Jester Musician's arrangements: "ASGORE" - Undertale

Started by JesterMusician, March 17, 2015, 02:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JesterMusician

A friend of mine requested that I do this song (well actually I asked him for a suggestion for what I do next, haha). Still needs some work, I'm sure. It's really long, and there's only so much you can do without a real rock band...but here it is.

Also, I hate how Finale doesn't allow you to tie across voices - I'll stick to MuseScore for now.

"It Doesn't Matter", Sonic Adventure
[MID] [MUS] [PDF]

Maelstrom

Quote from: JesterMusician on April 17, 2015, 03:29:49 AMAlso, I hate how Finale doesn't allow you to tie across voices - I'll stick to MuseScore for now.
Notepad, or Finale in general. And, if you want, you can always just stick a note there and press H to hide it.
And Finale's quarter rests don't look diseased
Great arrangement, though. Can't wait to see more!

Sebastian

Quote from: JesterMusician on April 17, 2015, 03:29:49 AMA friend of mine requested that I do this song (well actually I asked him for a suggestion for what I do next, haha). Still needs some work, I'm sure. It's really long, and there's only so much you can do without a real rock band...but here it is.

Also, I hate how Finale doesn't allow you to tie across voices - I'll stick to MuseScore for now.

"It Doesn't Matter", Sonic Adventure
[MID] [MUS] [PDF]
I'm astonished with your arrangements so far! Excellent work! :)

JesterMusician

Forgot to put this one up.

Animal Crossing: Wild World
[MID][MUS][PDF]

Hey look at that, this thread is 1 month old and I've already got six arrangements under my belt!

Sebastian

Quote from: JesterMusician on April 19, 2015, 04:28:39 AMForgot to put this one up.

Animal Crossing: Wild World
[MID][MUS][PDF]

Hey look at that, this thread is 1 month old and I've already got six arrangements under my belt!
Huzzah! My first 6 arrangements were poo compared to yours. Excellent work!

JesterMusician

This one turned out okay, but not as well as Castle Bleck imo.

Super Paper Mario: Gloam Valley
[MID][MUS][PDF]

Sebastian

Super Paper Mario music is rough.....good job anyway. :)
Hope to see more!

AwesomeYears

Just had a look at Wild World, impressive, I'm probably gonn PLy this for YouTube because it's a good and easy start.

JesterMusician

I love Paper Mario music. I saw this song on the website, but was very disappointed - all that complexity reduced to just two (somewhat incorrect) lines? So I'm going to challenge it with my own arrangement!

Super Paper Mario: Champion of Destruction
[MID][MUS][PDF]

Sebastian

Wow! Awesome work.....you're a genius :p
Just a few Nazi stuff:
Measures 4, 6, 10, 19, 20, 21, 25, 30, & 31 - You have Dynamics (mp mf f diminuendo crescendo) colliding with notes.

Measure 17 and where ever this reoccurs - Imo, I am much better at flats than sharps and flats are much easier for me to play :p
But in measure 17, I would recommend G sharp minor instead of A flat Minor since there are only 5 sharps instead of 7 flats but it really is up to you :) You could go either way and it'd still be right.

Measure 34 - To show all beats clearly in this measure, I would recommend an eighth rest then sixteenth rest instead of a dotted eighth......especially since it's on the 3rd beat.

Again, excellent job! Can't wait to see this one on the site :)

JesterMusician

I don't really bother with collisions in the MUS file unless I'm making a submission - I mean, of course I can see them. I can clean it up after I have all the feedback so I don't have to deal with Finale as much.

I prefer Ab minor over G# minor in this context because the song modulates from an Ab major chord.

I don't like 16th rests, so I'll combine it into an eighth if I can. There are only four beats that need to be clearly shown in the measure. Beat 3 has a vertical column of symbols that indicate its placement: the dotted rest, the eighth note and the half note. Breaking up the dotted rest does not make the placement of Beat 3 any clearer. The tie in 11 is an example where you could make a mistake if you used a quarter note.

Sebastian

Quote from: JesterMusician on May 02, 2015, 02:37:37 PMI don't really bother with collisions in the MUS file unless I'm making a submission - I mean, of course I can see them. I can clean it up after I have all the feedback so I don't have to deal with Finale as much.

I prefer Ab minor over G# minor in this context because the song modulates from an Ab major chord.

I don't like 16th rests, so I'll combine it into an eighth if I can. There are only four beats that need to be clearly shown in the measure. Beat 3 has a vertical column of symbols that indicate its placement: the dotted rest, the eighth note and the half note. Breaking up the dotted rest does not make the placement of Beat 3 any clearer. The tie in 11 is an example where you could make a mistake if you used a quarter note.
I see. Ok then :)
I recommend you submit this......love seeing more Super Paper Mario :)

JesterMusician

I would, but there's a submission limit of 2, and even though one was accepted I can't make another...

Sebastian

Quote from: JesterMusician on May 02, 2015, 06:20:00 PMI would, but there's a submission limit of 2, and even though one was accepted I can't make another...
I know haha
Submit it next time :p

JesterMusician

This one didn't take as long as I thought! The 20 measures took about three hours.

Please, if any of you experienced arrangers can provide feedback on any of my latest arrangements, I'd really appreciate it! Contrary to what you might think, I'm still new at this and have lots to learn. Critique away!

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door - "Battle Theme"
[MID][MUS][PDF]