News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

TWG LXXXVIII: Six Player Death Match! Post Game

Started by davy, February 27, 2016, 03:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davy

Good game everyone, I enjoyed it. Congratulations to E. Gadd for winning.

Phase by phase actions:

Night 1:
BrainyLucario guards himself (this blocks both vigi's. The OP didn't specify how many vigi's a guard can block, but nobody asked so I left it like that).
AwesomeYears vigi's BrainyLucario
fank009 vigi's BrainyLucario
E. Gadd Industries guards fank009
BlackDragonSlayer and BoywithoutaFairy don't choose any action

Day 1:
BrainyLucario is insta'd

Night 2:
fank009 vigi's BoywithoutaFairy
BlackDragonSlayer becomes charismatic
E. Gadd Industries, AwesomeYears and BoywithoutaFairy don't choose any action.

Day 2:
Due to a KitB, nobody is lynched.

Night 3:
BlackDragonSlayer nullifies fank009
AwesomeYears nullifies BlackDragonSlayer
fank009 nullifies E. Gadd Industries
E. Gadd Industries nullifies BlackDragonSlayer

Day 3:
AwesomeYears is insta'd

Night 4:
Everyone is nullified, so no night action is performed.

Day 4:

Night 5:
BlackDragonSlayer vigi's fank009
E. Gadd Industries nullifies BlackDragonSlayer
fank009 nullifies BlackDragonSlayer

Day 5:

Night 6:
E. Gadd Industries vigi's BlackDragonSlayer.

Player Analysis:

fank009:
Basically, the game revolved around you. You decided that AY, BDS, E. Gadd and yourself would be the final four, so Brainy and BoywithoutaFairy died early in the game. When E. Gadd and AY seemed to have formed an alliance against you, you managed to convince E. Gadd to vote for AY. Unfortunately, taken BDS into the final three ended up as your downfall. Nevertheless, because of the way you controlled the game I will grant you mvp.

BrainyLucario:
For some reason, all the other players wanted to get rid of you. You managed to guard yourself night 1, which I found quite an impressive call, but you couldn't do anything about the day 1 lynch afterwards. However, if you were more active in creating alliances, or rather, being active behind the scenes at all, you might not have met such a fate.

E. Gadd Industries:
You won, so kudos for that. Agreeing with fank's alliance proved to be a way to get to the final four for free, and by helping AwesomeYears with the BDS lynch meant he'd be off your back. Nullifying BDS proved to be a great choice as it completed the circle of nullifications, therefore not allowing BDS to gain the upper hand (even though AY also decided on the same nullify). In the end though, I think you got a bit lucky. I don't know why fank chose you over Brainy, but to me it seemed it could have gone either way. You also profited of fank and BDS ending up as each other's biggest threats. However, your choices were usually made pretty well, so I think you deserved to win.

BlackDragonSlayer:
You joined any alliance kinda half-heartedly and never trusted anyone, in a typical BDS fashion. I really liked how you planned to win with your night 3 action, but due to the nullifies of AY and E. Gadd, it just ended up with fank turning against you. Eventually, you got both E. Gadd and fank against you in night 5, which meant there was no way for you to win left. I like how you played with risk in night 3 (either you win, or it would become very hard), but I would like to see you try to stay on good terms with the other players a little longer.

AwesomeYears:
You were kinda just there, having little impact on the game. Your night 1 action was blocked, your day one vote was just part of a bandwagon, you didn't even send in a night 2 action and your night 3 action was shared with your only sort of ally. Strangely enough, you almost made it to night 4, where you could have devastated the other players, because you were the only player that could still chose a power. Unfortunately for you, fank and BDS didn't want that, and your inactivity became your downfall when E. Gadd switched sides.

BoywithoutaFairy:
Inactive. That's all I have to say.

Thoughts on the games balance:
When the game reached its final stages, I realised that certain powers were stronger than others. Vigi would beat charismatic which would beat nullifier which would beat guardian which would tie vigi. The power that could stop vigi, was not helping the user win the game, which meant that is was not that good. I had been thinking that it might have been better if the guard would also kill the first player that atempted the vigi, that might have balanced things out a bit. Another problem was that nullify could not be blocked, which proved that when it was the superior play, everybody went for it. I definately like the concept of this game, and I would definately host a tweaked version of this game another time.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

AwesomeYears

Soz for the crap and inactive game by me, this game format didn't really excite me in any way so I didn't really reply to any PMs. The wolf aspect is really what makes me excited. Again, soz.

E. Gadd Industries

Whoo! (Yeah, I agree, luck played a big role.) That was fun! I had a lot of strategies, but none of them ever would've worked out, situationally speaking.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BrainyLucario

I was robbed....an inactive player survived longer than me!
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

fank009

Quote from: BrainyLucario on February 27, 2016, 12:57:01 PMI was robbed....an inactive player survived longer than me!
sorry brainy.

hindsight thoughts.
-so thats what happened d3.
-BDS... you say my play is sporadic,  by far you played less rationally then I did.
You dont vig at 3s.

-e.gadd so much naivety, I feel like I should have followed through. Sometimes (hindsight I couldn't at times.)

Hindsight I should have lynched bds d2. Got to that situation anyway.
(Didnt want to enter 3s even and still trying to asses the meta

-playing a straight aggressive game can only get you so far.

I learnt to play this way from Russell hantz... no wonder I lost.
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: fank009 on February 27, 2016, 01:53:58 PM-BDS... you say my play is sporadic,  by far you played less rationally then I did.
The first night, I forgot the phase ended so early, but other than that, I'm pretty sure the Charismatic was a good call (or at least a decent one).

QuoteYou dont vig at 3s.
I was pretty certain you were going to nullify me (and had no definitive idea of what E. Gadd was doing), so there wasn't really any other option aside from vigi'ing E. Gadd (prolonging the game at that point would have accomplished nothing, especially with nullifications in play).

QuoteHindsight I should have lynched bds d2. Got to that situation anyway.
Well, with hindsight, I probably should have vigi'd you Night 2...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber