News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

What music sheets are you playing right now?

Started by AwesomeYears, March 29, 2015, 03:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holland_oates89

Shokufan is awesome too. Also, apparently shokufan is some kind of japanese bread cube? I had some confusing results after googling it...

"What About Me?" is one of the best arrangements I've ever heard from them. I'm supposed to hate them because they all went to UNT but I CAN'T!! THEY ARE TOO GOOD!
I work for MakeMusic! Please do ask me for help with Finale! Please don't ask me for special discounts, secret information, or bug fixes.

Disclaimer: The views expressed from me are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer!

Tobbeh99

Quote from: holland_oates89 on August 28, 2015, 10:29:35 PMI don't know if this counts, but I've been trying to transcribe the keyboard solo at the end of this video and it is impossible.

Honestly I don't think I'll ever finish it but if I do you can bet it'll go in the "Personal Arrangements" section of this forum...

@MaestroUGC: One of the benefits of being a music major is that you have better musical facilities to play what you want, when you want, for your own amusement, without spending as much time/effort practicing it. Nothing wrong with not being a music major but those who are music majors aren't really forced to do anything other than get good at their instrument and learn the fundamentals of music. Also, people become music majors because they want to play the instrument that they've majored in.

I don't know what technique you use for transcribing but I can highly recommend http://www.audiostretch.com/audiostretchforflash/. It's a slowdowner that let's you slow down songs how much you want to and it's free.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Tobbeh99

Printed out some sheets I'll try to learn and maybe later, also upload a video of me playing.
And I tried the Chrono Chross song "Dream of the Shore Near Another World" arranged by Brawler4ever and edited by Bespinben, and it was seemed really pleasant to play. Bespinben's beaming facilitated greatly and the hands coordinated so well with covering the middle arpeggios. Truly enjoyable and the song is also so beautiful! I just love those songs that both are beautiful and that feels relaxed and pleasant for the hands to play.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on August 29, 2015, 01:54:34 PMAnd I tried the Chrono Chross song "Dream of the Shore Near Another World" arranged by Brawler4ever and edited by Bespinben, and it was seemed really pleasant to play. Bespinben's beaming facilitated greatly and the hands coordinated so well with covering the middle arpeggios. Truly enjoyable and the song is also so beautiful! I just love those songs that both are beautiful and that feels relaxed and pleasant for the hands to play.
Ah yes this sheet. I did the same a couple of weeks ago. Can't say how much I love this song from a game I've never played before. At first glance the beaming looks weird but when you actually start playing it, it's ridiculously intuitive. ;D
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Anyone have experience with the Liszt Transcendental Etudes?
what is shitpost

InsigTurtle

I need to work on my forearm technique. Slamming those keys down is not as easy as it sounds, especially at 2:00 in.

Bubbles

I'm looking through this thread to try to find inspiration (since I've realized I'm kinda drifting away from piano and I don't like it) but I'm not finding any :-(

Pianist Da Sootopolis

What style do you prefer most? That might help us give suggestions if you'd like.
what is shitpost

Latios212

Particular game/series you want? Or not NSM-related?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bubbles

I'd prefer something non game related so I don't feel like I'm misinterpreting the piece's feel (since I probably haven't played the game it's from) but I'm open to anything. I really like flowy songs or something that's isn't just fast and choppy. Lots of emotion. Idk if I'm explaining this well or not lol

MaestroUGC

Some advice: Don't worry about what you're going to play. Just sit down and start playing. Improv if it comes to you. If you want to play then just play.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

what is shitpost

Bubbles

@maestro I can't improvise for the life of me. Prob because I don't even know my scales, but I'm going to try and get better at it sometime next year once I actually learn the things a piano player should know

@braixen I liked some of the first video and the second, but when I looked I couldn't find sheets for either :<

@PDS idk I'm thinking about playing that for the first time and learning the repetitiveness of the quieter parts of the RH and it's making me bored just thinking about it lol. Nothing wrong with the song, it just seems annoying to read and probably won't get me back into playing

FireArrow

Bach's fugue in D major WTC bk II?
https://youtu.be/ju6xpqqVZU4?t=24m41s

I have an arrangement of this and this if you want? That's game music though.

I honestly don't know many slow and flowy songs because they usually don't fit in my tiny attention span ;3. I wouldn't worry about it if you can't find anything that piques your interest.  Don't play piano for the sake of playing piano, play piano because there's a song you really want to play. Playing for the sake of playing only works if it's your passion or something corny like that.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department