News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Maelstrom's Arrangements - 8th Anniversary - Xeno Suprise

Started by Maelstrom, April 09, 2014, 12:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to see more arrangements of?

Fire Emblem
2 (11.1%)
Touhou
1 (5.6%)
Weird stuff
8 (44.4%)
This poll doesn't matter because maelstrom will just arrange weird stuff anyway
13 (72.2%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Jompa

It goes to Eb-minor at the end there. Those B-naturals will hopefully be turned into C-flats when you change it, because that's what they should be.
Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

Funny, I just finished Sacred Stones for the first time two days ago lol

Other than what Jompa pointed out, nice arrangement! While listening, it reminded me how easy Fomortiis was using Cormag with Vidofnir :J

Those Draco Zombies tho...

Echovar

And I thought I was the only one who's in love with this song, I'm so glad someone else likes it enough to transcribed it too   ;D

Maelstrom

Quote from: DonValentino on August 04, 2014, 07:49:55 AMFunny, I just finished Sacred Stones for the first time two days ago lol

Other than what Jompa pointed out, nice arrangement! While listening, it reminded me how easy Fomortiis was using Cormag with Vidofnir :J

Those Draco Zombies tho...
I over leveled so I beat him with Arthur (lvl 20 bishop) with Bolting (one hit killed Morva with it) and Joshua (lvl 20 swordmaster) with Audhulma. And thanks! The arrangement was surprisingly easy.
edit: made the changes.

DonValentino

Quote from: maelstrom. on August 04, 2014, 09:28:00 AMI over leveled so I beat him with Arthur (lvl 20 bishop) with Bolting (one hit killed Morva with it) and Joshua (lvl 20 swordmaster) with Audhulma. And thanks! The arrangement was surprisingly easy.
edit: made the changes.

Ah yeah Josh, he's my favorite character with Lyon and Cormag. You OHKO'd Morva? Wow, that's impressive. I always used Cormag for the bosses of the final episodes starting with Orson. I picked Ephraim's route, and now I'm lazy to replay it just to go through Eirika's btw :J

I started Radiant Dawn instead, which is a lot harder than all FEs I've played! (Awakening and Sacred Stones so far). Can't get past Ep 3, and Ep 2 cost me like 15 retries, so... It's that the characters are just so weak, they die with one hit! -_-

Maelstrom

I just didn't use Cormag enough on my second time through to use him for the final boss. :( I OHKO'd Morva b/c Bishops do triple damage to monsters, I maxed out Arthur's strength, and I got a critical hit. So, 9x normal damage.

DonValentino

I see. I also had Arthur as a Bishop at lvl 20 and Natasha, but used them to defeat regular monsters with Divine while Cormag took care of the bosses.

Maelstrom

I finally decided to finish up one of my many WIPs. I need to finish more...  :P

Bravely Default

The Visitor

[PDF] [.mus] [midi]

Original:

Sebastian

Wow!
Nice Work!
I noticed a couple things....I wouldn't say some of these are incorrect, but more preferences.
Measure 1-3: There is another voice, C-C-C-B-B-B-Bflat-Bflat-Bflat-A.
I'd put those up with the right hand like in the original :)
Also in measures 1-3 I'd put a G flat instead of a F sharp. It'd take away the natural.

Measure 3-4: Right hand is up an octave

Measure 5-7: In the left hand you have 2 Dotted Quarters. In the original it is 8th, 8th, 8th, Dotted Quarter. It's also like this in measures 10, 11, 13, 14 , 15, 18, and 19.

Measure 10-11 & 18-19: The little Guitar Echo has another note with it... you have
D Sharp-D Sharp-A-A. In addition with that it's C-C-F-F. And in 18-19, you have G Sharp-G Sharp- F-F, in addition with that its C-C-G Sharp-G Sharp.

Measure 29-31 & 33-35: The Bass is 8th-8th-8th-Dotted-Quarter. Not Dotted Half.

Measure 37-40: I'd put a crescendo through there and maybe a Forte...

Measure 39: You have in the right hand A and G. It's A, D, and G.

Measure 40: On the first beat I'd have E, A, and C. It's more accurate.
Aaaand a repeat sign :)

I think you should mess around with more articulation. Staccatos, Slurs, expressions, etc.
It really spices up the piece :)

Overall! Great Job! I actually like the music to this game :)

Maelstrom

"The Visitor" has (finally) been updated with more dynamics, articulations, and more!

Sebastian

Maelstrom

Haven't played this game yet. I know this song can be better, but I'm not quite sure how.

Radiant Historia

An Earnest Desire of Grey
[PDF] [.mus] [midi]

Original:

Sebastian

Maelstrom

Sebastian

Wow! Sweet Job, man!
I always love listening to a good 5/4 piece :)
You've improved immensely very quickly!
Only thing I noticed is in measure 24: Incorrect beaming of notes.
Here's some tips. When you have a piece with a violin playing, you usually want to try to get some slurs in there. Dont just go throwing them in random places, experiment with them. Listen to other people's songs and see what they did and even listen to a bunch of classical music. Classical music helps with slurs and articulation.
Aaaand articulation. Experiment with that also. It really helps a piece thrive not be so dull and dead.

Great Job! And keep up th good work!