News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

The UNOFFICIAL Undertale Arrangement Project

Started by Yug_Guy, September 30, 2015, 04:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should I keep the claiming system in place?

Yes. I feel better knowing that someone else won't try to arrange the same song as I am.
No. I'd like to arrange the songs I want on my time, not on someone else's whim.
Doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

Latios212

Quote from: braixen1264 on November 03, 2015, 08:07:33 AMEDIT: or you could just keep submiting the unformatted stuff until the notes and stuff are perfect. Then the final thing would be all formatted to NSM's standards
ehh not really. Contrary to popular belief, the submissions board is only for sheets that, to the extent of your knowledge, are ready to be on site. There are resources to help you get your stuff formatted (and thanks for volunteering to help Braix) and you should use them BEFORE submitting. This is better because:
- You won't passively wait for someone to drop by your submission to help with formatting; you'll get a much faster response by asking someone directly or in the topic.
- This reduces unnecessary clogging up of the submissions board with extra posts, which makes it easier for updaters to sift through.
- Updaters are less likely to check over a sheet with incorrect formatting, because that's an inefficient use of their time. Many people can fix formatting, and updaters should use their time running final checks on sheets rather than fixing basic formatting issues.

So, short answer - please get formatting fixed before you submit. There are people willing to help facilitate that, all you have to do is ask! :)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

ThePopStarDude

I see. Thank you! I'll keep that in mind for the future.
I DON'T NEED FRIENDS!
I'VE GOT KNIVES!

...


I'm out of knives.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: insaneintherain on November 02, 2015, 09:06:43 PMHey all, long time no see on here. I saw that one of you referred to NSM in a comment that one of you left on my video, and I thought I'd drop in. If this is any help, here's my own transcription of Heartache from Undertale.
I've also got It's Raining Somewhere Else, but it looks as if one of you has finished that already. Here's my transcription anyway.
Glad to see that NSM is still going and it's found some new people, I use your site quite often when I make my videos ^^
Oh hey, nice to see you here! Love your covers btw :D

Quote from: InsigTurtle on November 03, 2015, 04:07:46 AMI had a couple of minutes to spare, so I decided to do this.
Problem is, (as I've mentioned to someone here), I can't use specific tools (midi, articulation, expression) without having Finale crashing. So I can't do anything about dynamics or such until Finale releases an update for that, which they said they would do in November.
It's a quickie, only 8 measures, so I'd appreciate if someone could mess around with the file. Thanks.
Have you gotten anyone to do it yet? I can quick try it if no one else has yet.

Quote from: Latios212 on November 03, 2015, 09:43:34 AMehh not really. Contrary to popular belief, the submissions board is only for sheets that, to the extent of your knowledge, are ready to be on site. There are resources to help you get your stuff formatted (and thanks for volunteering to help Braix) and you should use them BEFORE submitting. This is better because:
- You won't passively wait for someone to drop by your submission to help with formatting; you'll get a much faster response by asking someone directly or in the topic.
- This reduces unnecessary clogging up of the submissions board with extra posts, which makes it easier for updaters to sift through.
- Updaters are less likely to check over a sheet with incorrect formatting, because that's an inefficient use of their time. Many people can fix formatting, and updaters should use their time running final checks on sheets rather than fixing basic formatting issues.
So, short answer - please get formatting fixed before you submit. There are people willing to help facilitate that, all you have to do is ask! :)
One thing I just want to mention is I'll take any sheet in any condition for this project, but if you plan on submitting anything then I'd suggest listening to Latios here.

And last but not least, I'd like to show off my new body arrangement! - Metal Crusher

InsigTurtle

#198

Bespinben

Quote from: Yug_Guy on November 03, 2015, 10:12:25 AMAnd last but not least, I'd like to show off my new body arrangement! - Metal Crusher
Remember, the leading tone of G# minor is Fx, not G natural. By extension, you also need to spell all D naturals as Cx. If you've listened to Chopin's Nocturne's you've probably heard this type of chromaticism before.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Yug_Guy

#200
Quote from: Bespinben on November 04, 2015, 01:23:30 AMRemember, the leading tone of G# minor is Fx, not G natural. By extension, you also need to spell all D naturals as Cx.
I did not know that. To be honest, I hadn't heard of that type of notation until I joined this site. I'll have to brush up on when/where/how to use it for next time. I'll fix my sheet as soon as I can.

EDIT: Metal Crusher has been fixed and updated.

Quote from: Bespinben on November 04, 2015, 01:23:30 AMIf you've listened to Chopin's Nocturne's you've probably heard this type of chromaticism before.
Never heard it in my life. Oh god, that means I'm uncultured, doesn't it...

Bespinben

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Bespinben on November 05, 2015, 06:27:07 PMMy contribution to the project.
Quote from: Bespinben on November 05, 2015, 06:18:55 PMA wild Froggit appeared!

[PC] UNDERTALE

9.) Enemy Approaching:
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [MP3]

Awesomesauce!  :D  I was wondering if someone was going to eventually do the battle theme. Nice job!

dinos24SP

@Bespinben That arrangement is sooo good! Like seriously one of the best ones of any of these! (Do more plz)

ThePopStarDude

@Bespinben That is amazing! Really shows what kind of transcriptions I have to live up to here.
I DON'T NEED FRIENDS!
I'VE GOT KNIVES!

...


I'm out of knives.

Nebbles

Psssh, Bespin showin' everyone up with his mad skills.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

JesterMusician

Quote from: Bespinben on November 05, 2015, 06:27:07 PMMy contribution to the project.


It's really good! Sorry to nitpick, but
  • You have a hidden rest in 29.
  • You should slur all grace note groups.
  • Sometimes you use grace notes and sometimes arpeggios for what sounds like the same effect - I'm not sure if that inconsistency is intentional or not.
  • Unless the crescendo only applies to the right hand, it should go between the staves. There's no time value between the end of 10 and beginning of 11 so I would end the crescendo at the end of 10.
  • Slurs should go on the notehead side, except in multi-voice contexts, or to be clear of dynamics. The slur in 6 and the first slur of 9 should therefore go below the staff. The second slur in 9 has mixed stem direction, so the slur would normally go above the stave, but since there is a beam in the way, it should also go below. (See Behind Bars p. 110)

braix

Quote from: ThePopStarDude on November 02, 2015, 10:50:31 AMHey, guys! Insaneintherainmusic is making a Home cover, in which Undertale fans can be a part of the chorus. Check it out! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4TPGrJ6Zks
Just a reminder that this is the last day(or at least I believe so) if anyone here was planning on contributing to this cover
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

ThePopStarDude

I DON'T NEED FRIENDS!
I'VE GOT KNIVES!

...


I'm out of knives.

JesterMusician

Yugi let me have Megalovania, and now the first draft is up! Still need to add in staccatos and maybe reconsider some voicings or octaves, but it's pretty complete already!

[MID][MUS][PDF]

MuseScore