News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

ThatGamer's Arrangements NEW!!! FE:RD: Eternal Bond (August 23rd, 12:48PM)

Started by ThatGamer, December 17, 2014, 09:30:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Quote from: maelstrom. on December 18, 2014, 01:11:40 PMI beg to differ. Feedback is the #1 best way for a new arranger to learn quickly.

+5 to maelstrom
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

Quote from: maelstrom. on December 18, 2014, 01:25:52 PMA bombchu is from Ocarina of Time and Majora's mask And Phantom Hourglass
Bolero is the musical term And from Ocarina of Time
Nintendo Nocturne is the highest, requiring 2000 posts. Prove it
WAIT OH MY GOSH GUYS I'M A NINTENDO NOCTURNE NOW
YAY
THROW A PARTY
unmotivated

ThatGamer

Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Olimar12345

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 18, 2014, 08:47:03 PMWAIT OH MY GOSH GUYS I'M A NINTENDO NOCTURNE NOW
YAY
THROW A PARTY

omg, wasn't that your goal in the beginning? xD
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

unmotivated

Sebastian

Quote from: maelstrom. on December 18, 2014, 01:11:40 PMI beg to differ. Feedback is the #1 best way for a new arranger to learn quickly.
I so agree! It got me to where I am today :)

ThatGamer

Quote from: mariolegofan on December 19, 2014, 07:29:35 AMI so agree! It got me to where I am today :)

Ok, I'll get it to work!
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

ThatGamer

JDMEK5

There's a handful of simple formatting issues:

Formatting:
-Copyright: Double check that it's sized right and looks nice at the bottom of the sheet there.
-The game name is not "Super Smash Bros. 4". It's "Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/WiiU".
-Uhhh, your tempo marking?..
-Your name as arranger needs italicization
-I'm not sure if you can do it with your finale version but "Pno." in each line after the first needs to go bye-bye.
-Your music spacing is kinda funny but if you're using Notepad then there's nothing you can do about that so don't worry about it.

Rhythmic Groupings
-Measure 1; Right Hand: Those rests are too superfluous. Simplify it down.
-Measures 1-10, 21, 23-26; Left Hand: The quarter rests here don't work. You'll need two eighth rests instead. You got this right in measure 22 so copy off that.
-#lotsofmeasuresinrighthandprimarily: I can't go any further without addressing this. Why all the 32nd rests? It honestly looks like an imported MIDI which isn't supposed to be the case. For example in measure 16 you have a dotted 16th note with a 32nd rest when it really should just be an eighth note. So please fix those.
-Measures 6-7, 10, 22-23, 26; Right Hand: Rests, rests, rests. Um, clean this up. I don't think I need to explain further. This ties in to the last mentioned problem as well.
-Measure 12; Both Hands: Your dotted eighth note technically needs to be an eighth tied to a 16th. But for what it's worth I would just leave it as an eighth note. You also lack sufficient rests in the left hand. In the right hand of the second half of the measure your timing is really funny as well. Look into that and fix it.

I haven't checked anything to the original so I addressed no note accuracies, harmonies, and timings. All I went over here is formatting.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

ThatGamer

Ok, one thing though; arranger name doesn't need italization, I read the formatting guide.

TheZeldaPianist275

Friend, generally speaking, you should listen to the people who've been doing this for years, especially when you've only been doing it for a few days.  G-Han's guide doesn't say to, you're right, but it's standard procedure regardless.  Check all the recently submitted sheets if you don't believe me.

ThatGamer

Olimar12345

Quote from: ThatGamer on December 23, 2014, 10:17:00 AMOk, one thing though; arranger name doesn't need italization, I read the formatting guide.

It actually does say that.

Quote from: G-Han on April 28, 2008, 05:26:18 AM(4) Arranger: Times New Roman, Size 12, Italic, Right Aligned

ThatGamer

So...can you look at my MUS of Pirahma Creeper Creek? It's done! I added Bloops edited version!

ThatGamer

(Bump!) Whatever happened to my arrangements?...