News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Firefox 3

Started by PianoMan, June 01, 2008, 04:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PianoMan

Firefox 3 is coming out soon! Who's gonna download it the day it comes out to help break the world record?

MasterPenguin

I've already downloaded it.

The beta, atleast

But still. It's working great so far.

Harvest

Whats new in it?

I already did that pledge to download it.

edit:  sweet, resumable downloads!  I've always wanted that feature, since its happened before where my internet disconnected itself in the middle of a large file :P

they really need to get working on making Redshift theme compatible with Firefox 3, right now I'm stuck with that stupid default colour which I hate.
-

KefkaticFanatic

I've had a download manager with resumable downloads for ages with Firefox, but Firefox 3 is great.  I tried out beta 3 and it was 3x faster than Firefox 2, but something screwed up and we had a memory leak so I'm not going to install it until the final version is out.  Harvest, have you tried using the workarounds to make the addons/themes try to run? I think the addon is called nightly tester tools or something that does that for you.

me irl
[close]

Harvest

I thought there would be an add on for those downloads but I never looked.

Actually, I'm fine right now with this one theme called Azerty III or something, looks almost the same as default.

I've noticed it is a lot faster too..
-

PianoMan

Wait... There was a downloadable beta version?

starpikachu

Quote from: PianoMan on June 02, 2008, 08:11:46 AMWait... There was a downloadable beta version?
yes...it was released on the 16th

I'm gonna download it when it gets released because I've seen the bug page and I don't want anything bad to happen. Firefox 2 is too slow for me now. :P

PianoMan

The only thing I don't really like about Firefox 2 is I've lately been having downloading problems; and Windows XP really doesn't like it, so sometimes it becomes unresponsive for no reason, or freezes for a few seconds.

Shadoninja

Firefox is not a game.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

KefkaticFanatic

Firefox 3 RC2 is out!  The final version is due sometime soon this month :D

me irl
[close]

Dekudude

I <3 Firefox... of course I'll download V3!

PianoMan

Quote from: Shadoninja on June 03, 2008, 10:12:23 PMFirefox is not a game.
Naw Duhr! Do you think building a PC or PC specs is a game?

Concerto No.20 in D minor

I signed up for the mass download.  Can't wait until it comes out.  Actually.  I can.  What I can't wait for is METAL GEAR SOLID 4!!!!!!!!!

PianoMan

Isn't that already out?

Concerto No.20 in D minor

O_O  IF IT IS I WILL KILL THOSE WHO HAVE IT AND STEAL THEIR COPIES.