News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Discussion

Started by DonValentino, September 18, 2014, 11:25:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cashwarrior1

mikey

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on June 19, 2016, 05:25:40 AMWould if there was one big event far in the future and right before BotW that actually brings all the timelines together and this game is not apart of any separate timeline?
at this point it's almost impossible to reconcile the timelines
unmotivated

DS

cashwarrior1

Sorry, I didn't mean to..

BlackDragonSlayer

After listening to the trailer theme again, I decided that I really love the little "blip" partway through the song; it creates a sense that, despite the vast beauty of the land around you, conveyed very expressively through the music, something is still wrong with the world.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

unmotivated

Sebastian

DS

Oh hey wouldya lookat that 0_o

Interestingly though, Mariovehrer also put out my Trailer Theme piano cover a while before this (with a conspicuous thumbnail with the LOZ BOTW logo on it), strange that ZI only noticed this derpy song. Guess I can't complain tho :P

DocDoom2

I'm surprised this topic hasn't been posted in for a long time!
I just got BotW for my Wii U and started my "No Game Over Run" of it (I know, good luck with that xD).
Anyways, needless to say, got my first game over in the first half hour!
Darn those towers...

Also, without spoilers (in other words, without mentioning the story), does anyone know if there's any idea where this game falls in the timeline?
I've been dying to know!

Good luck to everyone else playing!
Please note I use Musescore and transfer it into Finale Notepad, so formatting may be messed up and help would be appreciated.

mikey

unmotivated

Dudeman

I've heard rumors that it's at the end of the Child timeline, but since I don't have the game yet, I'm staying well clear of any investigation.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

that rumor stems from a single line zelda says in a flashback
Spoiler
referencing the twilight
[close]
but since ganondorf isn't really involved heavily in the child timeline I'm loathe to say it could fit there, especially since BotW mentions ganon being reincarnated multiple times already.
unmotivated

Dudeman

What's your reasoning for BotW being non-canon? I highly doubt Nintendo would decide that such a significant game with such a big story to it wouldn't fall on their officially-sanctioned timeline. They want to appease the fans.

mikey

BECAUSE IT DOESN'T FIT
Spoiler
10,000 YEARS AGO WE BATTLED GANON AND MADE ALL THESE STATUES
so it at least has to happen 10,000 years after any of the games...
[close]
unmotivated