News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

[NES] Super Mario Bros. 2 - "Character Select" (Replacement) by Olimar12345

Started by Zeta, June 24, 2015, 05:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Super Mario Bros. 2
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Character Select
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Olimar12345

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

*Question: Why do you have the bpm set with a half note instead of quarter?
You could put it in 2/2.
*Measure 20-end: It could use some slurs throughout here to make it a little more legato like in the original.....of course this is optional.
*The release date for Super Mario Bros. 2 was July 10, 1987.

Olimar12345

Quote from: mariolegofan on June 24, 2015, 06:25:09 PM*Question: Why do you have the bpm set with a half note instead of quarter?
You could put it in 2/2.

This is how you would normally see things written in this style.

Quote from: mariolegofan on June 24, 2015, 06:25:09 PM*Measure 20-end: It could use some slurs throughout here to make it a little more legato like in the original.....of course this is optional.

It only sounds slurred between the odd and even numbered eighth notes, and that's because of the soundfont used. Better as it is, imo.

Quote from: mariolegofan on June 24, 2015, 06:25:09 PMThe release date for Super Mario Bros. 2 was July 10, 1987.

Whoops, I used the date on my cart, which is incorrect (for the game's release). However, July 10, 1987 is not correct either, that's the release date for doki doki panic. Super Mario Bros. 2 was released on October 9, 1988, according to MarioWiki.

The date is fixed now.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

Quote from: Olimar12345 on June 24, 2015, 06:37:28 PMThis is how you would normally see things written in this style.
Ok. I always see 2/2 and a half note together but I guess I learn something new every day :P

Quote from: Olimar12345 on June 24, 2015, 06:37:28 PMIt only sounds slurred between the odd and even numbered eighth notes, and that's because of the soundfont used. Better as it is, imo.
Ok. I see

That's funny. On wiki it says 1987 :P

Olimar12345

Quote from: mariolegofan on June 24, 2015, 06:42:29 PMThat's funny. On wiki it says 1987 :P

That's because on Wikipedia Super Mario Bros. 2 and Doki Doki Panic share the same page.

Sebastian

DonValentino

Olimar12345

The left margin is always a little bigger than the right. It's always been like this ???

DonValentino

Yes, of course, but isn't it a little too much? Well it's ok, if you prefer it like that I don't really have a reason to tell you otherwise~~

Zeta