Latios212's Arrangements - NEW! Pokémon X/Y, Atelier Sophie (3/9/24)

Started by Latios212, January 21, 2015, 06:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

There's something really cool coming up this Sunday~

But before then, enjoy this really awesome cover of "Hau'oli City (Night)" that I found! My sheet is difficult, but he pulled it off very well.

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Onionleaf

Wow, that's a fantastic cover! I especially love how 'chill' he looks while manoeuvring through all those difficult passages. 8)

Latios212

Part 3 of "arrange the Fire Emblem main theme"

Dun dun dun! I don't often arrange something so long or heavily orchestrated, but this one undoubtedly turned out to be one of my best sheets, so please enjoy~

(Still in the process of making minor tweaks, but yeah).

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
NEW!   Fire Emblem Theme[MUS][Original]  One of my best sheets, for sure!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

New replacement for today. A bit simplistic, but the other layers are really unsuited for piano in a lot of places. I think it sounds alright, though. If nothing else it's easier to play.

Mario Kart: Super Circuit
NEW!   Sky Garden[MUS][Original] 

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

DonValentino

Booooooring! Sorry Lat, just as I praise other arrangements of yours, I don't approve of this one. Sure, it's a great transcription, everything is impolutely copied from the song, but as an arrangement it's just lackluster at best, taking into consideration all the rich material from the song of course.

You know what's the problem? I see it and I don't want to play it. It doesn't look fun in the slightest. What's with the boring bass?? Double it to an octave at the very least! And no more layers? Nonsense I tell you! It's your duty as an arranger to make a song work for the instrument you arrange for!

Now this is something else! Take it as an example, a draft of what it could be. Then in the second and third sections you can change the texture to add more things and musical ideas.

But c'mon Lat, I know you can do better! What are you afraid of? Use your imagination! Make it interesting! Make it shine so it's not just another "arrangement" anyone else could do, but something YOU did with YOUR ideas and YOUR musical taste and style!

Things like this bored me to the point of quitting. I also worship Bespin for a reason, y'know?

Well that's it I think haha Here's the MUSX file so you can see how it sounds and hopefully motivates your inspiration. I also purposedly stopped abruptly so you can really compare the difference. C'mon, give me another Hau'Oli ;)

Sky Gardon

And yes, that's a pun. You're welcome.

Latios212

Aw man why didn't you comment on the one before this

Hey Don! Bahaha sorry for offending you. Sometimes I post things here before I really finish thinking about what to do with them... Especially this one, I was pretty distracted while making this one, haha.

But excuses aside, you're totally right xD Occasionally I tire myself out arranging and lose track of that spark, that inspiration... Thanks for the slap in the face! I'm out right now but I'll check it out soon :P

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

DonValentino

Quote from: Latios212 on February 21, 2017, 07:31:51 AMAw man why didn't you comment on the one before this

If I didn't it's because it's great, worry not hehe

Latios212

Donkey Kong Country
NEW!   DK Island Swing[MUS][Original]  With Maelstrom.

This needs a replacement really badly. I was feeling lazy since this song is long. Then Maelstrom said "if you do half I'll do the other half" and, well, here it is.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Maelstrom

Sebastian

Latios212

Those of you who have been around long enough know that I should have done this AGES ago...

Pokémon HeartGold Version & Pokémon SoulSilver Version
NEW!   Spiky-Eared Pichu Appears![MUS][Original] 

I've also added Outset Island from Wind Waker, and am hoping to get a Breath of the Wild sheet finished for next week (provided I can stop playing the game long enough to finish it lol).

Quote from: Sebastian on February 26, 2017, 10:47:56 AMBeautiful arrangement, guys! Love this song.
Thank you!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

And here we go...

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
NEW!   Kass's Theme[MUS][MIDI][PDF][Original] 

Here's me playing it.

The only thing I'm not too sure about is that one recurring rhythm... both notationally and when playing it, it's hard to get right. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

And also - I'll post my arrangement of "Rito Village (Night)" whenever I'm done with it. Already nearly finished. Definitely will be before next Sunday. maybe that'll just be next week's because I'm busier than anticipated this week

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Th3Gavst3r

Latios212

Here it is! I didn't really completely finish polishing it up yet, but... it's mostly there.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
NEW!   Rito Village (Night)[MUS][Original] 

Spoiler
[close]
turtle