News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

Pokemon Red/Green/Blue/Yellow Arrangements

Started by Waxyshaw, February 15, 2014, 11:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waxyshaw

I'm new to this site, but I have been arranging for a while. I'm not quite sure how this works, but I'm guessing to submit an arrangement, I put them in a dropbox folder and paste the link here. Feedback would be greatly appreciated. I hope to submit this to the site, but I am not quite sure how. Here is my arrangement for the Pokemon Red and Blue opening theme

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5a6zk7wz7h49d6w/e33iGKNkfM
The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out! - Sora

FierceDeity

Hi, welcome to NSM! If you want to submit a sheet, you can do so here (the directions for doing so are on the first post in the thread). As for this one, though, we actually have it on the site (albeit under the wrong name...I think we were gonna fix that with the Fixing the Sheets project, but we never really finished that, so meh), called Intro 1 and Intro 2. If you want to submit a replacement for it, that's fine, just make sure something's actually wrong with the original first, and you're not just adding 1 or 2 things :P

After first listening to it, your arrangement sounds pretty good! You've definitely got a strong base for transcribing/arranging. I'll look at it more later, and see if I have any criticism or not, but I can't imagine finding many problems with this. As for formatting, great job! You got almost everything right, which is a lot more than most people end up doing on their first arrangement (me included XD). A few minor things, though: you'll want to bold the song title, put the game title in italics and size 12 font, and bold "Composed by Junichi Masuda" (also I think it's probably mandatory at this point that you italicize "Arranged by Wasyshaw", too, not sure; also, not sure if you meant to mispell your name XD)

Again, though, good job, and welcome to the site!

Waxyshaw

Awesome! Thanks a ton. My hope is to compile both of the intro pieces into one, correct some issues with the notation (i.e. if it should be a Gb instead of an F# because of the chord underneath or to make it more correct for ease of reading for the instrumentalist), and add some voices from the original recording so it is more accurate. I'll make the corrections and see what they think at the submission forum. Thanks again :)
The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out! - Sora