News:

See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

Heaphones problem

Started by Nitro Indigo, March 31, 2016, 11:40:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitro Indigo

A few months ago, my Windows 10 laptop decided that it would stop recognising headphones for no reason. It can't be a problem with the headphones because I've tried at least four pairs and none of them work. I've tried everything - updating audio drivers, contacting Microsoft - but nothing seems to be working. Help?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Dudeman

It might be possible that you got some gunk, etc., in the headphone jack. It's happened to me. Take a toothpick or something slim (preferably not made of metal) and try scraping around on the inside. If you've tried everything else then it might be a physical problem.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Nitro Indigo

Maybe I'll try that... My laptop also has pixel-wide vertical lines on the left of the screen that I can't find anything about on Google search.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

mikey

have you tried a factory reset
unmotivated

Sebastian

mikey

dude, you're supposed to bash windows 8
you can't just randomly hate on windows 10 like this
unmotivated

Ōkami~MD

It's not the same model of computer but I found this link ( https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/48824/Vertical+line+on+screen+(possibly+stuck+pixels)%3A+likely+causes ) 'thanks nocturne' which is someone who seems to be having the same problem with the bands, however I don't know about the headphones.

It could be that it's just been used a lot, on my W8 laptop I managed to break my usb slot by overuse but it's not the same issue so might have no relation

Also try referring to the lines as bands, again might not make a difference but supposedly that's what they're called. Not everything I've said here is definitive, just giving you a few options (I'm not a tech expert)
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

hello? there should be GIF here can u help me find it

mikey

better fix that link by throwing in a space before the close parentheses
but a factory reset isn't a bad idea just copy your data to another drive
also it could be like dudeman said and there's a physical issue going on somewhere
unmotivated