Previous topic - Next topic

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Oasis

Top 10 Final Smashes for Brawl/Wii U
Here is the next list! Hope you enjoy!

Number 10: Samus – Zero Laser

Ah, Zero Laser. Many good memories of killing a lot of people with this devastating move. Samus readies her laser then it erupts as everyone who is caught in the blast can't move and gets knocked back, as the final burst recoils the brawler. The only change from Brawl is that the transformation into Zero Suit is gone. Still, this has to be one of the most visually appealing Final Smashes I have seen, don't you think?

Number 9: Greninja – Night Slash

Greninja. You have to extremely precise with this final smash, but once you pull it off, you have a good K.O rate if their percentage is high. How Greninja attacks under the moon is just beautiful, but I feel bad for the one who is being utterly decimated by this intense final smash.

Number 8: Shulk – Chain Attack

Shulk's chain attack should have Xenoblade fans bursting with happiness! Shulk grabs someone with their chain, then a cutscene appears. And who is there? Why, it's Dunban and Ricki! They attack the helpless brawler as Shulk uses his sword to finish things off.

Number 7: Robin – Pair Attack

Robin reminds me a lot of Ike's Great Aether. The only difference is that there are 2 people that initiates the final smash, Robin and Crom. They basically get the helpless victim in the air and slashes them multiple times. After that, Robin smashes his sword on the victim, pounding them to the ground while Robin and Crom stay in the air.

Number 6: Luigi – Poltergeist 5000

Ah Luigi's Mansion, I've had some love/hate memories with you. Luigi sucks you up with his vacuum, the very vacuum that led hundreds of ghosts to their demise, then he spits you out like yesterday's trash. Classic, and more fitting than his Negative Zone that was in Brawl.

Number 5: Pac-Man – Super Pac-man

Pac Man grows extremely large! Does nostalgia strike you? He turns into the Pac Man that we remember from the 80's. The cool thing is once he eats someone, they turn in to 2 eyeballs. Exactly how the ghosts turned when Pac Man ate them. His monstrous size makes this final smash difficult to escape from.

Number 4: Bowser – Giga Bowser

Bowser's final smash involves turning into Giga Bowser. This large, monstrous, humongous figure poses a problem to everyone on stage. Although he can take damage, he doesn't flinch or recoil. He has huge amounts of moves involving fire(duh), poison, and ice. Watch out everyone, Giga Bowser is here!

Number 3: Ganondorf – Beast Ganon

The Beast Ganon is one of the most epic smashes I have ever seen. He turns into this giant beast and pounds the ground, paralyzing you (if you are in his pounce range), after that, he charges you, pushing you off the stage. If you are paralyzed, you have a greater chance of dying, if your percentage is high enough. You can easily nab 3 kills with this devastating smash, and even more for the 8 player mode.

Number 2: Mega Man – Mega Legends

Megaman fires this black orb that goes in a straight line and sucks people in. Another cutscene! You can see Megaman and his crew all preparing their laser. After that BOOOOM! You can see those colorful lasers hitting the hapless victim as they can get flung off the stage. It is about time Megaman joins the party! He is easily one of my most favorite characters, though number 1 has both my favorite final smash and character of all time.

Number 1: Fox/Falco/Wolf's Land Master

Yes, I'm pretty sure some of you were expecting this while others of you were not. Star Fox, what can I say? I never really payed attention to Star Fox until The Super Smash Bros series. Fox/Falco (Brawl/Wii U/3Ds) and Wolf (Only Brawl), summon their Land master, which is the tank. Fox's Land master does better on the ground than the air, while Falco's is just the opposite. Wolf's Land master is an extreme powerhouse, but lasts only a little bit. You can have fun with the tank! One of the most versatile final smashes. You can shoot out of your blaster, fly the enemies of a screen, push them off stage, run them over, and the classic "Do a barrel roll!" Though, this isn't considered a barrel roll. Anyways, still an epic final smash and my favorite.
"I set my ATM card's number to "0001" because I'm number one!"
Oasis

Top 10 Super Mario 64 Worlds (Bowser's Worlds are not included.) And just a quick reminder about personal opinion, because this might be way out of there for some people.

Number 10: Snowman's Land

Ah Snowman's Land. A magnificent winter wonderland. There is only one reason that this beat Cool Cool Mountain by a fraction. The igloo. I felt like it was a really cool feature (I loved it more than the slide) and although the levels were a tad bit challenging and more annoying, the igloo was the cherry on top. And because of the annoyingness, Snowman's Land barely clocked at number 10.

