News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Do NOT update your Wii!

Started by KefkaticFanatic, June 17, 2008, 07:28:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

AND DON'T UPDATE IT NOW EITHER.

THEY MADE IT SO YOU CAN'T FULLY USE EVERYTHING RIGHT FOR HOMEBREW.

me irl
[close]

Parker2334

I woke up during the night and my Wii's blue light thingy was flashing.
THESE BIG RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST.

iatetheinternet

The FREELOADER! ...why?... whats the point?

Soon i'll eat YOU!!!

KefkaticFanatic

D: What's the point?  You can play games from any country in any other country!  (So guys in Europe and Australia can play Brawl!)  VERY helpful to help counter Nintendo's terrible PAL releases.

me irl
[close]

Shiny Boy

I'm already feeling stupid for asking, but what's the twilight hack?
Bow to me, for I am...Shiny Boy!

Akiro

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0-AMbr11xQ0

It basically puts a really long name for your horse when you start the game and then the game crashes and you have everything.

KefkaticFanatic

It exploits a hole in Twilight Princess so that you can run your own scripts and executable files. (.elf)

There are tons of emulators and homebrew apps, but the main reason they're cracking down on it is because you can pirate VC games and Wiiware titles.

me irl
[close]

Tompa

Nintendo are so evil... A lot of European people bought a freeloader in order to play Brawl earlier and a week before the release of the European release of the game, they make an update which destroys the freeloader so you have to buy the PAL game as well.

Assholes.

Dihan

I'm glad I didn't update. It's also a good job the Freeloader can get around disc updates too.

Besides, there are no other games I really want for the Wii... Except for the next Mario or Zelda game in 5 years time.

iatetheinternet

Quote from: Gamer4250 on June 17, 2008, 09:58:34 AMD: What's the point?  You can play games from any country in any other country!  (So guys in Europe and Australia can play Brawl!)  VERY helpful to help counter Nintendo's terrible PAL releases.
But it still makes them money because you have to buy the games too.

Soon i'll eat YOU!!!

Dihan

I guess the problem is that the different branches of the company would lose out. For example, if the Freeloader wasn't blocked then the EU sales of Brawl would be lower than what it should be...

There's also how, like any company, they're capitalists and want us to buy their games as the European currencies are superior to the dollar. It makes them lose out on money overall.

I got Brawl online for $30, that's about £15. It will be on sale here for, probably, £40. That's about $80 for those not in the know. There's a reason why Europe is considered a larger video game market than North America. We pay more.

Nintendo of Europe does suck though.

WiiMan96

Too late  :'(

There goes my FreeLoader! I was forced to buy Brawl again, stupid NoE / NoAu  >:(

Dude

Don't update unless you don't plan on getting the HBC...

The-Real-Link

I live in the states so I don't need the homebrew channel. We get most of the good stuff a couple of months after Japan anyway. The only thing we never got that we should have was Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix +, but that was Sony so, well, yea. We're getting RE:Chain of Memories next month, so maybe they'll finally release the entire Final Mix soon.

Dude

TRL: Wtf are you talking about? Japan always gets stuff before we do.