[DELETED] [GBC] Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal - "Battle! Champion Lance/Red" by Meloetta

Started by Zeta, October 19, 2014, 04:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal
Console: Game Boy Color
Title: Battle! Champion Lance/Red
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Meloetta

Bespinben

Oooh goodie! A classic song. Done by a very talented arranger, from what I can see.
However, there is already a decently good transcription on the site already, and while your sheet excels as an arrangement - well, that's just it. It's an arrangement.
That said, I'm entirely guilty of the same. I honestly have no idea how I got away with getting my "I Don't Want to Say Goodbye" from PMD2 onto the site when it was a completely free-style arrangement, but I guess that's easier to pull off when there isn't already a sheet of the song on the site.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

SlowPokemon

This arrangement is all right, I guess, and I don't mean to discourage you, but it's rather inaccurate (not to mention not even in the correct key) and the one on the site is a far better version. I commend your production of this arrangement, but we do have a better arrangement on the site. Also, this should have been submitted as a replacement.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Meloetta

Quote from: Bespinben on October 28, 2014, 10:31:33 AMOooh goodie! A classic song. Done by a very talented arranger, from what I can see.
However, there is already a decently good transcription on the site already, and while your sheet excels as an arrangement - well, that's just it. It's an arrangement.
That said, I'm entirely guilty of the same. I honestly have no idea how I got away with getting my "I Don't Want to Say Goodbye" from PMD2 onto the site when it was a completely free-style arrangement, but I guess that's easier to pull off when there isn't already a sheet of the song on the site.

I'm not a talented arranger... I'm a band geek with no life, lol...

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 28, 2014, 10:41:19 AMThis arrangement is all right, I guess, and I don't mean to discourage you, but it's rather inaccurate (not to mention not even in the correct key) and the one on the site is a far better version. I commend your production of this arrangement, but we do have a better arrangement on the site. Also, this should have been submitted as a replacement.

Click Here, and see pg. 8. I arranged it in a way so I can add my own flare on things... So in it's own right, I believe it's accurate because it took on a new shape than what you are used to hearing from the original track.

This piano solo is based on my orchestral arrangement of the work (which can also be found on the forum). My orchestral version took on a film score style, so I kept that and brought it over to my piano arrangement... and I kept the same key too because it's a managable key for intermediate players. Is there a rule where it says that I must use the original key it's in? And unlike the original track, this one does have an ending  :) Again, my take on creating something new from something old  :P So honestly, I don't know what you mean by inaccurate since it still uses the most important parts of each section and a different style, and still be recognized as the battle theme you come to know and love. If anything, my arrangement is just technically demanding.

And as for a submission as a replacement, forgive my newbie-ness as I am still new to the forums/submission process >.>

Edit: I just saw the posted arrangement. And while the one posted is close to the original track, I don't see either one as better than the other because in it's own right, they are all the same.... Just two different versions, and just music... But that's just me :)
-Meloetta (ASCAP)
Composer, Arranger, and Orchestrator
...and lover of Arizona Green Tea :p

SlowPokemon

Ah well there's nothing exactly wrong about what you just said, but when we say "arrangement" on this site we generally refer to a "transcription," meaning that our sheet music on the site is as close as possible to the original track. Yours is a good arrangement though and I hope that doesn't deter you from creating more like it :O

Meloetta

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 28, 2014, 09:06:34 PMAh well there's nothing exactly wrong about what you just said, but when we say "arrangement" on this site we generally refer to a "transcription," meaning that our sheet music on the site is as close as possible to the original track. Yours is a good arrangement though and I hope that doesn't deter you from creating more like it :O

Why don't it just say "Transcriptions and Submissions" then? lol jk. I see now. I'll change my perspective just for this site then.
-Meloetta (ASCAP)
Composer, Arranger, and Orchestrator
...and lover of Arizona Green Tea :p

SlowPokemon

Olimar12345

We're referring to them being more than just transcribed, but arranged specifically for piano.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!