Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Maelstrom

[attachment deleted by admin]

Maelstrom

Felt like submitting an easy one after Serpent Devouring the Horizon

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

The Deku Trombonist

Perhaps consider making the RH on beat 4 or bar 1 triads?

Some of the articulations could do with adjusting. eg bar 3, the staccato on beat 4 should be on the prior eighth note. And the same in bar 5.

From bar 6 onwards, I'd place possible question marks over the 16ths in regards to playability. Might be worth having a fiddle on the piano just to check that out.

And I'll double check the harmonies, some of them aren't quite right.

Maelstrom

Made the triads. Fixed all articulations and harmonies. It is noticeably better now.
I'm not so sure what to do about playability. It is fast, but, remember, the first one is just a chord structure and it's never that impossible to play quickly.

The Deku Trombonist

In bars 7 and 9 the harmony notes from beat 2 are C, B, A, G, F#.

I'm on my phone, going from memory so that's all I can really pick up at the moment.

Maelstrom

Wait, what?
That's just an octave for most of them (Not the B), unless you are confusing the melody and harmony. I DID change it, in case you haven't seen the latest version.

The Deku Trombonist

Yeah I looked at the PDF. And I'm talking about the lower notes.

Maelstrom

The Deku Trombonist

That's ok, it took me about 15 minutes of solid looping to get most of that section worked out.

Bespinben

Just a few transcription fixes:

*Measures 7 (and 9) - The lower flute harmony is consists of 6ths mostly, not 3rds. That said, beat 2 of m. 7 will have a C repeated immediately before that C as a 16th, so it might help in terms of playability to omit that previous C in beat 1.5, for the note repetition, and for fingering the dyads (this method allowing you to pass your thumb under the 3 finger to prepare for beat 2, assuming you use 1234 for beat 1 and 1&5 for beat 2):

*Measures 8 (and 10) - Lower flute harmony of beat 2 maintains the 3rd interval, so it's a B not an A.
*Measure 11 - Lower flute harmony of beat 2 maintains the 3rd interval, so it's an E not a D.

Last thought - is there any way you could maybe condense the LH? Invert some of the chords? Move the bass around a little if you have to? I mean, it's possible, just some of those jumps are fairly Super Mario World Athletic span, if you know what I mean.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Maelstrom

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on February 06, 2015, 02:38:26 PMIn bars 7 and 9 the harmony notes from beat 2 are C, B, A, G, F#.
Quote from: Bespinben on February 10, 2015, 12:35:57 AM*Measures 7 (and 9) - The lower flute harmony is consists of 6ths mostly, not 3rds. That said, beat 2 of m. 7 will have a C repeated immediately before that C as a 16th, so it might help in terms of playability to omit that previous C in beat 1.5, for the note repetition.
BUT WHO IS RIGHT?

Bespinben

Both of us. Look at the picture again. We say the same thing - I just make an additional suggestion fot beat 1.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Maelstrom

Quote from: Bespinben on February 10, 2015, 12:35:57 AMLast thought - is there any way you could maybe condense the LH? Invert some of the chords? Move the bass around a little if you have to? I mean, it's possible, just some of those jumps are fairly Super Mario World Athletic span, if you know what I mean.
Fixed everything except for this. You can't play with octaves without having overlap. As for inversions, the song just doesn't feel right with 6ths instead of 3rds. Not to mention there is overlap even while using 6ths. I just feel it changes the song too much.