E. Gadd's Word of the Week & Others' Interpretations of Said Word™️

Started by E. Gadd Industries, January 03, 2016, 12:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 16, 2016, 07:42:03 PMso, a 3D object makes a 2D shadow, yes?  And a 2D object would make a 1D shadow.  So, it stands to reason that a 4D object makes a 3D shadow.  Ghosts anybody?
woooooOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH *kaboom*
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

right?  And so if ghosts are the remnants of dead people, and we assume the ghosts to be their shadows, wouldn't that make the 4 dimensional object casting the shadow... a person?
boom.  Thesis.
unmotivated

BrainyLucario

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 16, 2016, 07:46:29 PMright?  And so if ghosts are the remnants of dead people, and we assume the ghosts to be their shadows, wouldn't that make the 4 dimensional object casting the shadow... a person?
boom.  Thesis.
Noc, you are a genius. That is an amazing theory. It would also explain why we can pass through ghosts as well...they're just shadows
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

TooFarGann

Thats some string theory type stuff right there.

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Ōkami~MD

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

hello? there should be GIF here can u help me find it

Altissimo

ok e gadd, here's a challenge to your theory. How would you justify it to people who don't believe in God?

Ōkami~MD

Quote from: Altissimo on April 17, 2016, 07:48:06 AMok e gadd, here's a challenge to your theory. How would you justify it to people who don't believe in God?

you're screwed
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

mikey

if the 4th dimension is time, and we assume 4D objects to give 3D shadows, wouldn't that mean, if dead people went to heaven, heaven wouldn't be a place, but a time?
unmotivated

Ōkami~MD

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 17, 2016, 12:37:28 PMif the 4th dimension is time, and we assume 4D objects to give 3D shadows, wouldn't that mean, if dead people went to heaven, heaven wouldn't be a place, but a time?

maybe it's picnic time
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

Bloop

But ghosts aren't 3D shadows, right? That'd mean a ghost doesn't change over time, as explained in E. Gadd's theory. Ghosts are 4D shadows of 5D (dead) people, which would be heaven because 5D.

just following the dimensiontopic here

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Bloop on April 17, 2016, 02:46:40 PMBut ghosts aren't 3D shadows, right? That'd mean a ghost doesn't change over time, as explained in E. Gadd's theory. Ghosts are 4D shadows of 5D (dead) people, which would be heaven because 5D.

just following the dimensiontopic here
Aren't ghosts people whose spirits haven't moved on yet? So they wouldn't really be 5-D, right? And whens the last time you looked at your shadow...it's 2-D. So wouldn't we be in the 3rd Dimension?
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

TooFarGann

Quote from: BrainyLucario on April 17, 2016, 04:50:30 PMAren't ghosts people whose spirits haven't moved on yet? So they wouldn't really be 5-D, right? And whens the last time you looked your shadow...it's 2-D. So wouldn't we be in the 3rd Dimension?
Yes.

E. Gadd Industries

No, we're in the 4th dimension. If we were in the 3rd, age would be nonexistent. We would carry out our "lives" (more like state of perpetual existence, in this case) in a static form.
Quote from: Altissimo on April 17, 2016, 07:48:06 AMok e gadd, here's a challenge to your theory. How would you justify it to people who don't believe in God?
I don't. I simply present the theory. Accept it if you want, ignore it if you don't. It isn't worth getting into much of an argument. That's for another day. I have plenty of religion-based arguments, but this is a dimensional topic, not the existence (or not) of a higher being & its realm of existence.
The discussion can carry on, but here is today's word:
4/17/16 Variegated (adj.)- 1. Having discrete markings of different colors  2. Various, diverse, varied
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

FireArrow

I thought we were 3rd dimensional beings and time is the way we perceive the 4th dimension (given it's impossible for us to perceive it in a directional way.) Of course I'm pretty sure either way we're ignoring relativity since you gotta account for space-time, gravity, and shit.

Also your religious argument completely falls apart when you notice that 2 dimensional beings aren't dying and ascending to our 3rd dimensional "heaven" nor can we act as gods for the world they live in (at least knowingly.) Hell, even making the assumption that there are beings in other dimensions beyond ours in the first place isn't any different than assuming aliens live on Kepler-186f.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department