Game: Kid Icarus
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Overworld
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: WandringMinstrel

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

WandringMinstrel

Less is More. Show, Don't Tell. God is in the Details.
My Arrangements Thread: http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=7510.0

WandringMinstrel

Edited the sheet to include slurs and other small articulation changes.

mastersuperfan

I think the right hand part in m6 should be changed to Layer 1 simply because there are no other layers, even if it's a continuation of Layer 2 from the previous measure. Not certain, though.

That interval on the second beat of m13 and m17 looks a little too big for the majority of pianists.

There's a missing voice in the right hand of m12 and m16.

Otherwise, great arrangement!
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Olimar12345

-You must have at least one opening dynamic mark.

-remove the forward repeat bar at the beginning, as it is unnecessary.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

WandringMinstrel

Quote from: mastersuperfan on December 28, 2015, 07:00:27 AMI think the right hand part in m6 should be changed to Layer 1 simply because there are no other layers, even if it's a continuation of Layer 2 from the previous measure. Not certain, though.
Not really necessary, since it'll look the same when published. For those looking at the .mus file I kept as a shorthand to let the reader know it's the same voice (and so I didn't have to switch back and forth as much while writing).

Quote from: mastersuperfan on December 28, 2015, 07:00:27 AMThat interval on the second beat of m13 and m17 looks a little too big for the majority of pianists.
It's not necessarily meant to be played as written; an instance of allowing the performer to choose whether to cut the minim down to a crotchet, extend the note with pedal, or reach the 11th if able. This type of implied writing is common in Romantic era music.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on December 28, 2015, 07:00:27 AMThere's a missing voice in the right hand of m12 and m16.
Uh...is there? I'm not sure what you mean here, there are as many voices in those measures as there needs to be. Could you clarify?

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 28, 2015, 08:15:17 AM-You must have at least one opening dynamic mark.
I keep forgetting you guys ask for those.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 28, 2015, 08:15:17 AM-remove the forward repeat bar at the beginning, as it is unnecessary.
Huh. I usually add those to emphasize the "looping" of this kind of music, and no one's mentioned it before. If it's a style thing for site consistency, that's fine, just let me know.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: WandringMinstrel on December 28, 2015, 01:14:18 PMNot really necessary, since it'll look the same when published. For those looking at the .mus file I kept as a shorthand to let the reader know it's the same voice (and so I didn't have to switch back and forth as much while writing).

Quote from: mariolegofan on November 23, 2015, 01:36:55 PMUnfortunately, according to the formatting guidelines, you shouldn't have things in other layers for no reason.

Well, I guess your reasoning about keeping it as the same voice justifies it, although it still bothers me a bit.

Quote from: WandringMinstrel on December 28, 2015, 01:14:18 PMUh...is there? I'm not sure what you mean here, there are as many voices in those measures as there needs to be. Could you clarify?

Though, most pianists will probably have to cut the third quarter note short because of that 11th.

Quote from: WandringMinstrel on December 28, 2015, 01:14:18 PMHuh. I usually add those to emphasize the "looping" of this kind of music, and no one's mentioned it before. If it's a style thing for site consistency, that's fine, just let me know.

I prefer not to have unnecessary repeats at the beginning (and so does Olimar, it seems), but others don't seem to mind. It just seems to be a matter of preference, and sheets have been accepted with it.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

WandringMinstrel

I cut those notes since they makes the arpeggios impractical and don't really add much. If I were to keep any of them, it would probably be the last G since it leads to the F# in the next measure.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: WandringMinstrel on December 28, 2015, 01:40:45 PMI cut those notes since they makes the arpeggios impractical and don't really add much. If I were to keep any of them, it would probably be the last G since it leads to the F# in the next measure.

Do note, though, that the upper voice does not play the Eb during the first beat.

WandringMinstrel

The lower voice does, so the chord is not unclear.

mastersuperfan

What I mean to say is, you have the upper voice playing G-Eb-G-Bb, when there should be a rest where the Eb is.

WandringMinstrel

I double checked, and the way I have [the top voice] written is correct. The first voice might sound like it's silent the on the second semiquaver value of beat one, but only because it's overlapping with the Eb in the second voice (in the original version of the song). Slowing down the chiptune makes it easier to hear the arpeggio moving from G-Eb-G-Bb in the first beat of the measure.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: WandringMinstrel on December 28, 2015, 01:56:49 PMI double checked, and the way I have [the top voice] written is correct. The first voice might sound like it's silent the on the second semiquaver value of beat one, but only because it's overlapping with the Eb in the second voice (in the original version of the song). Slowing down the chiptune makes it easier to hear the arpeggio moving from G-Eb-G-Bb in the first beat of the measure.

Hmm, you must have a better ear than me, then. I can't hear it, even after slowing it down. I'll take your word for it, then.

WandringMinstrel

WandringMinstrel