Number 9: Tiny Huge Island

Who can forget our beloved friend Wiggler and the two paintings? Entering a huge painting makes the world huge, but you small. But, if you enter the tiny painting, you are huge, in a tiny world. We can race Koopa the Quick once more, an added bonus. Also, the fish that gulped you, that fish gave me nightmares, and what kind of fish wears a sunglass? That fish does! The huge piranha plant were also fun to kill.

Number 8: Whomp's Fortress

Super Mario Galaxy 2 sure does flare the nostalgia doesn't it? Whomp's Fortress would be one of the most memorable places, but I remember having nightmares for one mission. The King Whomp was fun to ground pound against and the level design was pretty epic also. The fortress, rotating platforms, a pond like area where we can splash around, and who can forget the owl? Definitely, a good level, but 7 other levels would like to say so otherwise.

Number 7: Big Boo's Haunt

Big Boo's Haunt, the equivalent of a Haunted House from Super Mario World. The level is quite huge as there are 2 rooms and a basement. You can also hang out outside, under the moon, while the music plays. We also see Big Boo, not King Boo, mind you. We fight him thrice, after defeating boo's, on the balcony, and in the basement. The merry go round is a fun place to be also. Don't let the music drive you to the point of insanity! Also, just a quick warning, don't touch the piano, no matter how tempting......!

Number 6: Lethal Lava Land

What better than entering a scary painting into a place filled with lava? The music is pretty crisp also. There are quite some things to do outside. Are you bored? Do you want to perhaps roll a log? Collect red coins on Bowser's moving picture? Circle around Mr. I? Ride a shell all over lava? Go for it! One of the most memorable, hilarious things I remember was Mario holding his butt while screaming as he was burned by lava. His eyes also turned into X's and even after he ran out of lives, the process would continue. That is not all, as you can go into the volcano for another environment! Have fun and don't get burned!

Number 5: Shifting Sand Land

Shifting Sand Land is a dangerous place to be in. Seriously. Do you want to sink into quicksand? Thought not. Would you like to be crushed by a Tox Box? Nope. Heck, you could even drown there if you wanted to. The shifting sand land, like lethal lava land has 2 parts. The outside, and the interior of the pyramid. I will go to the interior later. You could have your cap stolen by a condor. That guy has a star in his talons and once you steal it from him, he is going to steal your hat. Don't let that happen to you. Also, by standing tall on 4 pillars, you can access to battle against Eye rock and that is where the pyramid's interior comes in. You can explore all you want as you see even more quicksands and some big rolling things. I like how they have "mummified" Thwomps also.

Number 4: Bob-omb Battlefield

Bob-omb battlefield, does nostalgia strike like a wave again? This is the very first place you can have access to and it is quite fun to explore. You can battle the bob-omb king on top of the summit where you must throw him on his back three times. I'm sure some of you, like me, were tempted to throw him off the ledge. Well, he comes back up, and says it's against the rules. You also battle Koopa the Quick the first time and do not cheat! It is also the home for a wing cap in which you can fly around the whole place and basically, this is the place to just have fun. You can't kill yourself by jumping off the ledge, so that's another plus. Also, would you like to unleash the Chain Chomp that is chained to a log? Watch out though, he can be really gnarly! Also, there are water cannons that would want to pound you, so watch out also!

Number 3: Wet-Dry World

Ah, so we are down to the top 3! I hope these choices don't piss you guys off! Hint: They are all water levels. I have a thing for water levels and there is like some sort of bond between me and them. I mean, seriously, I love water levels very much. I don't really care about the controls that much, but what I care about is either the music, or the overall scenery and how relaxed it makes me feel. You can touch prisms which will either make the water level rise or the water level fall, whichever suits your situation. The outside of wet dry world doesn't really mean much to me, but the town is what gave it the third place. I will get into the town a bit later. The outside is just water heaven as the whole place can be filled with water. You also have those purple guys that can throw you so be careful of him. Nothing much there, but once you go into a cannon and get shot into this cage, you can meet the town. Wow, look at the town. It is basically a deserted town. I don't know why, but I love that place so much! There is a rumor that says that the town was once populous, but a rise in water level drowned everyone there and it has been abandoned since.....

Number 2: Jolly Roger Bay

Immediately once you enter this bay, you succumb to the music. All Nintendo fans have to have at least heard about his music in their lifetime. People claim this is the number one Mario song and I can definitely agree. The type of music I love are the calm ones, instead of the loud ones. Also, Jolly Roger Bay is where the music first appears, but people give credit to Dire Dire Docks for some reason. The music and water are the two main reasons this is at the number 2 spot. You can explore the place all you want and never get bored of it! Also, have you guys met the eel? The eel's star is so hard to get and coaxing him out is pretty hard also. During the first mission, you can go inside the sunken ship and go to the top. Going inside the sunken ship made me think. What caused the shipwreck? Were there people in there? The drums also come in and I don't know why, but the song feels like it will tell me something. I've never had a level made me think hard and get serious. There is also a room where there are pillars that will fall on you and threaten to crush you and there is a treasure chest which you must hit in order unless you want to be shocked. Jolly Roger Bay is an enigma, but what could possibly beat Jolly Roger Bay? Here it is!

