NinSheetMusic Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Be sure to give a warm welcome to our three new moderators!

Author Topic: Thanks for NSM...  (Read 1087 times)

Kinsara

• Blank Manuscript Paper
    • View Profile
    • Email
Thanks for NSM...
« on: June 21, 2015, 05:35:16 AM »

Hey, I wasn't sure which admin I should send this to if any but I wanted to express my appreciation for this site... I don't know if any of the original creators will see this but here's the story:

I found NinSheetMusic in early 2008 and began learning to play some Zelda songs on the piano. This was back in high school when I was kind of friendless. I wound up in a choir class with lunch period right before so I would go into the choir room during lunch when nobody was around and play the songs I'd learned on the piano there. One day, a kid that I definitely wouldn't have talked to otherwise caught me at it and started talking to me about Zelda and other video games. Long story short we got really close and through him I met several other people that I never would have even seen otherwise. They're all still really special to me and a few of them are still my closest friends and have helped me through the hardest times of my life. They're like family to me. Not to get overdramatic, but I think it's entirely possible that I might not even be alive without some of them.

Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is I don't think I would have met any of these people if it hadn't been for NSM so... like seriously, thank you. My life would not be the same without this website.

Sorry for making a sappy forum post about this! I just wanted to share. I'm so glad this place is still around and that I found it all those years ago.

JDMEK5

• The Banana King
  • Ghost Updater
  • Nintendo Nocturne
  • Be excellent to each other.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Thanks for NSM...
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 05:53:24 AM »

Thanks for the support and encouragement! It's thanks to guys like you that we do what we do and enjoy doing it. :)
Need a DS MIDI you can't find? PM me and I can probably get it.

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012

Pianist Da Sootopolis

• Nintendo Nocturne
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 06:38:59 AM »

Hey, I wasn't sure which admin I should send this to if any but I wanted to express my appreciation for this site... I don't know if any of the original creators will see this but here's the story:

I found NinSheetMusic in early 2008 and began learning to play some Zelda songs on the piano. This was back in high school when I was kind of friendless. I wound up in a choir class with lunch period right before so I would go into the choir room during lunch when nobody was around and play the songs I'd learned on the piano there. One day, a kid that I definitely wouldn't have talked to otherwise caught me at it and started talking to me about Zelda and other video games. Long story short we got really close and through him I met several other people that I never would have even seen otherwise. They're all still really special to me and a few of them are still my closest friends and have helped me through the hardest times of my life. They're like family to me. Not to get overdramatic, but I think it's entirely possible that I might not even be alive without some of them.

Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is I don't think I would have met any of these people if it hadn't been for NSM so... like seriously, thank you. My life would not be the same without this website.

Sorry for making a sappy forum post about this! I just wanted to share. I'm so glad this place is still around and that I found it all those years ago.
Many thanks for your moving story. It encourages the arrangers (not counting myself in this since I'm not really one) to keep doing what they do, as JDMEK said.
You gonna stick around and arrange? Maybe this isn't the place to ask that, but I'm sure many others would love to hear your story, and maybe some others are going through the same.
what is shitpost

Hero of Trains

• Epona Elegy
  • When in doubt, TRAINS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 06:39:51 AM »

Wow, that's awesome! I'm so glad you found those friends. You deserve them, and vice versa! :)
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

AwesomeYears

• Flashman Funk
  • sometimes makes sheet music
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 07:47:25 AM »

It's really cool to see that NSM has saved a life! Our community are a friendly bunch of users when we don't argue about preference and hope you'll stay with us :D
If you would like to learn how to arrange music that you like, I'll most likely will be posting a tutorial probably in a couple of weeks!

Sebastian

• Master of the Mario
  • Ghost Updater
  • Nintendo Nocturne
  • Shoot me a discord message anytime for music help!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 02:47:12 PM »

That is a very touching story and I'm glad we can make you glad! Good to have you around :)

Dudeman

• Dearly Departed
  • Staff Emeritus
  • Nintendo Nocturne
  • Two-Time Winner of NSM's "Most Sarcastic" Award
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2015, 08:54:20 PM »

Someone get Jamaha on the line! (also laughing a bit on the inside that none of the more veteran arrangers have posted here yet)

It's really great to hear that our arrangements are really making a difference. Thanks for the feedback!
Dudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Sebastian

• Master of the Mario
  • Ghost Updater
  • Nintendo Nocturne
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2015, 09:15:59 PM »

Someone get Jamaha on the line!
*sigh*
I've been trying to reach him for months.....

Nebbles

• Nintendo Nocturne
  • pew
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2015, 09:44:39 PM »

It's wonderful you've made so many friends! Music can truly do fantastic things for people.
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Sebastian

• Master of the Mario
  • Ghost Updater
  • Nintendo Nocturne
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2015, 12:04:20 AM »

Music can truly do fantastic things for people.
Music is the best medicine.

JDMEK5

• The Banana King
  • Ghost Updater
  • Nintendo Nocturne
  • Be excellent to each other.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2015, 12:40:05 AM »

"Music expresses what words cannot." This topic is a fruit of the reason for my personal text.
Need a DS MIDI you can't find? PM me and I can probably get it.

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012

mikey

• Nintendo Nocturne
  • "Courage"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2015, 06:01:03 PM »

Zelda is cool I agree
Luke 1:3

"It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee..."

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 23 queries.