News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

What music sheets are you playing right now?

Started by AwesomeYears, March 29, 2015, 03:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Quote from: dajwxp on January 03, 2017, 05:17:09 PMGot "Lonely Lillie" from Sun and Moon in the bag!
oh how the tables have turned
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Dudeman

Quote from: Latios212 on January 03, 2017, 05:24:35 PMoh how the tables have turned
dammit I was just about to say something like that
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: dajwxp on January 03, 2017, 05:17:09 PMGot "Lonely Lillie" from Sun and Moon in the bag! ^^ Zeila's done a great job with the sheet, really glad that I could get it from such a reliable source, hehe.

It's ready for recording, and I'll probably do the proper recording this weekend!...or the next. Or the next. Yeah :p
*Bag
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

daj

sigh. them unintended puns.

(edited btw huehue)

mikey

so my sister stole my laptop to do some piano/clarinet/violin project thing in Finale.  I was looking at it and decided some of you guys might have some fun with it

MUSX sorry
unmotivated

ilegi

I'm loving Ice Path from Pokemon Gold/Silver arranged by Echo! It's not hard to get into, and has a satisfying bass clef I could repeat over and over and not get tired of. Is this piece commonly played often by others here?

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Recently printed out two sterotype classical pieces for cello -

Suite 1 for Solo Cello - JS Bach (BWV 1007)
[close]
Actually written in a not-impossible key and from sight-reading Prélude I can tell that Bach knew the limitations of a cello. The bowing seems awkward at places and I'll have to get used to it.

Spring (La Primavera) - Antonio Vivaldi (solo violin transcribed for cello)
[close]
Not looking forward to some of the practice sessions for this one. It wasn't made for the cello (violins are tuned G3-D4-A4-E5, Spring is in E maj; cellos are tuned C2-G2-D3-A3), so some parts don't transcribe very well. Some parts also had to be brought up an octave to be physically playable on the cello, notably in Allegro m44+46 (1:51). Trills are everywhere.
- Lkjhgfdsa_77
Arr | Tran | LiPo | Intro | YT | Blog

Dekkadeci

Don't know why I've been bitten by the bug to play this piece lately:

I selected this piece to practice back when I took piano lessons (before university), and I'm surprised how much of the piece I still remember how to play (I've graduated from university). The great thing about this piece is that it still sounds pretty good when I play it slower than indicated (unlike a lot of fast music).

A bonus: I'm significantly worse at this piece than the first one, back then and now:

Curse you, Bars 63-71 and its large leaps in the left hand...

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Learning all kinds of jazz standards now... and solo transcriptions. So many transcriptions.
what is shitpost

InsigTurtle

https://youtu.be/ry5L3_0XVuk?t=19m51s

I love playing the E-flat minor one. It looks and sounds a bit difficult, but it's actually surprisingly "easy". One of my neighbours was listening, and he came over to ask if the composer was Russian. And of course he was :P

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Mozart - Piano Sonata No. 4 in Eb Major (K 282)

I was thinking about playing some classical music for piano, and after googling "Mozart piano solo" a very rigorous selection process, I came across this one. The first movement is relatively easy, and it sounds very nice. Again I get the feeling that this piece was written with the limitations of the piano in mind.
- Lkjhgfdsa_77
Arr | Tran | LiPo | Intro | YT | Blog

swimswamit

"Home Again" from Night in the Woods, arranged by PKBT on Musescore. Trying to convince him to come to NSM!

https://musescore.com/pkbt/home-again

I've been trying piano for a little while but just started real lessons about two months ago or so (although we've only had 3 practices cs summer ;{ ) and these small sheets are a lot of fun to play and to practice reading music with.

Bloop

I'm working on my biggest piano challenge which will probably take a lot of time; I'm going to try playing the whole of Debussy's Images (book 1 and 2). I've been working on the first piece (Reflet's dans l'Eau (Reflections in the Water)) and it's SO HARD but worth it. The part starting at 2:50 is a beast, though.

Aside from that, I have been playing Liszt's Liebestraum no. 3 and Debussy's Rêverie

AmpharosAndy

Quote from: Bloop on July 27, 2017, 01:55:13 PMAside from that, I have been playing Liszt's Liebestraum no. and Debussy's Rêverie
I did those two at school for A level. Great selection ;)

I'm yet to really appreciate Images as I think I miss the point. If you get round to performing it, I'll be happy for you to show me.
innit