The Next Official Arrangement Project

Started by Olimar12345, September 12, 2014, 06:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

Quote from: Olimar12345 on April 29, 2015, 06:54:17 AMR.I.P. in peace Dragon Quest IX Project.

Just as a reminder though (and back to the whole "convo-starting-to-repeat-itself" bit) this topic is for an OFFICIAL arrangement project.
Still, we decided on the next replacement project before the current one finished.

MaestroUGC

That's probably because replacements are easier to do, since you're mostly just fixing existing sheets. This is for essentially arranging an entire OST (or more) from scratch.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Kecleon

for a nomination I would want to do Sonic the Hedgehog: 2006
That'll Be Quite The Item You Have!

Olimar12345

Quote from: Maelstrom on April 29, 2015, 07:21:37 AMStill, we decided on the next replacement project before the current one finished.

This.

Quote from: MaestroUGC on April 29, 2015, 07:23:19 AMThat's probably because replacements are easier to do, since you're mostly just fixing existing sheets. This is for essentially arranging an entire OST (or more) from scratch.

But tbh, I didn't like that either. Making these decisions too quickly can lead to less or loss of interest. Ideally, I think we should start the poll right after we finish a project.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

JDMEK5

Quote from: Maelstrom on April 29, 2015, 07:21:37 AMStill, we decided on the next replacement project before the current one finished.
Quote from: Olimar12345 on April 29, 2015, 08:04:29 AMThis.
I thought we were discussing an arrangement project, not a replacement project.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on April 29, 2015, 08:04:29 AMIdeally, I think we should start the poll right after we finish a project.
Sure. Sounds good.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Maelstrom

On last thing before we let this topic set. We need to make sure there is (at least) one updater who can and will commit to reviewing the sheets. I think, out of all the updaters, Deku was the most interested in Paper Mario music, but he has also been the most busy recently. And it's hard for someone who's not that interested in a soundtrack to go through and check every single piece. So, to avoid the limbo the current arrangement project has been in for so long, the final choice needs an updater's approval and their commitment to it.

The Deku Trombonist

Sorry about that, I'll get back to it as soon as I'm done with the replacing sheets project. Trying to chew through over 80 sheets isn't as quick as I might've hoped.

Maelstrom

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on April 30, 2015, 09:04:39 AMSorry about that, I'll get back to it as soon as I'm done with the replacing sheets project. Trying to chew through over 80 sheets isn't as quick as I might've hoped.
Not trying to bother/guilt you or anything. I know it takes a ton of time and you have a lot of stuff irl.

Olimar12345

Perhaps we need to combine the replacing and fixing projects, being that they have a similar goal.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

The Deku Trombonist

What do you mean? I thought they were basically the same thing.

Olimar12345

Well, I mean only have one. Combine their efforts.

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on April 30, 2015, 06:37:12 PMWhat do you mean? I thought they were basically the same thing.

I guess picking a game: replacing the sheets that needs to be replaced as well as adding new arrangements.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Maelstrom

No, not an arrangement project and fixing project.
A replacing AND fixing project.

Sebastian

I say we scrap the fixing projects idea (after the current one is done of course)
And replace that with the replacement project.