News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

All Tempo Markings and Expressions for Notepad Users

Started by Th3Gavst3r, January 28, 2016, 09:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Th3Gavst3r

It's time to speed up the arranging process.

Included are Quarter, Dotted Quarter, and Half Note markings ranging 1-300 bpm.
To use them,
1) Go to the dropbox folder and download the template with the time signature your piece starts with.
2) Open it in Notepad, activate the Expression Tool, and double click on the measure you want to add a tempo marking to.

3) Scroll down through the expressions and select your tempo.

(there are 900 of them you can't miss it)

This method even allows tempo changes in the middle of the piece, which is awesome. Also included are most of the default expressions available in the full version of Finale, such as the Swing! tempo marking, rehearsal marks, extended dynamics options, and more.

Please note: This does not "install" tempo markings into Notepad. The markings will only show up if you are editing one of the template files.

Basically an upgrade to TheMarioPianist's Thread. Good inspiration that.

Olimar12345

I'm adding this to the resources. Thanks, Th3Gavst3r!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Latios212

oh my god this is amazing

BUT WHY WOULD YOU NEED A 1 BPM MARKING
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

braix

Because sometimes you want to hold a quarter note for a minute.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Th3Gavst3r

Quote from: braixen1264 on January 29, 2016, 08:03:46 AMBecause sometimes you want to hold a quarter note for a minute.
^^
I was thinking about adding a zero tempo too

BrainyLucario

What if i needed a -1 tempo? just kidding! The tempo list is fine the way it is Th3Gavst3r

Th3Gavst3r

Quote from: BrainyLucario on January 29, 2016, 08:15:20 AMWhat if i needed a -1 tempo? just kidding! The tempo list is fine the way it is Th3Gavst3r
Play it backwards? Da fine al capo? ???
Glad this is all you need lol

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Th3Gavst3r on January 28, 2016, 09:10:42 PMBasically an upgrade to TheMarioPianist's Thread. Good inspiration that.

I like it, great idea! This thread is now referenced in the OP of my time sig thread.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

BrainyLucario

So...if i wanted to repair a sheet on the site. I would have to transfer, by hand, all the notes onto the new file, just so I could get the tempo markings?

JDMEK5

Quote from: BrainyLucario on February 04, 2016, 08:09:15 AMSo...if i wanted to repair a sheet on the site. I would have to transfer, by hand, all the notes onto the new file, just so I could get the tempo markings?
Unless you're a proud Finale owner, I believe so yes.
I'm not sure I understand so take what I said with a grain of salt. Or a salt cube. Or a droppee. Or an XL Pepperoni pizza. Mmm pizza..
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

BrainyLucario

Altissimo

You can copy and paste music in finale (notepad) though

BrainyLucario

Yeah, I suppose. Besides the fact that sheet updates are still a hassle with Notepad, this still helps me a lot with arrangements. Thanks again, Th3Gavst3r!