The "Fixing the Sheets" Project - Super Mario 64

Started by Latios212, September 19, 2015, 09:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altissimo

I know that we're going off titles as given by the OST or something but I think when the name is something unrelated like "Cave Dungeon" then maybe we should call it actually Hazy Maze Cave or whatever. I know we strive for title accuracy to the greatest possible extent but we also have a significant fanbase that are not aware of the OST having different names and "Cave Dungeon" is just gonna be confusing to someone who probably expects to see (almost) every level name represented.

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Brawler4Ever

The ost really doesn't make sense. The song for lethal lava land and shifting sand land is named after the former, but the song for hazy maze cave and wet dry world is called cave dungeon. But it also plays in the pyramid in shifting sand land, while the song for bob omb battlefield plays for that level, thwomps fortress, and tall tall mountain. And Slider is found in the rainbow cruise level and the clock level, on top of the sliding areas.

If anything, the ost is very inconsistent.  :P
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Sebastian

I agree, but I think we should use since it is official.

Sebastian

Latios and I fixed Dire, Dire Docks. It's in the Dropbox Folder.
I only fixed the formatting and checked the notes.

Sebastian

Piranha Plant's Lullaby (Piano) needed almost no edits. It is in the dropbox folder.

Latios212

Cool.

PSA if anyone has any SM64 arrangements that aren't replacements we'll still take them.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Brawler4Ever

Remaining Songs
"It's-a Me, Mario!" (Original title: "It's me, Mario!") (Voice: Charles Martinet)
Title Theme (used at the beginning of game)
Peach's Message (used when Peach reads her letter)
Opening (used when Lakitu first appears)
Toad's Message (Original title: Kinopio's Message) (used when talking to Toad)
Power Star (used when freeing a Power Star)
Star Catch Fanfare (used after Mario collects a Power Star)
Game Start (used at the beginning of every main course)
Course Clear (used at the end of any main course's level)
Game Over (used after Mario runs out of lives)
Stage Boss (used in only four of the stage boss battles in the game: King Bob-omb in Bob-omb Battlefield, the Whomp King in Whomp's Fortress, Eyerok in Shifting Sand Land, and Wiggler in Tiny-Huge Island)
Koopa's Message (used at the beginning of game when the player enters the castle)
Ultimate Koopa Clear (used after clearing the final Bowser battle)
Ending Demo (used when Mario is freeing Peach from the castle walls)
[close]

Most of these are just sound effects, but this is a list of all of the songs on the soundtrack that are not listed in the OP. I can't find a soundtrack for the DS version...

Sebastian

I can probably do all the sound effects unless someone else wants to?
And this song is absent from the OST for some reason:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CATsx1LRKg

And here is Power Star:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bmnv34t19rwqdko/Super%20Mario%2064%20-%20Power%20Star.mus?dl=0

JDMEK5

I have no idea if it's been addressed yet but I don't think the "Medley" should remain on the site at all. The only special value it currently contains is the fact that it has the "Opening" music in it (which I'm claiming here).
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Sebastian

I would have to agree, but only the arranger can remove his sheets from the site. The Updaters can remove sheets from the site, but you would need the arranger's consent.

Brawler4Ever

I'm pretty sure that jamaha can do whatever he wants to do with the sheets on his site. I don't know if that extends to the updaters, but I'm fairly confident that it does. Every time a replacement is accepted, the original arranger's sheet is removed, with or without their consent.

As for medleys, they're mentioned in the WSYSLL thread, but that might refer to sheets that are found in the soundtrack of a game, that are medleys. TMP'smedley is not found on the soundtrack, so I'm not sure.

Sebastian

When we fixed Paper Mario, we fixed all the songs including the Paper Mario Medley.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: mariolegofan on September 22, 2015, 10:11:01 AMI would have to agree, but only the arranger can remove his sheets from the site. The Updaters can remove sheets from the site, but you would need the arranger's consent.
Then we update it with the new sheet, and the new arranger agrees to have it taken down. Problem solved!
Assuming we don't count the whole "free-will" thing. But Mariopianist wouldn't have anything like that... right?