Series: Mega Man
Game: Mega Man ZX
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Sky High - Grand Nuage -
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: mikel

[attachment deleted by admin]

Maelstrom

What just happend? I had a lengthy post and suddenly the submission was deleted.
You can update what files you have in the NSM PANEL tab at the top
Anyway, there is just too much going on. I recommend editing it some for playability.
Some rests are where they should not be.
Either reomve the small notes or make them the same size as everything else. We don't do "optional notes" here.

mikel

Quote from: Maelstrom on February 18, 2015, 09:46:43 AMWhat just happend? I had a lengthy post and suddenly the submission was deleted.

Hi Maelstrom,
Sorry about that  :-[ I'm new here and got confused a bit earlier on.

I've fixed the rests and some dodgy bits. Hope this is better. Thanks

DonValentino

Revamped everything! I like the way the right hand was notated in the last measures though.

https://db.tt/HFk0Glj0

Tobbeh99

Your version is really good Donvalentino but I have a few thoughts:
1) the guitar in the song plays chords, and I don't think it would hurt to incorporate them, or at least in the second part(measures 19-26).
2) measures 19-26: I think the melody and the "answer" second voice should be opposite. Melody in unison, and the second voice in octaves like in the original song.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

DonValentino

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on June 13, 2015, 08:10:29 AMYour version is really good Donvalentino but I have a few thoughts:
1) the guitar in the song plays chords, and I don't think it would hurt to incorporate them, or at least in the second part(measures 19-26).
2) measures 19-26: I think the melody and the "answer" second voice should be opposite. Melody in unison, and the second voice in octaves like in the original song.

Yeah, it was an initial fixing, just to have everything more-less in its place. I'll revise that soon. Thanks for the feedback!

DonValentino

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on June 13, 2015, 08:10:29 AMYour version is really good Donvalentino but I have a few thoughts:

Well, actually... The video up there is a remix of the original, here's the original:

1) That'd be kinda difficult since the melody and bass in that part don't really allow more layers without making it unplayable. What I did though is complete the chords of that part to add more depth.
2) I really think it should be like that, "octaving" the "answer" would be giving it too much credit, and the melody is what should prevail.

Here's the updated sheet: https://db.tt/HFk0Glj0

Tobbeh99

1) what I thought was since the bass is only playing the same note, maybe add chords to make it more interesting instead of just the notes one octave higher. But now when I listen, it seems like the accompaniment part at measure 5-8 continues in the next part measures 9-18, so I thought that maybe edit those high notes so the bass plays like:
       D/E?        A
D D          D D     D D etc. That would make the bass more interesting and more melodious. However it seems this melodic line stops at the later part measure 19 and so on.

2) I don't think you necessary need to play one voice in octaves and that voice becomes the more clear and highlighted. If you play in unison, you can easily play it legato and get a very melodious tone, and play the "answer" in octaves with staccato. But your idea is fine, if you want it as it with the melody in octaves and the answer in unison, then go for it.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

DonValentino

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on June 14, 2015, 05:06:05 AM1) what I thought was since the bass is only playing the same note, maybe add chords to make it more interesting instead of just the notes one octave higher. But now when I listen, it seems like the accompaniment part at measure 5-8 continues in the next part measures 9-18, so I thought that maybe edit those high notes so the bass plays like:
       D/E?        A
D D          D D     D D etc. That would make the bass more interesting and more melodious. However it seems this melodic line stops at the later part measure 19 and so on.

2) I don't think you necessary need to play one voice in octaves and that voice becomes the more clear and highlighted. If you play in unison, you can easily play it legato and get a very melodious tone, and play the "answer" in octaves with staccato. But your idea is fine, if you want it as it with the melody in octaves and the answer in unison, then go for it.

1) Ohhh, yeah those aren't chords, it is indeed the continuation of the second layer from measures 1-9 you point out, that in fact the original arrangement maintained in the right hand (E-D-D-A...). I was kinda confused when you said chords, because there are also subtle chords at the beginning of each measure, the continuation of the voice from the right hand in measures 1-8. Thought you meant including those, which I actually did with the second layer from measures 9-18, so I was like, wut? lol

I'll revise that and update it later.

2) Yeah well your idea is good too, I definitely agree on adding staccatos to the answer if it was to be "octaved", though I honestly don't hear it in octaves in the song (I can very well be mistaken though, but just in case I'll leave it like that for the moment).

But I'm still a little skeptical about removing the octaves, mainly because of the huge distance between the bass and the melody that makes it sound a little empty, to which at least the octaves help a little. If you leave the bottom octave instead, well, it doesn't really correspond to the actual melody in the song and it collides with the answer. So... Dunno. Maybe with the updated bass it doesn't sound so empty.

Thank you again! ;J

DonValentino

Ok, done. Woah it does sound much better now! Haha actually when you wrote "D/E?", it's both! xD

https://db.tt/HFk0Glj0

I tried doing the answer as you say, but it sounds too unfitting with the staccatos, in the song there's no staccato at all there. So yeah I think I'll just leave it like this. Kept the octaves and the chords, because all in all they also help build up the epicness, that part is the climax of the song and it has to sound powerful! >:J

I'd say it's good to go now. Thanks again for the feedback tobbeh, keep it up please ;J

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bespinben.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot