News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Korados' New Arrangements

Started by Korados, September 05, 2014, 06:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Quote from: DonValentino on September 06, 2014, 01:43:57 PMWhat? Are you the only one who can use it? :/

Just suspicious. You were using it an awful lot there...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

DonValentino

Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 06, 2014, 01:58:34 PMJust suspicious. You were using it an awful lot there...

It's quicker to write. I also like to use c: sometimes.

Korados

Oh... Sorry for that. Enharmonic equivalent... It's funny that it's called "Enharmonische Verwechselung" on German because Verwechselung can mean both "switch" or "confusion"... :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/81yhvb8ypty75c5/Submerged%20Castle4.mus?dl=0

What do you think about the piece now? Would you say it's almost ready to submit?

Olimar12345

Quote from: DonValentino on September 06, 2014, 02:16:08 PMIt's quicker to write. I also like to use c: sometimes.

Ah, okay. I just brought it up because it almost seemed like you were insinuating something about my history of overusing that d:

Anyway, here's how mine turned out:

[GCN] - Pikmin 2
-Submerged Castle [MUS] [Midi] [PDF]

Those voices aren't always singing a definite pitch (they tend to be on the flat side of things), so I did the best I could to translate it to piano.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

DonValentino

Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 06, 2014, 10:27:08 PMAh, okay. I just brought it up because it almost seemed like you were insinuating something about my history of overusing that d:

No, I never do that to anyone c:

Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 06, 2014, 10:27:08 PMThose voices aren't always singing a definite pitch (they tend to be on the flat side of things), so I did the best I could to translate it to piano.

Yeah, let's say it's not the best song to arrange for piano. ^^''

Korados

It definitely isn't easy to transcribe. Olimar, your try seems to be so... consonant. The it's great but I think the pitch in the right hand isn't correct.

The main melody sound a bit like it's played by an Ondes Martenot. Do you know this instrument?

Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 06, 2014, 10:27:08 PMThose voices aren't always singing a definite pitch (they tend to be on the flat side of things), so I did the best I could to translate it to piano.

Just for the fun, but I think it's hardly hearable on piano: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7a4b7foqrhhehfh/Submerged%20Castle%20-%20Korados%20Flatter.mus?dl=0

Olimar12345

Quote from: Korados on September 07, 2014, 07:13:30 AMI think the pitch in the right hand isn't correct.

I urge you to slow it down or listen to it using different headphones if you have trouble hearing the pitches. There is definitely a C and G in that chord.

Korados

Are you sure? I'm confused, I really think that I heard the chord correctly. I slowed it down but it sounds the same to me.

Olimar12345

Positive. E - G - C. Clear as day.