Series: Other
Game: Undertale
Console: PC
Title: Bergentrückung
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: mastersuperfan

mastersuperfan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivzBeEwzWI

Well, since my other submission was getting no feedback despite being only 3 measures long, I decided to delete it and submit this one for now instead.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Why do you have the second sixth shrunken? If it's to attempt to recreate the echo effect, I would just put an expression text there instead; the smaller notes can be deceptive.
Ah, and I've spotted just now you have one!
You don't need to shrink the notes, and it can hurt the aesthetics..
Good arrangement though.
what is shitpost

Olimar12345

Lol, this sheet sure has seen some changes since I saw it last night...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 30, 2015, 01:56:46 PMLol, this sheet sure has seen some changes since I saw it last night...

The echo notes have been in fact already there for a while but on a separate local document that I didn't update on the forums.

Though, I did take note of your version of the time signature and rechecked it with ASGORE.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

BrainyLucario

Much better than my rough attempt...I actually attempted to arrange it based on hearing alone! I don't think I'm advanced enough to do that yet! I usually use other's renditions of the sheet music and work off the base idea that they give me to create my own...I change the sheet enough to where it's majorly different from my references but still correct
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Olimar12345

I'm still not sure if I'm okay with this. Last night when you mentioned that you had also done this arrangement I went and looked at it and it was a much different piece than I see here. Iirc, the entire piece started on beat one rather than three, you had decided against adding in the echo, even down to the articulation is exactly the same...

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on December 30, 2015, 01:02:54 PMWhy do you have the second sixth shrunken? If it's to attempt to recreate the echo effect, I would just put an expression text there instead; the smaller notes can be deceptive.
Ah, and I've spotted just now you have one!
You don't need to shrink the notes, and it can hurt the aesthetics..
Good arrangement though.

Lol shrinking the echoed notes was totally my idea, and it can be seen in my ASGORE arrangement with an edit date older than yours.

I'll be honest: it looks like you saw my arrangement, fixed yours up to be on par with mine, then deleted your current submission to get this hastily submitted.

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 30, 2015, 04:37:40 PMI'm still not sure if I'm okay with this. Last night when you mentioned that you had also done this arrangement I went and looked at it and it was a much different piece than I see here. Iirc, the entire piece started on beat one rather than three, you had decided against adding in the echo, even down to the articulation is exactly the same...

Lol shrinking the echoed notes was totally my idea, and it can be seen in my ASGORE arrangement with an edit date older than yours.

I'll be honest: it looks like you saw my arrangement, fixed yours up to be on par with mine, then deleted your current submission to get this hastily submitted.

I understand where you're coming from, and I will admit that:

1) I noticed the difference in the starting beat between the two arrangements, thoroughly re-analyzed Bergentrückung and Asgore, and determined that my notation was incorrect, so I fixed it.

2) I submitted this because you made your own arrangement of it. (And also partially because Undertale would surely pull more feedback than any other arrangement)

However, I added in the articulation and echo notes days ago on a separate copy local to my computer. I originally decided against the echo notes because I was under the impression that it overlapped with the other parts, and it cause playability issues. However, since other Undertale arrangements also had echo notes, I wanted to try adding them in. Thus, I created a separate local copy to experiment with the echo notes and articulations without changing the version in the Unofficial AP thread in case it didn't work out. The notation and articulation of the echo notes came specifically from this topic here:

http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=7840.msg317880#msg317880

Olimar12345

Okay then, as long as you understand where I was coming from. Seems to check out, then.

Altissimo

Quote from: BrainyLucario on December 30, 2015, 02:26:25 PMMuch better than my rough attempt...I actually attempted to arrange it based on hearing alone! I don't think I'm advanced enough to do that yet! I usually use other's renditions of the sheet music and work off the base idea that they give me to create my own...I change the sheet enough to where it's majorly different from my references but still correct

So what do you do if there is no comparison sheet? :p

Olimar12345

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 30, 2015, 06:55:49 PMWith this now being an official project, EVERYONE REMOVE YOUR UNDERTALE SUBMISSIONS AND INSTEAD POST THEM HERE.

Free up your submissions for other pieces and get your Undertale arrangements all in one spot here:

http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=7974.0