Spoiler
Number 1: Dire Dire Docks

I'm sure most of you guys figured this out since I gave you the hint, but Dire Dire Docks is my number 1 level. Something about it just draws me to it. When I play Super Mario 64, I tend to go Dire Dire Docks and just hang out there for a while before leaving. I know, it's weird, but hey, I don't really care. Dire Dire Docks will always have a special place in my heart. Bowser's ship that is docked there is an added extra. And guess what? The music reappears! I love it! This level is one of the smallest levels, but it has many things incorporated into it. I loved going to the moving poles and just retrieving all the red coins. Dire Dire Docks is split into two parts and the second part has no enemies so you can just chill out there, thinking, listening to the beautiful music. Also, do you see the black hole off to the side? Well, don't go in there unless you want an escape as it will suck you in and you will fall into the water at the castle's exterior. Dire dire docks also has missions that are not tricky and don't require many skill, so I could just lollygag and daydream while collecting the stars and explore the whole. Bowser's ship which was docked the first time disappears once you defeat Bowser in the Fire Sea. You will never ever see the ship again once it is gone and no, you can't keep the ship as it will prevent you from getting a star there. This place also has only 106 stars which are scattered, so have fun exploring my number 1 favorite level!
[close]
Oasis

Top 10 Super Mario Galaxies from Galaxy 1
My favorite galaxies from galaxy 1. Music will not count as it will be a separate category.

Number 10: Ghostly Galaxy

Ghostly Galaxy is also a real enigma. After all, Boo's are mysterious creatures. This is the galaxy where you get Luigi introduced and he has been kidnapped! We can also turn into Boo's to help save Luigi. Though, what I find weird is how the ghosts act towards you. That makes me wonder if the boos are female or genderless.

Number 9: Sea Slide Galaxy

Seaslide galaxy is a fun galaxy where you can swim all day long! As its name implies, it contains the sea and the slide, though you should watch out for the edges because they are really dangerous. Also, the water fountain thing that squirts like a rainbow when you twist a gear is also a cool plus. Also, we get to race Guppy again, though he kind of freaks me out.

Number 8: Melty Molten Galaxy

An extremely dangerous galaxy and the home to one of the toughest daredevil missions ever. This galaxy is no joke and you are at risk of getting burned to a crisp in this galaxy. This is also home to one of the coolest scenery where there is like a huge obstacle course filled with lava and you have to roll the ball across. The sinking lava spire is cool also, but brings painful memories.

Number 7: Dreadnought Galaxy

Sometimes, I don't understand people. Why do people hate this galaxy? It's actually really cool looking and the missions are pretty cool also! I love how they also incorporate the water to make it fit and it also has one of the hardest purple coin mission. I prefer this over Battlerock and I stand by this decision because this place had way more things to do.

Number 6: Dusty Dunes Galaxy

Some people like to hate against this galaxy because it is a desert and some missions are tiring, but I love this galaxy because there are tons to explore and tons more sceneries to enjoy. Those tornado's were fun to go in because we'd fly extremely high and I love the tower that drops down. I love this galaxy very much.

Number 5: Gusty Garden Galaxy

This galaxy is really a fun galaxy, but it poses some challenges. You are basically in "fruit" paradise and you get to find a worm who has decided to bury himself in an apple. You also get to ride white flowers and fight Major Burrows. The only thing I dislike is the purple coin mission and ugh, you guessed it, bunnies. They are cute, but very annoying.

Number 4: Beach Bowl Galaxy

You know a place where I would like to live? Here. I'd build my house on top of that ledge and just enjoy the view of the water, the waterfalls, and penguins playing around. I would not visit the stone cyclone as I don't want to be crushed or sucked into the black hole. But most of all, penguins! They are so adorable. <3

Number 3: Toy Time Galaxy

Nostalgia strikes again! Man, I love that feeling! This galaxy is really fun and sometimes really tasty also! The toys are very cool and that train you ride around the tracks with the toad! Orgasmic! Basically, I love this galaxy to death, especially when we battle against Mecha Bowser. Battling him is very cool as it isn't your typical boss fight.

