News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Best and Worst Songs you have ever heard in your life

Started by Sirus, February 25, 2008, 05:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirus

Favorites:
Trans-Siberian Orchestra's Wizard of Winter for rock
Gerudo Valley and the famous mario theme for video game
Bach's Double Violin Concerto for classical

Worst:
most songs with cussing in them
(like that Avenged Sevenfold song that said f*** and motherf***** several minutes straight)

Mike

I really don't see why anyone would hate a song just because there's "bad" words in it. Usually it just makes the emotion of the song even greater. Then again you have to look at it philosophically, what is a bad word? Take the f word for example, it actually means other things in other languages and it actually means to thrust, which isn't a bad word at all. Then you look at words like shit which are somehow bad words, but when you say other words that mean the exact same thing like poop, poo or caca for some reason it's fine to say it.

Anyways.

Favorites:
My taste changes all the time, but right now, anything from the album Fortress by Protest the Hero and anything by Between the Buried and Me. Amazing instrument technicality as well as amazing lyrics. I'd even throw in Dream Theater in there just for how they put so much thought in making their albums and how EVERYTHING from the song names, to the song placement, to which note each song starts and ends and even to the album cover artwork is all thought out to make everything fit together and major props on the Octavarium album how they made every part of it follow the golden ratio.

Worst:
Almost anything mainstream. I just hate how the mainstream industry "manufactures" artists to follow a recipe to success, only makes music for major profit and will do anything to screw off the fans for their greedy needs.

Harvest

Best songs:  Bulls On Parade, Testify, Sleep Now in the Fire, How I Could Just Kill a Man.  All by Rage Against the Machine, all filled with swearing.   ;)  Also, Holy Diver by Killswitch Engage.

Worst:  Rehab by Amy Whinehouse, seriously, what the hell.  Also those rap songs that all sound the same (usually a guy singing high about having sex with a girl after meeting her at the club.)

-

Shadoninja

Best: Toccata and Fugue in D Minor(though I don't like calling it a "song")

Worst: too many to describe, let's just say everything in the pure rap genre, with the exception of fort minor.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Mike

Quote from: Harvest on February 25, 2008, 06:54:16 PMBest songs:  Bulls On Parade, Testify, Sleep Now in the Fire, How I Could Just Kill a Man.  All by Rage Against the Machine, all filled with swearing.

You have just won the thread! God they HAVE!!!! to come to Canada so I can see one of their shows before they decide to finally call it quits.

KefkaticFanatic

Best: Most Muse songs and Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.  Also Harvest's list.

Worst: Every fucking rap song.  We need to kill every person that listens and sings rap to stop it.  It isn't music, its a bunch of retards attempting poetry. (see what I did there?  8))

----------------
Listening to: A13
via FoxyTunes

me irl
[close]

Harvest

Quote from: Mike on February 25, 2008, 07:19:13 PM
Quote from: Harvest on February 25, 2008, 06:54:16 PMBest songs:  Bulls On Parade, Testify, Sleep Now in the Fire, How I Could Just Kill a Man.  All by Rage Against the Machine, all filled with swearing.

You have just won the thread! God they HAVE!!!! to come to Canada so I can see one of their shows before they decide to finally call it quits.

I also really want to see one of their shows. 

Are they actually going to quit?  I was really hoping for another album, because they got back together and all doing shows. 

Morello on Guitar+Zach Vocals=Win
-

Shervin

the wind gods aria is the best song in the history of video games..

for violin at least

razer84

best: i like a lot of songs, i just don't remember their titles

worst: 'hips don't lie' by shakira, and that song by that new british chick about a horse and a tree in the middle of nowhere and the horse talks to her... yeah i hate that song.

damn commies.

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Gu4n

Best pop: everything from Muse (Although I know it's not REAL pop);
Best classical: Canon in D Major (Pachelbell)/Adagio in G Minor (Albinoni)/Toccata in D Minor (Bach);
Best videogame: Demon Castle Pinnacle, from Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (Yamane).

Lildigipoke2

Best: Any Contemporary Christian song
Worst: Any classical music and anything by the Jonas Brothers

CHOCOLATEEEEEEE

kirby_superstar

I like a huge variety of music (Satie, Alexisonfire, Debussy, alot of other romantic era crap, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, etc,too many to name) but
my worst is.....
the Jonas Brothers,
anything played on the family channel
most country
hardcore rap
fabricated hip-hop(by saying that i mean i like people like K-os)
Avril Lavigne
you get the pictur3
x = y + 1. Where x = current post count, and y = previous post count.

ZeldaFan

Worst and most over-played song ever: "Big Girls don't cry" by Fergie
stupidest song ever...they play it like 2 times a day on every radio station!!  >:(

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

Gu4n

Quote from: ZeldaFan on February 26, 2008, 11:00:46 AMWorst and most over-played song ever: "Big Girls don't cry" by Fergie
stupidest song ever...they play it like 2 times a day on every radio station!!  >:(

You forgot 'Please Don't Stop The Music' from Rihanna, it was played like two times an hour. And the lyrics are very.. profound: Please don't stop the music, please don't stop the music, please don't stop the music, please don't stop the music, please don't stop the music, please don't stop the music, please don't stop the music, please don't stop the music, please don't stop the music, please don't stop the music *and repeat!*