News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

Undertale

Started by Nebbles, October 06, 2015, 08:53:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 15, 2015, 11:51:17 PMMaybe I should hold off on getting this game...
I can see why you might be uncertain about getting this game, but trust me.... This game is worth every struggle. The characters are unforgettable. The story is touching (on Pacifist at least). And the way the game constantly finds new ways to mess with you is truly ingenious.
Spoiler
The annoying dog stealing the ancient treasure you get when you solve the piano puzzle.
[close]
Trust me.... It will leave you laughing, crying, or wanting more.
It is your choice ,however, and you have to be the one that makes it.
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

Quote from: BrainyLucario on December 16, 2015, 05:29:49 AMI can see why you might be uncertain about getting this game, but trust me.... This game is worth every struggle. The characters are unforgettable. The story is touching (on Pacifist at least). And the way the game constantly finds new ways to mess with you is truly ingenious.
Spoiler
The annoying dog stealing the ancient treasure you get when you solve the piano puzzle.
[close]
Trust me.... It will leave you laughing, crying, or wanting more.
It is your choice ,however, and you have to be the one that makes it.
you should really add a few "might"'s in there cause I a) found the game NOT worth the struggle, b) found the characters very forgetful, and c) did not laugh, cry, or want more
unmotivated

BrainyLucario

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 16, 2015, 08:23:20 AMyou should really add a few "might"'s in there cause I a) found the game NOT worth the struggle, b) found the characters very forgetful, and c) did not laugh, cry, or want more
Did you even play it all the way through? If you did, then why do you hate it? If it was so bad, you wouldn't have even bothered to complete it.

Dudeman

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 15, 2015, 11:30:31 PM
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 15, 2015, 10:47:57 PMitems brah
I used em all in battles and wanted to get them again
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 15, 2015, 10:47:57 PMused
I know, I get that. I'm pretty sure any items you use reappear when you respawn at a savepoint. Except for maybe in the Papyrus battle because death works differently in that one? Can anyone back me up on this?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Clanker37

^Yes, I think that's right. I got back all of my healing items each time I was beaten by Undyne.

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Dudeman on December 16, 2015, 09:24:18 AMI know, I get that. I'm pretty sure any items you use reappear when you respawn at a savepoint. Except for maybe in the Papyrus battle because death works differently in that one? Can anyone back me up on this?
Yeah in the Papyrus battle, when you die:
Spoiler
He captures you and tries to keep you in his shed ( building next to his house)
[close]

mikey

Quote from: BrainyLucario on December 16, 2015, 08:33:29 AMDid you even play it all the way through? If you did, then why do you hate it? If it was so bad, you wouldn't have even bothered to complete it.
No, but I tried.  For reasons I already explained.  Multiple times.  At length.

Quote from: Dudeman on December 16, 2015, 09:24:18 AMI know, I get that. I'm pretty sure any items you use reappear when you respawn at a savepoint. Except for maybe in the Papyrus battle because death works differently in that one? Can anyone back me up on this?
I definitely didn't get my items back
for example I have no items battling mettaton EX now
unmotivated

Nebbles

That's really weird, you should get all your items back if you die and reload at a savepoint.

BrainyLucario

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 16, 2015, 11:37:34 AMNo, but I tried.  For reasons I already explained.  Multiple times.  At length.
Then that's the reason you didn't feel this way...... I'm not going to spoil anything, but the True Pacifist ending is just so touching...

Nebbles

He's not gonna budge on his opinion. It's his opinion, and it's the way he's gonna feel about the game. Can't do much about it.

Anyway, I've been using a lot of determination to get myself through finals... it's been working.

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Nebbles on December 16, 2015, 05:50:29 PMHe's not gonna budge on his opinion. It's his opinion, and it's the way he's gonna feel about the game. Can't do much about it.

Anyway, I've been using a lot of determination to get myself through finals... it's been working.
His loss...
Good luck on your finals, by the way, Nebbles!

Nebbles

Thank you! With enough determination, I know I will pass.

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Nebbles on December 16, 2015, 06:09:04 PMThank you! With enough determination, I know I will pass.
What about.........DETEMMIENATION.....
Did you ever catch this little easter egg in Temmie village?

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on December 15, 2015, 10:34:06 PMslight OBJECTION!!

I dunno, I think I beat muffet on my third try. The only bosses that I found particularly difficult were Undyne and Mettaton, and even then it wasn't to the point where I felt frustrated.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department