News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Undertale

Started by Nebbles, October 06, 2015, 08:53:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 13, 2015, 11:06:24 PMHaven't played it yet and plan to try it out over the break, but this is absurd and seems like a hype thing.

Our discussion or the contest?
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FireArrow

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 14, 2015, 05:41:42 AMBoth, really.

I kinda both hate and love undertale at the same time. It really is a great game, but the tumblr hype is almost killing me because fuck tumblr.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mikey

The game is so much better on genocide, I recommend everyone new to undertale to start with it
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 14, 2015, 10:58:42 PMThe game is so much better on genocide, I recommend everyone new to undertale to start with it

Noted. I think I'll start it up sometime this week.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dudeman

Just fair warning, it does take quite a bit of time to do the genocide run if you don't have a lot of patience. There's quite a bit of grinding involved. But hey, if you wanna start with genocide, more power to you.

Oh, and it does ruin the soundtrack.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

Quote from: Dudeman on December 14, 2015, 11:17:23 PMJust fair warning, it does take quite a bit of time to do the genocide run if you don't have a lot of patience. There's quite a bit of grinding involved. But hey, if you wanna start with genocide, more power to you.

Oh, and it does ruin the soundtrack.
"patience"
as if trying every single boss battle dozens of times requires less patience
unmotivated

FireArrow

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 14, 2015, 11:12:51 PMNoted. I think I'll start it up sometime this week.

The entire premise of Undertale is that your actions have consequences and you can't undo them - you're not gonna have a good time doing genocide for the first play through if you intend to replay the game for the other endings.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Nebbles

It's pretty recommended you at least do a neutral run first before anything, because genocide does lock you out of the true ending if you're interested in getting that.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Sebastian

I really wanna play this game.
Is it kinda like the butterfly effect or just two different ways to play?

Dudeman

It's more along the lines of the butterfly effect, but it's dependent upon how many enemies you kill as opposed to sparing them. There are a lot of possible neutral endings as a result, but there's only one true Pacifist ending and one Genocide ending.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BrainyLucario

Quote from: mariolegofan on December 15, 2015, 07:39:48 AMI really wanna play this game.
Is it kinda like the butterfly effect or just two different ways to play?
The game remembers your actions, even on completely different plays. This affects the dialogue and even the music. I would recommend you try and go for a pacifist ending first (not killing anyone), for doing the genocide run first may prevent you from getting the true pacifist ending. 
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Sebastian

Ah, sounds like an awesome game.

Nebbles

It really is super interesting how every action effects the game.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

braix

affect =/= effect

sorry
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.