the only reason you don't want to change it to 6/8 is due to the work behind it, then I can change it for you

braix

Dudeman

Here's how I determine if a piece should be 3/4 or 6/8: It's all in how you count the beats.
3/4: 1 & 2 & 3 & 1 & 2 & 3 &
6/8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

In this case, the beat counting in Snowbelle City is definitely the latter. If anyone has a good example of a 3/4 piece in X/Y to compare to, that would be a nice thing.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

braix

InsigTurtle

Quote from: Dudeman on December 13, 2015, 07:10:20 PMHere's how I determine if a piece should be 3/4 or 6/8: It's all in how you count the beats.
3/4: 1 & 2 & 3 & 1 & 2 & 3 &
6/8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

In this case, the beat counting in Snowbelle City is definitely the latter. If anyone has a good example of a 3/4 piece in X/Y to compare to, that would be a nice thing.

Compare it to Laverre City. That one has a pretty solid "1 - 2 - 3" beat.