News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Looking to play a piano duet, skilled average or lower

Started by 607, January 06, 2016, 07:26:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey!
For an assignment for school I want to do a duet with myself, recording two parts separately and putting them together. (I'm not sure how I'll edit that, last time I thought I did it perfectly but nope... any tips for that are welcome too!)
I'm not great at piano like many of you probably are, but I taught myself through practice. This is an example of something I did to perhaps get an idea of my skill level: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCliGO6yEhc
I looked around this site, but couldn't fight anything that seemed doable.
Another thing is that it should be 5 minutes long, but I can combine parts. But most video game themes are so short that I'd need to paste like 5 of them together, which doesn't seem very reasonable.

So if anyone knows one or two parts written for two pianos that's not too difficult, please tell!

braix

I can't watch your example of the skill level at the moment, but how about Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Sky Tower?
Whatever you do though, don't mess up the beat anywhere in the song on either of the hands. It makes editing a complete pain.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Quote from: braixen1264 on January 06, 2016, 07:44:40 AMI can't watch your example of the skill level at the moment, but how about Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Sky Tower?
Whatever you do though, don't mess up the beat anywhere in the song on either of the hands. It makes editing a complete pain.
Thank you, that looks and sounds like something I'd love to try!
There are some things I don't understand, though.
In the base of the first four bars for piano 1, what are the 4 bars between every two notes?
Starting with the 5th for piano 2: what is the Leo. with the line with triangles?
In 45 piano 1, the 8va is between (). What does that mean? I know 8va means you should play it one octave higher than is written, but why is it between parentheses here?

On second hand, this does seem quite difficult :P, but that doesn't mean I won't try! :D

By the way, classical music is fine too, but video game music would be cooler, of course ;)

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: 607 on January 06, 2016, 08:01:58 AMThank you, that looks and sounds like something I'd love to try!
There are some things I don't understand, though.
In the base of the first four bars for piano 1, what are the 4 bars between every two notes?
Starting with the 5th for piano 2: what is the Leo. with the line with triangles?
In 45 piano 1, the 8va is between (). What does that mean? I know 8va means you should play it one octave higher than is written, but why is it between parentheses here?

On second hand, this does seem quite difficult :P, but that doesn't mean I won't try! :D

By the way, classical music is fine too, but video game music would be cooler, of course ;)

To answer your questions:

The four lines between the two notes are called tremolos. This symbol means that you rapidly alternate between the two notes for the duration of the notes.

The Leo mark is actually Ped. That is an abbreviation for playing the sustain pedal. The triangles indicate where you pick up the pedal and put it down again.

The 8va is in parentheses because it continues from a different page. It doesn't mean anything special; it is simply reminding you to stay an octave higher.

Hopefully that covers everything, and good luck!
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

mikey

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on January 06, 2016, 08:55:43 AMThe Leo mark is actually Ped.
I TOTALLY READ IT THAT WAY THE FIRST TIME I SAW IT TOO GLAD IT WASN'T JUST ME
unmotivated

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 06, 2016, 11:43:08 AMI TOTALLY READ IT THAT WAY THE FIRST TIME I SAW IT TOO GLAD IT WASN'T JUST ME

Hehe, yea, for whatever reason that pedal marking is a lot harder to read. I don't know if it's a font that Ben used or what. Completely understandable misread, I almost did it myself.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Brahms waltzes for 4 hands aren't too hard if memory serves. Opus 37 I believe, but don't quote me on that.
what is shitpost

mikey

unmotivated

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I knew someone was going to do it.
What you should've done was left out the "but don't quote me on that".
On the subject of the Brahms opus, it's Op. 39.
what is shitpost