Arranging/Perfect Pitch/Other random music stuff discussion

Started by Tobbeh99, August 17, 2015, 12:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

Quote from: mastersuperfan on November 27, 2015, 10:02:41 AMI instinctively memorize the key a piece of music is in, so if I hear it in the wrong key, I get extremely annoyed. As a result, I have somewhat of a sense of perfect pitch by remembering the music. For example, I memorize A by remembering Melty Monster Galaxy from SMG2, C by remembering Luigi/Mario/Yoshi Circuit from MKDD, and D by memorizing Ghostly Galaxy from SMG and Megalovania from Undertale. There are a whole lot of other examples, too, but those ones are the most common ones that I remember.
^This is me.

I find it weird that, despite being a freshman at my uni, I'm one of the very few choir members to have relative pitch and be able to provide an in-tune C, A, E, etc. I just expected more people to be able to do it.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Tobbeh99

The difference from what you guys said above is that for me, when I play an F for example some song starting on an F sometimes pops up in my brain. Not like I put effort in remembering an F (although I have tried, and I remember an Bb quite well from being in the first note in the Zelda main theme), but more like it just song just appear.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

JDMEK5

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on December 01, 2015, 10:26:30 AMThe difference from what you guys said above is that for me, when I play an F for example some song starting on an F sometimes pops up in my brain. Not like I put effort in remembering an F (although I have tried, and I remember an Bb quite well from being in the first note in the Zelda main theme), but more like it just song just appear.
This happens to me too but it's far more useful to have it work the other way around. So that's how I taught myself relative pitch. I just memorized bits and pieces of certain songs cuz I can sing those in tune.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I did the same thing for just about every note..
C- Rach 2 opening theme
C#- Liszt HR 2
D- Rach 3
E flat- Opening of the Chopin Op. 53, though now it's the beginning of the Liszt piano concerto in e flat
E- Chopin Etude Op 25/11, "Winter Wind"
F- Bach Invention No. 8 in F major
F#- Chopin mazurka in F sharp minor Op 6/1, now it's the Brahms second piano sonata
G- Chopin Op. 9/2
G#- Chopin Op. 64/2
A- Schubert Sonata in A minor (Op. Posthumous)
B flat- Chopin "Grande Valse Brilliante", Op. 18
B- Chopin 10/3

So many Chopin pieces.. though my love for Chopin is being quickly overtaken by my love for Schubert.
what is shitpost