News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

E3 2014

Started by DonValentino, April 12, 2014, 02:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonValentino

Oh, and how about a Pokemon game for Wii U? Or maybe Pokemon Ranger/Pinball 3DS?

There are no big Pokemon games coming as far as we know, and I wonder what's next in the Pokemon series. Maybe the awaited RS remakes? Now that I think of it, it'd be really interesting if they were done for Wii U.

MaestroUGC

I want Mario Party 10 for the Wii U.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

fingerz

Quote from: DonValentino on April 21, 2014, 10:25:08 AMThere are no big Pokemon games coming as far as we know, and I wonder what's next in the Pokemon series. Maybe the awaited RS remakes? Now that I think of it, it'd be really interesting if they were done for Wii U.
Noooooooooo, main series Pokemon is handheld ONLY. If it goes to Wii U, Pokemon is dead to me forever.  >:(
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

braix

Quote from: fingerz on April 27, 2014, 03:16:13 PMNoooooooooo, main series Pokemon is handheld ONLY. If it goes to Wii U, Pokemon is dead to me forever.  >:(
Ikr
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

FierceDeity

Quote from: fingerz on April 27, 2014, 03:16:13 PMNoooooooooo, main series Pokemon is handheld ONLY. If it goes to Wii U, Pokemon is dead to me forever.  >:(

Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad

No but, like, actually though, why wouldn't you want a game with the broader scope that a console game would allow?

SlowPokemon

Apparently Pokemon Colosseum wasn't great?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

blueflower999

We've gotten a lot of decent Pokemon games on consoles and some spinoffs that range from meh to great, but nothing really rivals the games on the handhelds.

In all honesty I think one of the reasons the Wii U is doing less than optimally is because Nintendo is pumping out too many amazing games on the 3DS and not enough on the Wii U.  :-\
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Maelstrom

To clear things up, it has been said that no actual pokemon game will come to consoles. Pokemon comes from the words pocket monster. It was created for handhelds and will stay on handhelds. However, Pokken is still a possibility.....

Echo

Quote from: FierceDeity on April 27, 2014, 05:55:58 PMYour opinion is bad and you should feel bad

No but, like, actually though, why wouldn't you want a game with the broader scope that a console game would allow?

Because Gamefreak's bad at learning to develop for new hardware in 3D. See: X/Y's framerates during battles.

But for real, main series games have a huge multiplayer aspect, which is just better suited for handhelds. With consoles, you'd be limited to online connections.

MaestroUGC

I doubt we'll see a true Pokémon game on a home console during this era of Nintendo. They have a formula that works with the handhelds, why change it?

Plus it's a lot harder to develop a game for a console than it is a handheld. Especially for a game developer that has no experience working on a modern console.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

fingerz

Quote from: FierceDeity on April 27, 2014, 05:55:58 PMYour opinion is bad and you should feel bad
No, not really. They've still got to prove that they can even make a Pokemon game in 3D. :P
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

KefkaticFanatic

Colosseum was notttttt very good.  Try playing it again and you will cringe at how painfully dated it is.

and EDGY

me irl
[close]

K-NiGhT

D: i personally loved colosseum. sure, it had it's problems, but that STORY. It was so new and different and dark and squeeal
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Bubbles

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 27, 2014, 10:04:44 PMD: i personally loved colosseum. sure, it had it's problems, but that STORY. It was so new and different and dark and squeeal

SlowPokemon

IDK, I enjoyed it. The soundtrack was completely different from any Pokémon music we had heard up to then (it's actually very similar to the new X and Y games) and it was a Pokémon game on my TV! So yeah, I'd say it was pretty great. :)

I don't need to play it again, I know exactly what it looks like lmao.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.