E. Gadd's Word of the Week & Others' Interpretations of Said Word™️

Started by E. Gadd Industries, January 03, 2016, 12:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

braix

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 27, 2016, 08:10:09 AMwhen curious George went to the top of the building at his city home there was a dovecote on top of it
I actually remember this
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

E. Gadd Industries

Yeah, I remember seeing that, too. Man, I had a good childhood. It was a weird childhood, but a good one. I did have conversations with my ceiling fan. Those were fun. But apparently those were WILDs and I just didn't know that.

4/28/16 Crural (adj.)- of or relating to the thigh or leg; specifically: femoral

Cross Country is a femoral sport. So is track. 4 meets left and I'll be finished with the track season! :D
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

You're not E Gadd with that avatar anymore
unmotivated

braix

Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Ōkami~MD

cross country is a crural excersize.... exersyze.... exer... sport
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

hello? there should be GIF here can u help me find it

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2016, 08:38:26 AMYou're not E Gadd with that avatar anymore
How so?

Quote from: braixen1264 on April 28, 2016, 09:18:24 AMYesterday was crural day

Quote from: Ōkami~MD on April 28, 2016, 09:47:02 AMcross country is a crural excersize.... exersyze.... exer... sport
XD I forgot to use crural in my sentence. Whoops! :P

I got my class ring yesterday! It looks great!
4/29/16 Deep-six (v.)- 1. to get rid of: discard, eliminate  2. slang: to throw overboard

There you go, Dude, a slang word! (Sorta?)
Anyhoo, why is the number six synonymous with "getting rid of something"?
Have you heard of "eighty-sixing" something? Same idea.
Hmmmm....
What other numbers are used in non-numeric contexts?
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on April 29, 2016, 07:02:54 AMwhy is the number six synonymous with "getting rid of something"?
It's possibly related to the term "six feet under," referring to someone who's dead, since coffins were/are traditionally six feet underground.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

unmotivated

Zeila

Numbers in a clock can be used to describe direction or w/e if that counts. Like for example, "I've got your six" implies "I've got your back"

cashwarrior1

I've never heard "deep-six" in the American Slanguage.

braix

Dudeman

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on April 29, 2016, 12:43:46 PMI've never heard "deep-six" in the American Slanguage.
Isn't that the point of this thread?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

You don't understand.  He's from Detroit.  We merely adopted slang.  He was born in it, molded by it.
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

cashwarrior1

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 29, 2016, 01:19:49 PMYou don't understand.  He's from Detroit.  We merely adopted slang.  He was born in it, molded by it.
I'm not from Detroit.