News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Router pinging out...

Started by Dude, June 05, 2008, 04:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dude

Is there any way to make it stop disconnecting me in the middle of a race? >:(

Requiem

How close are you to your router? Mine's on a different floor without TVs, so I lag/dc like hell. Maybe move it closer if at all possible...

PrizeRebel <-- Earn Free Goodies Like Precious Nexon Cash! Kudos to Gamer4250

Dude

It's not that it's out of range.

My computer is connected to a cable modem and the wireless is going from the computer to the antenna.

So it's like this:

Wall----modem----Comp-----antenna---Wii

However this is what seems to happen...

Wall----modem----Comp-XXXXX-antenna---Wii

Requiem

I dunno then. It might just be your internet connection/computer in general. :-\ I'd just search some Nintendo tech forums or something for answers...

PrizeRebel <-- Earn Free Goodies Like Precious Nexon Cash! Kudos to Gamer4250

Dihan

Is it protected by a firewall?

I had to make my Wii an exception to my router's built in firewall to allow the Wii to connect.

Dude

Maybe my computer just sucks... Oh well ::)

zahndy

hey if your using zone-alarm as a fire wall TURN IT OFF. it totally blocks my nintendo wifi usb connector, so i'm using an other firewall :P
please delete this account

Dude

Ehh... I use Webroot Spy Sweeper, but I don't think that has anything to do with it... :-\

zahndy

noxus21 also has problems with his ziggo firewall
please delete this account

blah54

are you using a good router? and a good modem? regardless... the wii is really picky with wireless stuff and dcs randomly all the time... and it might not be you, sometimes i get d/ced when one of my friends lags really bad...
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

Dude

It's not the Wii, it's my computer. The wireless goes out completely and it comes up with a big red X around the icon on the taskbar. I moved it a little bit and it's not timing out as much so that's good...