The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Discussion

Started by DonValentino, September 18, 2014, 11:25:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

...huh. Ok, interesting. I'll keep this idea in mind.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

the Korok are literally the only thing we've seen so far tying it to the flooded timeline.  Like the first article (I think, I've been doing a lot of research) said, the korok don't necessarily HAVE to be tied to Wind Waker.  (Real world talk, I bet they're in there even though they don't make sense just because Aonuma loves them.)
So let's examine the Korok.  Why are they Korok?  They evolved from the Kokiri to better suit the flooded environment.  IE, they can fly and hide.  It doesn't necessarily have to be the case that there was a flood.  I'm not saying that we should ignore the Korok, I'm saying we should set them aside because evidence for other timelines is stronger.  The logistics of a flood doesn't really work with the info we're working with (I know, I already said this is a bad point).  But in the end I think it's most likely that (again, ignoring logic), they're just in there because they're fun.  They also fit the environment pretty well...  Perhaps they evolved :^)

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on June 18, 2016, 07:29:46 PMIn that timeline, we see what happens to them in Wind Waker, but in this timeline, we see where they'd be if the events in Wind Waker onward never happened.

actually, in Wind Waker it's said they're a direct result of what happens to Hyrule.  Presumably if WW happened they'd still be Kokiri, but the Kokiri don't really show up anywhere else outside of OoT.
unmotivated

Nebbles

Plus, the whole "The Calamity Ganon" idea makes good sense too if it's the fallen timeline. Ganon being such a terrifying presence... the ruin of Hyrule... it makes sense, actually. Returning to that timeline would be neat, too!

mikey

Quote from: Bubbles on June 18, 2016, 07:16:23 PM@Noc my quote about link never waking up was meant to be if BotW Link never woke up from his shrine, not OOT from his. So Wind Waker references the OOT legend because the BotW legend simply never happened
I know, but you still got me thinking :P

Quote from: Nebbles on June 18, 2016, 07:41:51 PMPlus, the whole "The Calamity Ganon" idea makes good sense too if it's the fallen timeline. Ganon being such a terrifying presence... the ruin of Hyrule... it makes sense, actually. Returning to that timeline would be neat, too!
aaaaaaaactually the last 2 games have been from that timeline :X
unmotivated

Nebbles

....right, omfg, my bad.

mikey

I know what you mean, though.  Returning to the timeline portion of the FIRST TWO ZELDA GAMES EVER
unmotivated

Nebbles

Also, I really wanna see what Zelda looks like in this game... I wanna see her design and if it's cosplay worthy.

mikey

I'm guessing like this:

:P

oh but older
and probably hot like link, potentially more hair?
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on June 18, 2016, 06:51:55 PMhttp://www.geek.com/games/we-figured-out-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wilds-place-in-the-zelda-timeline-1658663/

this guy got to the same conclusion as me, if that makes my speculation more credible
QuoteThe kingdom of Hyrule fell into disarray in the ages after that and Ganon returned, and another Link had to defeat him with the shattered Triforce of Courage (the original The Legend of Zelda).
QuoteTriforce of Courage (the original The Legend of Zelda)
ok

The Zelda Universe article also seems to insist that the game, if it took place after Spirit Tracks, would have to occur in New Hyrule, which is kind of a strange assumption and somewhat contradictory to what we've seen so far, IMO (the old Hyrule becoming unsealed might have something to do with why Ganon is in his new form as well?). There's also the fact that the Master Sword doesn't appear in either the original Legend of Zelda or Zelda II (they could retcon that, though).

Also, this article suggests a few more connections to Wind Waker:
Spoiler

Suggestion that this area might have been covered in water? Old man who looks like he could be a king of Hyrule (that was my first thought as well)? Or could this all be some giant misdirection due to lack of details except for a few major ones that stand out?
[close]
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Maelstrom

Quote from: Dudeman on June 18, 2016, 06:16:38 PMNaw, they've confirmed that there are towns/cities out there naturally; it's where you trade stuff to get rupees to spend on other stuff. Besides, the world is almost as large as Xenoblade Chronicles X's. Making a world that big completely unpopulated would be, well, really really boring.
It might be interesting to note that 100 of Monolith Soft's staff worked on the game.

mikey

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on June 18, 2016, 08:22:34 PMok

The Zelda Universe article also seems to insist that the game, if it took place after Spirit Tracks, would have to occur in New Hyrule, which is kind of a strange assumption and somewhat contradictory to what we've seen so far, IMO (the old Hyrule becoming unsealed might have something to do with why Ganon is in his new form as well?). There's also the fact that the Master Sword doesn't appear in either the original Legend of Zelda or Zelda II (they could retcon that, though).

Also, this article suggests a few more connections to Wind Waker:
Spoiler

Suggestion that this area might have been covered in water? Old man who looks like he could be a king of Hyrule (that was my first thought as well)? Or could this all be some giant misdirection due to lack of details except for a few major ones that stand out?
[close]
lol, I like how that article also has a picture of the Master Sword in THE SACRED GROVE.  Thank you for proving the fallen timeline right and the WW timeline wrong (the WW timeline places the Master Sword in Hyrule Castle)
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on June 18, 2016, 08:33:15 PMlol, I like how that article also has a picture of the Master Sword in THE SACRED GROVE.  Thank you for proving the fallen timeline right and the WW timeline wrong
But the Sacred Grove is the Temple of Time (which already appears in the game), isn't it? Regardless, the location doesn't even need to be the same place- and the temple could have been rebuilt.

Quote(the WW timeline places the Master Sword in Hyrule Castle)
It likely would have moved if the game does indeed take place a long time in the future.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

All I'm saying is, there's a lot more, STRONGER, evidence for a fallen timeline placement.  Where are the Sheikah in the flooded timeline?  They (and Impa) are definitely more prevalent in the fallen timeline as well.
unmotivated

cashwarrior1

Would if there was one big event far in the future and right before BotW that actually brings all the timelines together and this game is not apart of any separate timeline?

Olimar12345

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on June 19, 2016, 05:25:40 AMWould if there was one big event far in the future and right before BotW that actually brings all the timelines together and this game is not apart of any separate timeline?

*What if
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!