News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

What title should I chose?

Started by Tobbeh99, September 09, 2015, 10:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobbeh99

I'm starting to arrange songs from the game Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance. The game has a sound test in the game with titles, but the thing is that there also exist a CD with the soundtrack from the game which uses different titles. Now the question is, which titles should I use??
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

JDMEK5

The soundtrack is produced and published by the original game makers, right?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Maelstrom

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 10, 2015, 12:36:51 PMThe soundtrack is produced and published by the original game makers, right?
Most of the time, yes. However, sometimes the translation of tracks might not be handled by the same localization company.
It is Konami, after all.

Tobbeh99

Yes it is I think.
Here is is: http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Castlevania:_Circle_of_the_Moon_and_Castlevania:_Harmony_of_Dissonance_Original_Soundtrack

A couple things: First of the CD contains soundtrack from both Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance and Castlevania: Circle of the Moon.
Secondly, not all songs are included in the CD. Mostly some which had slight variations like "Prologue" and "Theme of Maxim Kischinger" and "Item Collection Room"(titles from the game's sound test). They are very similar but in the CD only one version exist. Same with Boss theme, it actually has 3 variations, mostly the same only the intro being different.

I'm not sure what to choose, they are very different titles. For some clarification: The songs in game uses more basic titles such as "Entrance" or "Castle" while the CD has more aesthetic titles such as "Successor of Fate" or "Beloved Person". Also the ones on the CD seems to be the most popular titles when it comes to youtube videos.

Edit: I saw another CD which had one song from Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance in it, with the name from the CD above mentioned. I think I should stick to the titles from the CD's since they seem to be what Konami wanted since they have those names on 2 CD's and also because they seem to be the most popular names. Maybe they intentionally change the names to make them more interesting.   

Another edit: To make things even worse, the CD titles are in Japanese and after looking around the internet I've seen different translation of them :-\. What a mess.
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

JDMEK5

I'd go with the latest official translation. Whatever was the last thing released. That'll work nicely.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Tobbeh99

Y I think I'll stick with the CD also because of consistency with the other titles. Usually with Castlevania, the level has more aesthetic titles such as "Vampire Killer" instead of just "Stage 1" and "Requiem" instead of "Credits" etc.
And with the translation, there isn't really an official translation as what I know so I'll try the best possible at the dubious cases. We'll probably investigate this issue more when I submit those sheets. 

10/10 tobbeh

SlowPokemon

I'm usually very particular about making sure each track is properly named, but in a situation like this it really doesn't matter. I'd leave it up to the arranger.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.