Number 2: Deep Dark Galaxy

Deep Dark Galaxy is another one of my favorite galaxies. I just love the mysterious, creepy vibe it gives. You get to rebattle Kamella and shoot turtle shells at her face. You get to explore the deep darkest waters and hopefully wish that you don't get a jumpscare......

Spoiler
Number 1: Freezeflame Galaxy

Ah Freezeflame Galaxy, one of the coolest galaxies ever! They incorporate 2 elements that despise each other: fire and ice. In one mission you are in a chilly place tackling Barron Brrrr and later, you are in this lava filled place, then there is the time when hot and cold are in the same environment and you see these 2 elements back and forth. Pretty damn cool level design and it is just epic.
[close]
HeartofChaos

Just gonna give my own personal opinions on your choices because I love Galaxy. I'm not here to criticize so don't take it the wrong way.

#10: I agree. The boo's are really weird and remember that this is home to one of the hardest purple stars! Possibly harder than Gusty Garden's purple coins, due to its limited amount of time and the Bouldergeist Daredevil was a pain also.
#9: Didn't really think much of the galaxy. It was good visually but the missions were repetitive and bland.
#8: I hated this galaxy, only because the lava spire daredevil run. I died countless times and even when I had player 2 to help me, I still died a lot.
#7: Well, people hate it because they claim that everything was stolen and I don't particularly agree, but that level didn't stick out to me.
#6: I'm part of the people that hate desert levels because they are a pain. The missions are overly long and I just don't like quicksand in general.
#5: This would be my number 1, but it'd drop down to 3 or 4 if music wasn't judged. Plain fun and enjoyable.
#4: I thought this place was too small and the missions were quite uninteresting, but the scenery was great.
#3: My number 1 galaxy, but Luigi's Purple coins was a pain. And that thing came back to haunt me in Galaxy 2, Mario Squared Galaxy.
#2: This galaxy, I would have to disagree. It was just a pushover and I didn't like it at all, but hey, your opinion.
#1: Interesting. Freezeflame would be in my top 5 and I can't disagree with anything you say here.

But hey, where is Space Junk? Wasn't it good?
If all mankind were to disappear, the world would regenerate back to the rich state of equilibrium that existed ten thousand years ago. If insects were to vanish, the environment would collapse into chaos.

Oasis

The music was the only thing that was good to me, but other than that, I'm not that fond of it.
Tobbeh99

Sm4sh list:

6) Both the one from Brawl and the one from Sm4sh was really cool! The Brawl one was kind of unique how people fell asleep and trip and etc., and the one from Sm4sh was more iconic with the character

1) This one is really cool. You can KO people with the laser, the roll and of the top! I though it would be great if Falco could get an airship and fly around and shoot, making him less of a clone character. But his quote when he does his final smash is iconic at least! 

On the topic of Smash, could you do a top 10 (or whatever) smash characters (from any game)? Would be cool to see your list. But you don't have to if don't want to obviously.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Sebastian

Very interesting for your Super Mario 64 list.....I agree except the water levels would be on my top 5 worst :P

Altissimo

lol tiny huge island is my absolute least favorite in the game

have u ever tried to collect all the coins in it
it's kind of horrendous

SlowPokemon

Dire Dire Docks is worse--there are only 106 coins in the course, so you basically need to collect every single coin to get the star. Took me forever, I finally had to use a walkthrough.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Altissimo

But you can do it all in one sitting because DDD is so easy! THI took me hours

Oasis

@Tobbeh: Oh yeah! Negative zone would you get an immediate K.O if you did the up b move, but poltergeist would be more fitting as it gives credit to Luigi mansion and is more relevant.
And Falco's line was cool also. Only if wolf was here too. And I'll do that next! The top 10 smash characters! Good idea!

@Mariolegofan: Thanks! And yeah, many people hate water levels but they were still fun and enchanting!

@Altissimo: Ahh the 100 coins, I feel you. That place is huge, and without a walkthrough, it'd be a nightmare.

@Slow: Yeah, but thank God that place was was so small, and most of the coins were in a ring. I remember always being sucked into the black void and having to complete it over again. T.T
HeartofChaos

What? No! Tiny huge island had 191 coins, it's easy, just kill the goomba for blue coins! 191 coins people.
If all mankind were to disappear, the world would regenerate back to the rich state of equilibrium that existed ten thousand years ago. If insects were to vanish, the environment would collapse into chaos.

Altissimo

It's crazy easy to get 100 coins, it's just ridiculous to get all 191. Which I've done because I am masochistic

HeartofChaos

You want tough? Try rainbow ride. Compared to rainbow rode, THI is nothing, nada, zilch.
And ah, you were talking about all 191, makes sense then.